Sims/PC Parts - who has what?

Hey lads, quick q' for anyone who cares to chime in:

For anyone running the following sims - iRacing, Asseto Corsa, rFactor 1, rFactor 2, Project Cars - what sort of PC setup/parts are you running to achieve max setting on all of them?

I'm assuming Project Cars is the limiting factor in the above scenario and likely requires the most beefy hardware to run on maximum settings.

A sincere thanks and digital fist bump to anyone taking the time to chime in.

P's!

Oh yeah, just picked up an oculus dk2.. I believe this limits choices of graphic card.

My racing rig is running a first-gen i5, 8GB RAM and a 750TI OC GPU with a 32" LCD and the DK2, however the GPU is killing my DK2 experience so I use that on my main desktop for Elite Dangerous instead. The problem is I don't really want to upgrade because that machine can run games like Dirt Rally, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom on high settings with a frame rate above 60 FPS all the time and iRacing on Ultra also at 60 FPS, all at 1080p too.

My main desktop that I do all of my non-racing gaming on is running an AMD FX-8350, 8GB RAM, and an AMD 7870 GPU, I run 3 x 24" 1080p LCD's (but only game on one) on that and the DK2 runs really well, however I would recommend a better GPU as the 7870 is about three years old or so.

The Nvidia 970's are "cheap" and full of horsepower. However I reckon a high end 700 series from Nvidia might do you just well too.

Upvote 0
i5 4560 here, 8GB RAM with a gtx 970. Have AC Supersampled at 2715x1527 and pCars at 1080p cranked almost to the max, never drop below 60 fps and get averages of 80-90 fps depending on the track. That's with a grid of 26 cars.

Upvote 0
Thanks lads, really appreciate your input,

Fellow members, keep em coming if possible. Then I may post a potential parts list if anyone cares to chime in on it,

Thanks again Chris and Tri

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi chaps, here's a list of parts I'm thinking of going with attached below.

My thinking is to get a good CPU and motherboard now, leaving other bits to be updated down the road if need be.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0
Here's what I'm running. May be overkill for some but we'll leave that to each their own.
I7 - 4930K, 2 - 980 GTX, 16 GB Memory, 3 - 27" G-Sync monitors and 2 SSD's. Runs all games at pretty much max FPS with the occasional dip on some tracks.

Upvote 0
Thanks for Your input devil dog!

I'm leaning toward upping from 8gb to 16gb and also going faster on it than 1600. Maybe 23xx

Also will for sure go with at least the one ssd.

I'll probably top out on graphics with the 970 card, as what I need for dk2" and will update later when cv1 comes out.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing