SimRacn | Offical Support Thread

Thought it might be better to give these their own thread instead of in Will's until i can get my web site up and running. Right now the lead time has been avg about 8 weeks. Working on getting that back down a bit.

Possibly other wheels as well. i have the bolt circle dimensions for the chilicoke adapter, ECCI has a couple of different sizes, but not hard to work with. If you have the bolt hole circle size, i can make a wheel to fit it.

Effective Feb 5th 2011 I have had to raise prices due to costs.

Are you looking for a custom wheel for your G25 / G27 steering wheel to make your racing easier and more immersive? I have various styles and sizes of custom plexiglass wheels to do just that. The pictures are of standard wheels, but the button placement can be moved around to accommodate your preferences. The number of button, switch and encoder pockets can also be adjusted to your preference. Wheel bodies are painted gloss black with clear grips unless specified otherwise.. All wheel prices are for the wheels alone, it does NOT include any electronics. Electronics are sold seperately, I purchase them from Leo Bodnar and install upon request. I can get less expensive buttons as an option, but are not the quality of Leo's knitter buttons. One other option is 3D Carbon Fiber vinyl overlay. Another is airbrushed designs. The 3D CF and custom airbrushing are at additional costs.
I can also make the wheels so that they will fit with the chilicoke adapter.

The standard formula wheels are 10 5/8" wide (270mm), can be increased to 11 1/4" wide (286mm) at no extra charge. At this time the styles are Formula, Redbull type with a display, Redbull type without a display, Williams style, Le Mans style and an open bottom formula style. These wheels can be pocketed for either an sli-m or sli-pro type board.

GT style wheels are 12 5/8" wide (320mm)

14" diameter round wheels. (smaller diameter upon request, Pricing upon request)

Various styles of plates to go behind or on top of a wheel. Two are 3/4" (19.05mm) thick plates, the other is a 1" (25.4mm) pocketed plate for the stock g25 wheel. The wheel sits down inside a cutout with the button, switch and display raised up. The pocketed plates also have a back on them to hide the electonics.

Average completion time is 3-4 weeks from date of order. If finished sooner, it will be shipped upon receipt of any balance due.

1. Open top basic wheel = $150.00 US
2. GT style = $175.00 US
3. 14" round (oval racing) = $170.00 US
4. all Formula style = $250.00 US This includes the Redbull type, Williams style, and open bottom style
5. Redbull w/no display = $225.00 US
6. SLI-M or Pro plate = $65.00 US
7. Pocketed plates = $125.00 US (flat topped this style 100.00 US)
8. Shipping and Handling = $20.00 US except for the larger 14" wheel, that is $25.00

International, overnight or express shipments at current rates. International shipping has been averaging $50.00 US, will quote prior to order.

PARTS;
Parts for the pro board,
12 knitter buttons, 4 rotary switches, 2 push type rotary encoders, wiring harness and shipping from Leo Bodnar.
Prices avg about 350.00-360.00 US depending on exchange rate.

Parts for the M board,
2 push type rotary encoders, 10 knitter buttons.
Prices avg about 216.00 US

Wiring service = $55.00 US
ADD-ONS
on/off/on momentary toggle switch = $8.00
3d Carbon Fiber vinyl = $35.00 US
purple led's w/chrome holder = $4.00
Color coded knobs = $4.00 US each plus shipping if bought seperate. color choices are Red, White, Blue, Green and Yellow.

If you have a design shape you like that is different than what is shown, I will try to work with you to come to an agreeable similarity so as not to copy the original design. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them. My philosophy is that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Email contact is simracn@gmail.com Paypal payment info upon request and order.

Attachments

• Formula II.jpg
    Formula II.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 688
  • Pocketed Pro plate.jpg
    Pocketed Pro plate.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,930
  • GT Style with blk grip and plate.jpg
    GT Style with blk grip and plate.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 671
  • Formula open bottom.jpg
    Formula open bottom.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 561
  • Momo plate.jpg
    Momo plate.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 791
  • Wheel Styles.jpg
    Wheel Styles.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 697
I have seen some pics of it with the wheel off, and i know the BHC is 58mm. I have not made one for a T500 yet, but i do not see why we cannot get something worked out. I have also heard of a cpl ppl having probs with the wheel once the get the stock wheel off and then try to put back on again. dont know if they were the only one, but just wanted to for warn......
Have you looked at my site? and if so, please email me and will see what can do. Let me know what yor looking for, IE; a plate, or a wheel, etc.
and thank you for your interest.

Upvote 0
Hey mate, I am seriously thinking of purchasing a custom made wheel from you this week (F1-ish SLI-Pro used for both touring and open wheel mods). It would be the first mod to my factory standard G25 (bought in 2007), now I am just wondering about the in-game control mapping to the rotary swiches; can they be set to brake bias and engine boost mapping? Cheers mate

Upvote 0
I had a social commitment until about 7.30, by the time I got home, had dinner and did all that it was 8.30ish and I really had nothing more to give in terms of energy.

Sure, but I won't be on until about 7 or 8...

Upvote 0
Hello Ash, thank you for your interest, and if you have any other questions, dont hesitate to ask. Thank you very much Tom for answering his question on the mapping. About all the time i have to race anymore is some test sessions sigh, but i love making the wheels, so a good trade off :) So not that familiar with the mapping, basic questions on that i can answer, or point you n the direction to who can.

Upvote 0
Very good read Brian! thank you!

On the paint question, i can do just about any solid color for no extra charge. there are also some exotic colors, but those would be at an up charge. I use Autoair colors, acrylics, then they are cleared with a urethane clear coat. If you are interested in looking at the available colors, look here: http://www.autoaircolors.com/products/product_frames.html

Sorry, was going to post a pic of the progress on the P310 wheel working on, but not sure how to get one large enough in psd format to be able to see.

Upvote 0
ATTENTION ALL!! I have a new toy and can't wait to use it! I am discounting my complete wheel packages, (wheel, Sli-pro, buttons, wiring and CF). Wheel options are: Red Bull, Williams, and Formula. Standard configurations are: 12 buttons, 4 rotary switches and 2 push type encoders. The great price for this package is $699.00, standard shipping included. This sale starts today, July 8, 2011 and will run through July 22, 2011. Estimated shipping for new orders is 8-10 weeks. If there is anything else I can do for you, just ask.

Charlie V

Upvote 0
Has been a little bit since been on here, have been a little busy getting used to nights and working on wheels and such.

Here be the new machine: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12444598/IMAG0220.jpg has seen a bit of use. and looking for more :)

CHRISTMAS SALE!!! I am offering two choices. First choice: A red bull inspired wheel with the standard configuration for a SLI pro, 12 buttons, 4 switches and 2 encoders. Includes carbon fiber vinyl, and choice of clear or black grips. You supply parts (SLI pro, buttons, switches and encoders) and do your own wiring. Regular price is $335. Sale price is $300 including shipping.
Second choice: A red bull inspired wheel ready to plug and play. Also with the standard configuration of SLI pro, 12 buttons, 4 switches and 2 encoders. Carbon fiber vinyl, choice of clear or black grips. Includes wiring, parts, coiled cable and choice of knob colors and styles. Regular price is $750. Sale price is $700 including shipping. If you choose to use Radio Shack buttons, you can save an additional $100, making it $600 including shipping.
This sale ends October 5, 2011. Approximate ship date is 10 weeks.
These wheels are priced as listed. Any changes will result in a price change.
So let the ones you love know that this is what you want. They could get their Christmas shopping off to a good start.
To order, email me at: simracn@gmail.com.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years