SimRacn | Offical Support Thread

Thought it might be better to give these their own thread instead of in Will's until i can get my web site up and running. Right now the lead time has been avg about 8 weeks. Working on getting that back down a bit.

Possibly other wheels as well. i have the bolt circle dimensions for the chilicoke adapter, ECCI has a couple of different sizes, but not hard to work with. If you have the bolt hole circle size, i can make a wheel to fit it.

Effective Feb 5th 2011 I have had to raise prices due to costs.

Are you looking for a custom wheel for your G25 / G27 steering wheel to make your racing easier and more immersive? I have various styles and sizes of custom plexiglass wheels to do just that. The pictures are of standard wheels, but the button placement can be moved around to accommodate your preferences. The number of button, switch and encoder pockets can also be adjusted to your preference. Wheel bodies are painted gloss black with clear grips unless specified otherwise.. All wheel prices are for the wheels alone, it does NOT include any electronics. Electronics are sold seperately, I purchase them from Leo Bodnar and install upon request. I can get less expensive buttons as an option, but are not the quality of Leo's knitter buttons. One other option is 3D Carbon Fiber vinyl overlay. Another is airbrushed designs. The 3D CF and custom airbrushing are at additional costs.
I can also make the wheels so that they will fit with the chilicoke adapter.

The standard formula wheels are 10 5/8" wide (270mm), can be increased to 11 1/4" wide (286mm) at no extra charge. At this time the styles are Formula, Redbull type with a display, Redbull type without a display, Williams style, Le Mans style and an open bottom formula style. These wheels can be pocketed for either an sli-m or sli-pro type board.

GT style wheels are 12 5/8" wide (320mm)

14" diameter round wheels. (smaller diameter upon request, Pricing upon request)

Various styles of plates to go behind or on top of a wheel. Two are 3/4" (19.05mm) thick plates, the other is a 1" (25.4mm) pocketed plate for the stock g25 wheel. The wheel sits down inside a cutout with the button, switch and display raised up. The pocketed plates also have a back on them to hide the electonics.

Average completion time is 3-4 weeks from date of order. If finished sooner, it will be shipped upon receipt of any balance due.

1. Open top basic wheel = $150.00 US
2. GT style = $175.00 US
3. 14" round (oval racing) = $170.00 US
4. all Formula style = $250.00 US This includes the Redbull type, Williams style, and open bottom style
5. Redbull w/no display = $225.00 US
6. SLI-M or Pro plate = $65.00 US
7. Pocketed plates = $125.00 US (flat topped this style 100.00 US)
8. Shipping and Handling = $20.00 US except for the larger 14" wheel, that is $25.00

International, overnight or express shipments at current rates. International shipping has been averaging $50.00 US, will quote prior to order.

PARTS;
Parts for the pro board,
12 knitter buttons, 4 rotary switches, 2 push type rotary encoders, wiring harness and shipping from Leo Bodnar.
Prices avg about 350.00-360.00 US depending on exchange rate.

Parts for the M board,
2 push type rotary encoders, 10 knitter buttons.
Prices avg about 216.00 US

Wiring service = $55.00 US
ADD-ONS
on/off/on momentary toggle switch = $8.00
3d Carbon Fiber vinyl = $35.00 US
purple led's w/chrome holder = $4.00
Color coded knobs = $4.00 US each plus shipping if bought seperate. color choices are Red, White, Blue, Green and Yellow.

If you have a design shape you like that is different than what is shown, I will try to work with you to come to an agreeable similarity so as not to copy the original design. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them. My philosophy is that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Email contact is simracn@gmail.com Paypal payment info upon request and order.

Attachments

• Formula II.jpg
    Formula II.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 689
  • Pocketed Pro plate.jpg
    Pocketed Pro plate.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,931
  • GT Style with blk grip and plate.jpg
    GT Style with blk grip and plate.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 672
  • Formula open bottom.jpg
    Formula open bottom.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 563
  • Momo plate.jpg
    Momo plate.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 791
  • Wheel Styles.jpg
    Wheel Styles.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 697
This is an upgrade I have been thinking alot lately. My SLI pro cabling is a mess due to the G25 size. I am keen on the GT Style wheel. I'll give ya a shout once I have extra funds.

Upvote 0
I have also been considering this because I've heard alot of talk about your work. But I do have a question. When I purchase one of these, do I have to send you my G27 so you can attach it on and everything? Or can I attach it myself once it is sent to me?

And would I have an option to add grips? I read that they ware out, but I'm okay with that. I don't like the bare glass showing.

Upvote 0
No Danny, yo would not need to ship your g27 to me. once you get your wheel, you would need to unbolt the stock wheel, be carefull not to pull the button wires, detach the plugs from the board in the hub and install the new wheel.
if your not familiar with soldering, i can do that for you. I would order the parts, install and wire them up, and test to make sure all buttons and such are registering before shipping.
as far as the grips, the first pic on the left showing a formula II wheel has black painted grips. i can do black or just about any other solid color you'd like on the grip for no extra charge. i can do a custom scheme of 2-3 colors, but that would be an extra charge.
The rubberized was wearing out within about a month, and that is just not acceptable. if it was after a year or so, i could maybe understand it, but not that quick.
Does that answer your concerns? if you have others or other questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Upvote 0
That answers everything. Thank you. I would want everything already soldered in there by you, if that's alright. You know what, I'm just going to send you an e-mail sometime this week. I have the money so I might as well get the talks going officially. I'm just curious as to whether or not your accepting new clients at this point?

Upvote 0
Here is a custom wheel plate done for me. It was made to fit many wheel sizes. I had 270mm, 320mm and 350mm wheels mounted on it and they all worked great. Currently it has a MOMO Mod 88 320mm wheel. At my request the wheel plate was made to be fitted to a Chilicoke G25 adapater with 70mm spacing mounts so I can use most MOMO/SPARCO/OMP or other aftermarket racing wheels. He does great work and will do custom stuff also.

DSCN0167.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi...

I am a total newbie when it comes to customizing stuff, so this might be the right solution for me... :)

I have a G27, but I really hate the buttons on that thing... and a few extra buttons would be nice...

A few questions, though :
- Can the existing 6 buttons be "moved" to the plate (and be exchanged for nicer buttons), so Logitech Profiler still works?
- Will the sli-manager software be able to make the buttons mimic keypresses, so the buttons can be used in "unsupported" games?

Cant think of more right now, but I'm sure questions will pop into my head later... :)

Regards
Dime

Upvote 0
If you can do some basic soldering, its not that hard to swap the buttons out. but the stock button wires are pretty small, so be forwarned :)
I would think joy-to-key should be able to do the unsupported functions. If i am incorrect, maybe someone else reading can correct or expand on it.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

Here is a custom wheel plate done for me. It was made to fit many wheel sizes. I had 270mm, 320mm and 350mm wheels mounted on it and they all worked great. Currently it has a MOMO Mod 88 320mm wheel. At my request the wheel plate was made to be fitted to a Chilicoke G25 adapater with 70mm spacing mounts so I can use most MOMO/SPARCO/OMP or other aftermarket racing wheels. He does great work and will do custom stuff also.

DSCN0167.jpg

That's exactly what I am looking for...this would be awesome. I will be contacting Charlie soon about it. :D

Upvote 0
That's exactly what I am looking for...this would be awesome. I will be contacting Charlie soon about it. :D

I will be getting the version 2 of this in the Feb time frame from CV. Looks about the same except it will have two more buttons at the bottom. It will a have routed out back to hide all the wiring and provide the mounting for buttons, encoders and rota switches as needed and have a back cover plate. Again drilled for the Chilicoke adapter.

Here is a vid with a 350mm wheel attached. Not a great vid showing the plate but gives you and idea what it would be like.

Upvote 0
Hi Charlie,
Good idea on starting your own thread. I'm currently waiting on my wheel to turn up in the post, has just left the states so it's on route :) . Anybody looking at ordering a wheel from Charlie will not be disappointed, very professional and lots of communication and updates. Will post my thoughts once it arrives and I have tested. I'm sure there will be no issues.

Thanks for everything so far Charlie.

Upvote 0
you could do a custom wheel, add your own 6 buttons, but would have to disconnect the stock buttons and solder the wires to the new buttons.
the wheels have been building use one of Leo's boards, sli-m, pro or have even completed one with a pro and a bu0836, he wanted some extra buttons :) The sli and bu boards all connect with a seperate usb cord.

Upvote 0
you could do a custom wheel, add your own 6 buttons, but would have to disconnect the stock buttons and solder the wires to the new buttons.
the wheels have been building use one of Leo's boards, sli-m, pro or have even completed one with a pro and a bu0836, he wanted some extra buttons :) The sli and bu boards all connect with a seperate usb cord.

A six button plate for a Momo could be a good starter, thinking about the Momo plate with sli-m(?) (last jpg on page 1).

Do you know the Logitech wires deliver 5v to the wheel buttons? If so maybe this could power a wireless USB?

Upvote 0
Well I received my wheel from Charlie and I'm more than happy with how it came out. Got everything sorted and all my buttons and switches to do what I want them to do and I love it. If you order one I can promise that you will not be disappointed.

Here you go, sorry for the poor photos, taken from iphone:

MYWHEEL1.jpg

MYWHEEL.jpg

Just need to sort out some nice stickers for the buttons :)

Upvote 0
No haven't got the rubber grip as there was problems with it lasting. It's just been painted black with a clear coat over the top. It feels fine but I'm going to cover it with a grip material that I've got but if I don't like it then I will just revert to how you see it here.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back