SimRacing Modding Roundup - June 2016 - Assetto Corsa Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Le Mans.jpg

RaceDepartment.com present the June 2016 edition of our Assetto Corsa Modding Roundup feature. Today we highlight a range of new and updated modifications for the Kunos Simulazioni title launched during the month of June.

This is the third instalment of our roundup articles, following on from our April and May editions. I would again like to take this opportunity to remind you that in no way do RaceDepartment endorse these mods or take any responsibility whatsoever for any issues caused by downloading these files. The idea behind the articles is rather simple, to help throw light on some of the wonderful community content created for our favourite racing simulators. If you feel we have missed out some "must have" content, or want to draw my attention to a project you are working on, please feel free to drop me a PM or leave a message in the comments section below….

AC 4L Cup.jpg

Renault 4L Cup 1.1
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Category: Cars/Touring
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 11/04/2016
Credits: See download link
Scratch built by a one man team comes the fictional Renault Alpine 4L Cup racing car. Featuring 10 unique liveries, road tyres and 100bhp the 4L Cup is an interesting addition to the Italian sim. Although the 4L is a real life car, jeromeewing has created his fictional Alpine racing version for players to enjoy. Utilising V7 tyre technology and engaging in a first attempt to mod Assetto Corsa, this is a praiseworthy project that deserves further attention.

AC Williams 2001.jpg

Williams FW23 F1 2001 1.1.1
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Category: Cars/Open Wheel
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 04/06/2016
Scratch built debut release by the MSF modding team comes the 2001 season Williams BMW of Juan Pablo Montoya and Ralf Schumacher. Although the mod would benefit from some further development in a number of areas, the base for this car is already very solid and represents impressive work undertaken so far. Benefiting from an enjoyable and precise driving experience as well as immersive sounds, this is a strong first attempt by MSF, a team who appear to have a promising future.

AC Jordan 191.jpg

Jordan 191 (F1 1991) - WIP
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Category: Cars/Open Wheel
Info Link - HERE
Latest Release: N/A
Credits:
See info link
One could easily argue the case for the 1991 Jordan Ford 191 to be rated amongst some of the most strikingly attractive Grand Prix cars of recent times, and the 8 man team behind this mod are looking to bring to Assetto Corsa this beautiful little car in the coming months. Work is currently on-going with the impressive sounds already completed and texturing of the car and interior "progressing nicely". Looking likely to be a popular download on release.

AC BMW Super Touring Mod.jpg

BMW 320i STW/BTCC
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Info Link - HERE
Latest Release: N/A
Credits:
See info link
From the same man who created the epic 1999 BTCC Nissan Primera comes the next Super Touring spec Assetto Corsa mod, the BMW 320i. Known for quality of the highest standards, Patrik Marek will be releasing his BMW in BTCC, STW and Endurance specification. The car is scratch built and is expected to contain the same level of attention to detail as the already released Nissan Primera. Supertouring racing holds a place in many people's hearts and will this should be prove to be another hit for the talented modder.

AC 996 Biturbo.jpg

Alzen 996 Biturbo "Turbinchen" 1.0
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Info Link - HERE
Latest Release: 25/06/2016
Credits:
See info link
Scratch built with permissions and data from Jürgen Alzen Motorsport, this is a first attempt at creating a vehicle for Assetto Corsa by AccAkut and is an incredibly well made piece of content. Lovely 3D moddeling with believable and entertaining physics, the legendary 996 is brought to life in this mod. Containing 10 paint schemes and 2 variations of the car (AWD and RWD) the Alzen 996 VLN special is an exceptional mod and well worth a try.

AC Puy Du Lac.jpg

Puy Du Lac (France) 0.9
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Category: Tracks/Dirt
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 13/06/2016
Currently at version 0.9 and due to be updated in the near future, this is another off road location created for Assetto Corsa by the prolific SIM TRAXX modding team. Located in France, Puy Du Lac is based on real life roads and measures 5000m in length for the standard public release versions. The non-public 'Ultimate Edition' featuring different layouts will also be available via the SIM TRAXX team. Looking and feeling well made, the Puy Du Lac mod is another enjoyable creation from the SIM TRAXX team.

AC Le Mans.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 1.1
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Category: Tracks/Semi Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 09/06/2016
Home of the most famous race in the world, the Circuit de la Sarthe is one of the most iconic venues in the whole of motorsport and has been digitally recreated for Assetto Corsa in loving detail. Converted and updated from the original rFactor mod, this track has undergone numerous updates and improvements to bring it up to its current version 1.1 level. Featuring space for 30 cars and fully working AI, this is an impressive version of the Le Mans classic and a must have download for endurance fans.

AC Riverside.jpg

Riverside International Raceway 0.7
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Category: Tracks/Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 25/06/2016
Well... not a more I can add to this one really. Its epic. Could easily be vanilla content as the production quality is simply first class. More info, read the download link or our recent article here. Must have content.

AC Laguna.png
Laguna Seca 0.5
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 28/06/2016
Every good race sim needs a version of Laguna Seca and Bernd Schmidt aims to provide just that with his scratch build version of the American classic racetrack. Created with the aid of real life elevation data, this circuit is very much a work in progress but already shows very strong signs of becoming a quality mod for Assetto Corsa. Additional texturing and roadside objects still need adding to the trackside surroundings however the track itself is very much in playable condition. A personal favourite track of mine, very much looking forward to seeing this mod progress.

AC Modena.png

Autodromo di Modena 3.0
Title:
Assetto Corsa
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 24/06/2016
Scratch built and well polished version of the former Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini test track that closed for professional racing way back in 1975. Built with a high level of attention to detail and faithfully recreating the once glorious venue, the team behind this mod have created a truely stunning add on circuit for Assetto Corsa. Benefiting from regular updates, this is another excellent addition to the title.

Following the shock closure of the official Assetto Corsa modding forums and subsequent community outcry we at RaceDepartment have created a new Assetto Corsa Modding Discussion forum, a location where community members can share progress on the latest mod creations, download new content and interact and ask questions about the world of mod creation in Assetto Corsa. Check out the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum for details and take a look at our general Assetto Corsa forum where you will find all the latest news items and community discussion topics.

Please can I take this opportunity to ask you, the community, to help improve other users experiences when downloading a mod at RaceDepartment? If you download a mod here at RD please consider testing and taking the time to leave a rating and comment so the author and other community members can see opinions on how each mod is developing. Just 5 minutes of your time for each download you make can go a long way towards helping others make informed decisions and helps add to the general awesomeness that is the RaceDepartment mods section! Thank you...

RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events in Assetto Corsa using a variety of content found in game. Check out the AC Racing Club for details and how to join in the action.

Did you enjoy our modding roundup? Spot any interesting content we missed? Have a particular favourite in our list? Let’s discuss in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Tbh all circuits by Tiago Lima and Mitja Bonca are masterpieces. The Paul Ricard by strarck3D is impressive and very well done. Don't forget RSR Formula 3 by Andrea Lojelo and Formula Renault 3.5 by David Dominguez.
On RD there are so many stunning modders!

I have already lost count on how many versions of Laguna Seca there is on AC. The modders of most of them seem just stop developing after a while, and I end up with like 3 versions of unfinished Laguna Seca. It's so annoying. I know Laguna Seca might not be the most popular US track out there, but I do wish when Kunos starts to laserscan US tracks they can make a Laguna Seca just to end the chaos...

I have already lost count on how many versions of Laguna Seca there is on AC. The modders of most of them seem just stop developing after a while, and I end up with like 3 versions of unfinished Laguna Seca. It's so annoying. I know Laguna Seca might not be the most popular US track out there, but I do wish when Kunos starts to laserscan US tracks they can make a Laguna Seca just to end the chaos...

tracks take lot of time, more then cars , so it's understandable that people loose interest to finish it off proprely. not much anyone can do about this

modding got way more complex then in the days of rFactor

tracks take lot of time, more then cars , so it's understandable that people loose interest to finish it off proprely. not much anyone can do about this

I totally understand the effort modders put in their work and I understand people give up. But Laguna Seca really is a chaos. Maybe it's a popular track, people want it and they decide to mod it themselves but stop their work halfway. Anyways I wish someone, Kunos or some modder, just make a finished version.

but he released a lot of tracks, now he could improve them, slowly, i wouldn't mind to wait.

Second that, especially optimization. Does not meet with KUNOS standards while some others track mods do.

To the very least, Bernd Schmidt's version of the Laguna SECA is not a ripped off version (may not be the world's most accurate model but scratch build with the right elevations) - not to mention "Not half baked" unlike some other released ones here in the past.

Made me wanna cry.

@St3fan yeah I agree, they want to have it done well and when they see that the progress is perhaps not that good, and maybe beyond their skills they give .. dunno

so far I only worked on 2 tracks ( actually 3) , but I didn't have time to concentrate on them, so it will be quite a while before I will even announce something

doing tracks - in my oppinion - is easier then cars, but it's way more work

I would love to see a good Laguna Seca, but yeah who knows

It is a crazy amount of work to build a track to current gen standards. People simply do not understand that when they think "hey I want to make a track" and quickly get overwhelmed with the learning curve and the shear amount of work involved. I have no clue how many hours I have just in my two tracks and I really don't want to know.

Tbh all circuits by Tiago Lima and Mitja Bonca are masterpieces. The Paul Ricard by strarck3D is impressive and very well done. Don't forget RSR Formula 3 by Andrea Lojelo and Formula Renault 3.5 by David Dominguez.
On RD there are so many stunning modders!

I think this article is about what was new or updated in June. So that why not all good mods are listed, especially the FR3.5 that is still on tyres V4 >.<

But all those from scratch made mods are great and evolving well. Keep the good work modders!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.3%