1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Apps SimpleHUD 1.8.1

This is a simple HUD a little like Kunos's original "Gear" appwith many options.

1. xenicle submitted a new resource:

SimpleHUD 1.0 - This is a simple HUD a little like Kunos's original "Gear" app.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nice with all the needed info in an small place - I try it!;)

3. xenicle updated SimpleHUD 1.0 with a new update entry:

Update 1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Thanks! Here's hoping it doesn't kill my framerates like some apps do....

5. Hope to, if you can : report if it's kill framerates !
    But I try to code with optimization in mind.

6. I think it's largely a Crossfire thing in AC that kills framerates when complicated apps are running- not much an app dev can do about it. (I have a Crossfire setup.)

7. Ok, thanks for this info, I think nvidia SLI have same problems...

8. Just tested - nice, no impact on framerates!

A couple of options I would like to see if you plan to develop this further: 1. transparency adjustment - I prefer a fully transparent app when I can use it, seems to be less disruptive of the immersion in the sim. 2: I find the 3 digit RPM distracting. Would prefer an option for 2 digit, maybe with 2 zeros tacked on all the time for a total 4 digit number. 3: option to turn off the G-meter, I find it kind of useless without any metric and I think the app's appearance would be better without it.

Nice app - don't take these suggestions the wrong way, it's habit - in my professional life I sometimes conduct technology evaluations.

9. Thanks for your suggestions !

1. There is a little problem and i wasn't find a solution for transparency : when you click the app for moving, the background opacity change but when you reload the game opacity came back to the 0 set in the app.

2. You can change rpmscaledivision to 100 in SimpleHUD.ini file located in \SimpleHUD\cfg\ folder, to have two digit. Anyway your 2 zeros tacked idea is great, future update will have this with a number of 0 accorded to the scale division number.

3. this option is in my Todo list with also the possibility to switch between digit and graphic display.

I'm appreciate suggestions and criticisms. ;)

10. As an idea you could make one with shift leds as an alternative design.

11. I'll certainly add a shift led Option, I need to find a good way to implement it for the zoom capability.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Love the app, but with every version it only works the first time i enter a race, after that the rev meter g force meter and fuel meter no longer work and turning them on and off in settings makes no difference.

13. Thanks! The show/hide features is what I was hoping for!

14. xenicle updated SimpleHUD with a new update entry:

Digital G-Meters and more !

15. xenicle updated SimpleHUD with a new update entry:

Shift Leds and Bug fix

16. xenicle updated SimpleHUD with a new update entry:

Zoom inside windows, one color gear label and a fix.