Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on some data filtering algorythms :
Right is original, left is filtered rpms, it remains responsive but does not suffers of the TC spikes or such things. The data will be more readable as a text/gauge/leds or whatever you want and is more closer to a real dashboard.
giphy.gif

That is cool! Any idea when it'll be released?

Hey all, update time!

I have updated my F1 and Porsche dashboards. Mainly tweaking the designs and bug fixing. The main difference is the Porsche one though. I have changed the layout to match the dash of the Porsche on Assetto Corsa a bit more. I have also added in flashing LED's and other flashing warnings.

You'll also find a simple VW WRC dash for Dirt Rally if you so wish. Mostly just gear & speed with some junk dummy junk text thrown in for good measure.
VW WRC 1.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5JZoSh2AvvPaWtERlRKcmtHcTA

If you come to use them and the pictures aren't showing just download the pictures folder and add them to your dash.

P.S. A lotus 98T analogue dash is on it's way soon after bug testing.
Lotus 98T Dash.png

Wotever updated SimHub, DIY Sim racing Dash with a new update entry:

Engine Swap

Hi !
It has been a long time since my last "beta version", but the context justifies it,

Please download it if you wan't to test the future version, I've done as much tests as I could be it could remain some bugs.

It's a real engine swap, the appearance remains the same, but lot of stuffs has been rewritten/tuned
mini_cooper_with_porsche_944_drivetrain_07.jpg

So what's new ?
  • Game support :...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Wotever,your doing a really brilliant work with this app and I, all of us that are we using it we appreciated, but like almost of the guys at the begging with arduino I have a problem...I have in my setup 5 max7219, 1 max7221 matrix led and 32 ws2812b rgb (4 sticks) and with 3 max7219 loaded everything works fine but I load in Templatefiller 4 or 5 max7219 the max7221 matrix takes the place of main display max7219 and not working, amd the simhub app sees every time only 3 loaded...it's all put ed on a mega2560 power up only by usb directly by pc port...maybe, can be a problem with the power, a problem with the board (I have a uno r3 and an nano too), a problem with the sketch?...can you explain to me how I can chain the max7219 on the board?...any help will be granted. ..thanks a lot. ..Best regards.

Hi Wotever,your doing a really brilliant work with this app and I, all of us that are we using it we appreciated, but like almost of the guys at the begging with arduino I have a problem...I have in my setup 5 max7219, 1 max7221 matrix led and 32 ws2812b rgb (4 sticks) and with 3 max7219 loaded everything works fine but I load in Templatefiller 4 or 5 max7219 the max7221 matrix takes the place of main display max7219 and not working, amd the simhub app sees every time only 3 loaded...it's all put ed on a mega2560 power up only by usb directly by pc port...maybe, can be a problem with the power, a problem with the board (I have a uno
i really think that you may be really short on power, 32 rgb LEDs is a lot for usb only. Also on the template filler have you used distinct pins on each device ? The default pins are not unique you have to choose a distinct one for each device.

In order to help you could you add devices one by one until it fails and tell me when it fails ?

i really think that you may be really short on power, 32 rgb LEDs is a lot for usb only. Also on the template filler have you used distinct pins on each device ? The default pins are not unique you have to choose a distinct one for each device.

In order to help you could you add devices one by one until it fails and tell me when it fails ?

You also suggest to power up with an 7v or 9v power supply to?

But why the fourth display clones the main and the fifth clones the second?

But why the fourth display clones the main and the fifth clones the second?
After a little more thinking , could you double check your hardware settings ? the fact that the last is cloning the first may be a simple setup problem whith a wrong number of devices (it already happened in the past).

Just for my understanding, you want :
- 32 RGB LEDS
- 1 max matrix (max 7221)
- 5 max7219
Correct ?

Could you send me your exact sketch as uploaded, and your physical wiring as you did it ? It is important for me in order to understand what goes wrong.

For powering I used a 5v power supply over the vin pin and gnd, and connected all the 5v display to the vin too. I'm not absolutely certain of the validity of the wiring but it worked for me.

Edit : last question, which SimHub version are you running ? the stable one or the latest beta ?

Last edited:
Hi Wotever
Thanks for the update.
A couple of bug reports for the new rF1 plugin.
On the current lap screen for the TM1638, the current lap time shows the following:
For the first minute (00-59 secs) all OK
20170426_171755.jpg

For the second minute (1:00-1:59) the minute digit and the decimal point don't display
20170426_171954.jpg

For the third and subsequent minutes (x.00-x.59) all OK again
20170426_172121.jpg

The compact delta double counts the seconds digit and doesn't display the decimal point for 2 seconds after the 10's of seconds digit increments. Hope that makes sense
20170426_172212.jpg

The screens for FuelRemainingLiters and FuelLapConsumption always show 0

Chris

After a little more thinking , could you double check your hardware settings ? the fact that the last is cloning the first may be a simple setup problem whith a wrong number of devices (it already happened in the past).

Just for my understanding, you want :
- 32 RGB LEDS
- 1 max matrix (max 7221)
- 5 max7219
Correct ?

Could you send me your exact sketch as uploaded, and your physical wiring as you did it ? It is important for me in order to understand what goes wrong.

For powering I used a 5v power supply over the vin pin and gnd, and connected all the 5v display to the vin too. I'm not absolutely certain of the validity of the wiring but it worked for me.

Edit : last question, which SimHub version are you running ? the stable one or the latest beta ?

I use the 5.0.3 version ...I have the max7221 matrix and the 32 rgb leds on the 5v and ground of mega2560 and pin is like the sketch...And the max7219 segment on the 5v and ground of ICSP, the only thing I've changed is the pins, I take the ones of tm1836. ..and everything works fine with 3 max7219 loaded...

And every time I load in Templatefiller 4 or 5 max7219 the simhub app sees only three...

Last edited:
Back again after a bit more testing in Automobilista.
From what I have seen it looks like the data being sent to the dash display itself is wrong. The live preview in the SimHub app is correctly formatted with the correct data.
The LastLap and BestLap screens are a little weird also.
A lap time of 2:28.040 was displayed correctly whereas a lap time of 2:01.001 was displayed as 2.00001

I did a couple of laps with rFactor2 and exactly the same bugs as above and as in my previous post are happening.

I also did a quick test with Assetto Corsa and the same display oddities with timing also occurred but the screens for FuelRemainingLiters and FuelLapConsumption look to working correctly.

The data for all 3 sims tested for tyre temperature is displaying correctly.

Chris

Last edited:
From what I have seen it looks like the data being sent to the dash display itself is wrong. The live preview in the SimHub app is correctly formatted with the correct data.
A lap time of 2:28.040 was displayed correctly whereas a lap time of 2:01.001 was displayed as 2.00001

I did a couple of laps with rFactor2 and exactly the same bugs as above and as in my previous post are happening.

I also did a quick test with Assetto Corsa and the same display oddities with timing also occurred but the screens for FuelRemainingLiters and FuelLapConsumption look to working correctly.

Chris

Thanks for the feedback !
I'll look this evening ;) With this new version I had to remap at least 500 game properties, so I could have made some mistakes :D

Also on RF2 current lap time is interpolated since the plugin does only gives a 10th second accurancy

Last edited:

The data for all 3 sims tested for tyre temperature is displaying correctly.

Chris

I think I got all the bugs ;) Will be fixed in the next beta ;)

Any chance of getting iRacing PitSvFlags value added to the available data? I want to make it easy to see if tires are going to be replaced when I make a pitstop. Then I can map buttons to toggle which tires are replaced.

Any chance of getting iRacing PitSvFlags value added to the available data? I want to make it easy to see if tires are going to be replaced when I make a pitstop. Then I can map buttons to toggle which tires are replaced.
I'll look for it before the beta update ;) I've seen your previous message but i didn't had a chance to look for now :D

Hi Wotever,your doing a really brilliant work with this app and I, all of us that are we using it we appreciated, but like almost of the guys at the begging with arduino I have a problem...I have in my setup 5 max7219, 1 max7221 matrix led and 32 ws2812b rgb (4 sticks) and with 3 max7219 loaded everything works fine but I load in Templatefiller 4 or 5 max7219 the max7221 matrix takes the place of main display max7219 and not working, amd the simhub app sees every time only 3 loaded...it's all put ed on a mega2560 power up only by usb directly by pc port...maybe, can be a problem with the power, a problem with the board (I have a uno r3 and an nano too), a problem with the sketch?...can you explain to me how I can chain the max7219 on the board?...any help will be granted. ..thanks a lot. ..Best regards.

When you tells SimHub only sees 3 it's here :
upload_2017-4-26_19-54-6.png

If so looks like it's a manipulation error, can you tries to setup again the sketch ?
Do not forget to close/reopen arduino IDE between changes otherwise it will not take changes into account.

If still not OK send me the sketch in order to check if all has gone ok in the setup, I don't have enough max modules in stock to test 4-5 simultaneously, but every checks I made looked OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back