Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've introduced a new dash settings tab for next version, i guess it would be a good place to add it :D (Sometimes it's harder to find where to place an option, than actually adding the feature itself :D,

Personnaly i don't like always on top as single choice, it's often annoying, it must remain in my opinion a user choice.
Yes, I agree, for sure not everyone will like it if you make the dashes to stay over all the windows. Maybe you can do the dash remember it's settings, as you did with the size and position of the editor window. I was the one who asked you to add this feature

I've introduced a new dash settings tab for next version, i guess it would be a good place to add it :D (Sometimes it's harder to find where to place an option, than actually adding the feature itself :D,

Personnaly i don't like always on top as single choice, it's often annoying, it must remain in my opinion a user choice.
Wotever... Not sure if you saw on a much earlier post I had an idea that you could associate a LEDs profile with a particular dash, that way you could have different patterns for different cars and it would pick the right one based on the dash loaded instead of having to drag it to the top. Not sure how it would work with multiple dashes/screens/Arduinos though. I guess for the Arduino you could have selection of which Arduino to run on as they should all have different names. These could go in your new dash settings ;)

Obviously not that big a deal, just an idea :)

Hey Wotever

Silly Question

My TM1637 final arrived
can i use it with my I2C 2004 LCD??
since i added the TM1637, nothing shown on my LCD.

do i need to run them on seperate arduinos??
or am i missing something in code?

Hi !
I've seen a little bug about s2 on AC, however the difference between simhub and the game is that Simhub gives time of the sector (s2 only) while AC give a cumulated data (S2 is time for s1 + time for s2)

Thank you for the reply.

However I had already tested the summ of the first two sectors, and it's not the accumulated time that the game shows when I am indeed at the sector two acquisition line. By the way, my dash makes the summ, and the result is still not matching.

I've gotten an example of sketch to show you:
(the sketch below is sequential... I just break to make it easier to understand... the parenthesis doesn't exist's indeed)
R=0; (RPM)
Rmax=8750; (RPM Max)
G=1; (Gear)
F=8; (Fuel)
C=00:00:42.3280000; (Current lap time)
L=00:01:47.2750000; (Last lap time)
B=00:01:47.2750000; (Best lap time)
SI=1; (Sector index)
BS1=00:00:35.2360000; (Best Sector 1 time)
CS1=; (Current Sector 1 time)
BS2=00:00:08.5990000; (Best Sector 2 time)
CS2=; (Current Sector 2 time)
BS3=00:01:03.4400000; (Best Sector 3 time)
CS3=; (Current Sector 3 time)
N=4; (Lap Number)
P=7; (Position)
Z (End of sketch)

If you look at the time of "Best Sector 2" you will see that it's just 8 seconds. Much lower than the time it takes to go trough the sector 1 to sector 2 on the track (Imola with a Porsche GT3)

This sketch was gotten on Project Cars 1 and I assure you that is the same behavior I noted in Assetto Corsa. (the Assetto tooks a little more than 9 seconds between these two sectors).

I hope I have been clear.
If you want my help in any way, just tell me, and I will try.

Wotever... Not sure if you saw on a much earlier post I had an idea that you could associate a LEDs profile with a particular dash, that way you could have different patterns for different cars and it would pick the right one based on the dash loaded instead of having to drag it to the top. Not sure how it would work with multiple dashes/screens/Arduinos though. I guess for the Arduino you could have selection of which Arduino to run on as they should all have different names. These could go in your new dash settings ;)

Obviously not that big a deal, just an idea :)

Yeah it could be possible however it comes lot of questions about how to configure it, It's already something available on arduino you can force a led layout based on the current screen, but there is always only one screen at a time on arduino by definition while dashstudio can be run several times, on browser/tablet/desktop etc ... which would create some conflicts, an arduino it's not really a problem since Simhub aggregates everything is if it was a single big display. However i will look what I can do ;)

Hey Wotever

Silly Question

My TM1637 final arrived
can i use it with my I2C 2004 LCD??
since i added the TM1637, nothing shown on my LCD.

do i need to run them on seperate arduinos??
or am i missing something in code?

It should not be a problem, make sure to review your multi usb settings if it's enabled. Multi usb stores the setup of each modules and if you change it after you need to change/reset it to take the new setup into account. On the other side, LCD is always considered as the last screen of the arduino so you probably have to reorder your content in the screen editor to get what you want.

If it's not enough make sure that each part is working separately (enable tm first in the sketch, try it, do the same with the lcd only, finally both at the same time)

Thank you for the reply.

However I had already tested the summ of the first two sectors, and it's not the accumulated time that the game shows when I am indeed at the sector two acquisition line. By the way, my dash makes the summ, and the result is still not matching.

I've gotten an example of sketch to show you:
(the sketch below is sequential... I just break to make it easier to understand... the parenthesis doesn't exist's indeed)
R=0; (RPM)
Rmax=8750; (RPM Max)
G=1; (Gear)
F=8; (Fuel)
C=00:00:42.3280000; (Current lap time)
L=00:01:47.2750000; (Last lap time)
B=00:01:47.2750000; (Best lap time)
SI=1; (Sector index)
BS1=00:00:35.2360000; (Best Sector 1 time)
CS1=; (Current Sector 1 time)
BS2=00:00:08.5990000; (Best Sector 2 time)
CS2=; (Current Sector 2 time)
BS3=00:01:03.4400000; (Best Sector 3 time)
CS3=; (Current Sector 3 time)
N=4; (Lap Number)
P=7; (Position)
Z (End of sketch)

If you look at the time of "Best Sector 2" you will see that it's just 8 seconds. Much lower than the time it takes to go trough the sector 1 to sector 2 on the track (Imola with a Porsche GT3)

This sketch was gotten on Project Cars 1 and I assure you that is the same behavior I noted in Assetto Corsa. (the Assetto tooks a little more than 9 seconds between these two sectors).

I hope I have been clear.
If you want my help in any way, just tell me, and I will try.

I took a look indeed I had a weird bahaviour too, sector handling is pretty new and it looks like I messed something :D, new release is coming (a biiig one) I will address that with it ;)

Yeah it could be possible however it comes lot of questions about how to configure it, It's already something available on arduino you can force a led layout based on the current screen, but there is always only one screen at a time on arduino by definition while dashstudio can be run several times, on browser/tablet/desktop etc ... which would create some conflicts, an arduino it's not really a problem since Simhub aggregates everything is if it was a single big display. However i will look what I can do ;)
Ah so there can only ever be one LED layout at once... at least that simplifies it (from what I thought) a little. I guess there could be an option to specify the 'primary' display for simhub on which you would base the choice of leds on e.g. 'secondary monitor', 'USB480', 'browser' (which would include phones/tablets), or it could be based on the first one to load (although that could be annoying if the wrong one is started 1st). Obviously there should be an option to ignore it all together (perhaps by default) so it can follow the current behavior (e.g. primary display = 'none' or 'default'). Not sure what would happen if someone was running several monitors though that would be tricky to work out.

As I said no big deal - if it's a lot of effort don't bother - just bouncing an idea around. I only ever run 1 dash at a time, but realise there are people who run more than one. What you've created is so incredibly flexible, it's very cool! :)

It should not be a problem, make sure to review your multi usb settings if it's enabled. Multi usb stores the setup of each modules and if you change it after you need to change/reset it to take the new setup into account. On the other side, LCD is always considered as the last screen of the arduino so you probably have to reorder your content in the screen editor to get what you want.

If it's not enough make sure that each part is working separately (enable tm first in the sketch, try it, do the same with the lcd only, finally both at the same time)
hey Wotever

i will trry it.
Is "multi usb" not a setting for more than one arduino??
thats how i understand it
or does it mean multiple settings per arduino?

thanx again for the help

ps: beta works well , still use shake it seperatly thou

hey Wotever

i will trry it.
Is "multi usb" not a setting for more than one arduino??
thats how i understand it
or does it mean multiple settings per arduino?

thanx again for the help

ps: beta works well , still use shake it seperatly thou

nope. :(

im missing something
tm1637 alone works
lcd alone works
tm1637 and ldc, tm works, lcd blank

also came across another issue ,
i need only speed and gear displayed on tm1637 (ala fanatec wheel)
however, when i press button for next LCD screen/page, the tm then changes to show the next info the lcd id supposed to show

can we setip restrictions
pages only tm will show
and pages only lcd will show

nope. :(

im missing something
tm1637 alone works
lcd alone works
tm1637 and ldc, tm works, lcd blank

also came across another issue ,
i need only speed and gear displayed on tm1637 (ala fanatec wheel)
however, when i press button for next LCD screen/page, the tm then changes to show the next info the lcd id supposed to show

can we setip restrictions
pages only tm will show
and pages only lcd will show

Have you put content on the second module ? Simhub aggregates all the displays as a big dash so you have to put content on the second module (LCD will be the second module) :

upload_2018-1-18_20-37-51.png

Today a screen defines the content of all the modules at the same time there is no way for now to separate them. however if you don't redefine the content of a module SimHub will take the content to the first screen :

Hi mate i have a matrix 7219 i want to make a gear shift indicator thats it. I have wired it up but not sure what sketch to use. I want to use it with Assetto and PC2. Thanks mate. Nub here lol

Hi, thanks for your continuing work making SimHub so great! I've been using an ASUS Memo Pad 7 with SimHub as my display for the dashes through my wifi connection but sometimes my wifi connection is not so good and SimHubs response often gets a little bit lag. Is it possible for me to use SimHub through my Memo Pad if I USB tether it to my computer that SimHub and game is installed on and if you know how I would do it could you perhaps explain it, thanks. Also I have donated and obtained a license for SimHub but it did not make it any faster.

Hi, thanks for your continuing work making SimHub so great! I've been using an ASUS Memo Pad 7 with SimHub as my display for the dashes through my wifi connection but sometimes my wifi connection is not so good and SimHubs response often gets a little bit lag. Is it possible for me to use SimHub through my Memo Pad if I USB tether it to my computer that SimHub and game is installed on and if you know how I would do it could you perhaps explain it, thanks. Also I have donated and obtained a license for SimHub but it did not make it any faster.

Hi !
Sadly the options to "tether" network using USB are disappearing slowly from the devices, one option could be to share your internet connection directly from your computer WiFi, I don't have WiFi on my own computer so I can't test (I only have a wifi router very close) : https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-PC-Internet-to-Mobile-via-WiFi) . However I've really tuned the network protocol and bandwidth should not be a problem (it's intended to be very very light).

However I would investigate a few additional clues before going into the usb networking headaches :

- Make sure your device is not making updates (I use a crappy tablet myself, and each time I power it on it takes 10 to 30 minutes to update installed apps and it's seriously slowing it down), when the updates are finished everything gets back to normal.

- Use chrome on your tablet : chrome is by far the best browser I've tested on android, it runs really smooth. Avoid any integrated browser which could come with your tablet.

- Process priority, if you're using a game like PCARS1/2 on a tight system, it often takes all the CPU and simhub can't "breath", you can change the simhub process priority in the settings :
upload_2018-1-19_22-15-28.png

- Yell at anyone using wifi around :D : P2P, downloads .... everything shares the wifi bandwith. if the wifi is saturated the performances will suffer.

hi again wot, unfortunely simhub, even if i am now on a really light version of rf2 overlay, continue to suck some resources from my hardware, borderless and windowed too (i'm running a 3570k in turbo mode, a r290 tri-x gpu and 12 gb ram) fps are fine, i see 120 at least with high details but there's always some stuttering if i run simhub

i really hope you find the solution to have a lower impact on rf2, even if i split it in various parts substance is still the same, stuttering stuttering and stuttering

it's a pitty cause i like that overlay too much and your job could be a masterpiece

Last edited:
hi again wot, unfortunely simhub, even if i am now on a really light version of rf2 overlay, continue to suck some resources from my hardware, borderless and windowed too (i'm running a 3570k in turbo mode, a r290 tri-x gpu and 12 gb ram) fps are fine, i see 120 at least with high details but there's always som stuttering if i run simhub

i really hope you find the solution to have a lower impact on rf2, even if i split it in various parts substance is still the same, stuttering stuttering and stuttering

it's a pitty cause i like that overlay too much and your job could be a masterpiece

You should take a look at the latest beta available on discord, a no impact overlay would be a lie,
But the problem is not to make it more light but to cut it in smaller parts,the new incoming version manage that far much better.
If you want to give a try to the new beta , do not hesitate to ask me, i've already cut the @FinesseSteez overlay in smaller parts and it runs really fine on my system. I can't diffuse it publicly because it's not my creation but I can share it to you for testing purpose ;)

The new version will embed a lot of new features which enhance a lot performances, but it needs to redesign a bit the dashs to make smaller parts which can be placed separately. I've embedded all the samples necessary.

Hello Wotever!
I've just tried the latest beta. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem of stuttering in overlay mode with RF2. I made small templates from the very beginning. In my case RF2 works smooth, but the dash applications frees for a second or two from time to time especially when I have some AI (6-8). Playing with display latency setup does not help either.
My PC specs: Intel i7 6700K@4,2gHz, 980Ti overclocked, 16gB DDR4.
Could you please check if you could reproduce the issue with my dash attached?
Link: https://yadi.sk/d/bsEv8K2r3ReQLK
Thanks for your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back