Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wothever said :
"And finally ..
It's an hard decision but due to a recent huge abuse of 1cent donators :unsure:, the donations amounts are now restricted to a predefined list (Starting from 3 €). It will answer the most frequent question about the donation amount, and ensure it's fair for real contributors and the developer (me)."

Shame on those who offer only one cent for this program!

Last edited:
Hi Wotever,
I use this wonderful program since version 4 ... and as I only use it for the rally, my dashboard is quite simple: 1 TM1638, 16 leds ws2812, and 1 8x8 MAX7219.
I only wanted to change the display of LEDs so that it lights up towards the center and not from left to right. But now, the gear ratio shown on the MAX7219 has rotated 90 degrees to the right ??:O_o:
And when I get back to my old LED display, the gear ratio shown on the MATRIX stays at 90 degrees.
I do not know what I could change without realizing it!:cry:
I can not find it, I do not think so. So an idea before I disassemble everything?
Thanks

Salut Wotever,
J'utilise ce merveilleux programme depuis la version 4... et comme je ne l'utilise que pour le rallye, mon dashboard est assez simple : 1 TM1638, 16 leds ws2812 , et 1 8x8 MAX7219.
J'ai voulu seulement changer l'affichage des leds pour qu'elle s'allume vers le centre et non plus de gauche à droite. Mais maintenant, le rapport de vitesse indiqué sur le MAX7219 a pivoté de 90 degrés vers la droite ??
Et quand je reviens à mon ancien affichage des leds, le rapport de vitesse indiqué sur le MATRIX reste à 90 degrés.
Je ne sais pas ce que j'ai pu modifier sans m'en rendre compte !!
j'ai beau chercher, je trouve pas. Alors une idée avant que je démonte tout ?
Merci

Hi Wotever,
I use this wonderful program since version 4 ... and as I only use it for the rally, my dashboard is quite simple: 1 TM1638, 16 leds ws2812, and 1 8x8 MAX7219.
I only wanted to change the display of LEDs so that it lights up towards the center and not from left to right. But now, the gear ratio shown on the MAX7219 has rotated 90 degrees to the right ??:O_o:
And when I get back to my old LED display, the gear ratio shown on the MATRIX stays at 90 degrees.
I can not find it, I do not think so. So an idea before I disassemble everything?
Thanks

Salut Wotever,
J'utilise ce merveilleux programme depuis la version 4... et comme je ne l'utilise que pour le rallye, mon dashboard est assez simple : 1 TM1638, 16 leds ws2812 , et 1 8x8 MAX7219.
J'ai voulu seulement changer l'affichage des leds pour qu'elle s'allume vers le centre et non plus de gauche à droite. Mais maintenant, le rapport de vitesse indiqué sur le MAX7219 a pivoté de 90 degrés vers la droite ??
Et quand je reviens à mon ancien affichage des leds, le rapport de vitesse indiqué sur le MATRIX reste à 90 degrés.
Merci

Of course, look into the settings :
Bien entendu, c'est par ici :
upload_2017-11-24_16-13-41.png

Hi,
It was a wise decision to raise the minimum donation. Shame on those 1 cent people.
It's easily worth more than the raised minimum. (3 euros are more like a "black friday" price :)

A few days ago I had a question about "rotary switches", it turned out they are not supported.
I use a potentiometer for a selector switch between screens on the display. Much can be done in the arduino code, so I added some lines that now allow me to use the pot as a rotary switch. The greatest part is that it uses only one analog pin on the arduino and can be assigned to even 8 buttons.
My display setup is still not finished, but the buttons now do appear in the SimHub controls panel.
I'm not a programmer, so I was proud I could make it work. In case anyone is interested, here is the code.
It might get supported officially one day. Who knows. ;)

Attachments

• arduino_pot_rotary_switch.ino.txt
    3 KB · Views: 316
Hi
Realy great App,works my
PRO-RACE SLI Display also with
SimHub,when not is it planned in
the Future.Thanks

Hi ! Sadly these are not open hardware as far as I know, and I try to target cheaper hardware for DIY lovers, the prorace sli price tag is sadly above this constraint.

Hi,
It was a wise decision to raise the minimum donation. Shame on those 1 cent people.
It's easily worth more than the raised minimum. (3 euros are more like a "black friday" price :)

A few days ago I had a question about "rotary switches", it turned out they are not supported.
I use a potentiometer for a selector switch between screens on the display. Much can be done in the arduino code, so I added some lines that now allow me to use the pot as a rotary switch. The greatest part is that it uses only one analog pin on the arduino and can be assigned to even 8 buttons.
My display setup is still not finished, but the buttons now do appear in the SimHub controls panel.
I'm not a programmer, so I was proud I could make it work. In case anyone is interested, here is the code.
It might get supported officially one day. Who knows. ;)

Nice :D Do you have a trick to simulate "clicky positions" ?

Edit : For the 1cent licenses, I can't blame them, it was intentionally open and I accepted it. But with the mass of 1cent donation coming the last days (after a long time of perfectly fair peoples), I had to reconsider it. My main purpose in simhub is to give access to fun and cheap DIY HUD tools without the "sim tax", and a minimum amount was not really in my philosophy.

Last edited:
Nice :D Do you have a trick to simulate "clicky positions" ?
Actually, I'm using a car's heater blower fan control knob with 4 positions and added a resistor ladder to emulate a variable resistance. Or any rotary switch with a resistor ladder will do the trick. Or you could use the notches of any cheap potentiometer with a plastic tab to make it clicky. :)

Hi Wotever,
Thanks

Salut Wotever,
Merci

Hold on, someone reported the bug too, looks like i'm guilty, give me a one hour or so to solve this :D

Wotever updated SimHub, DIY Sim racing Dash with a new update entry:

6.1.3 - Fixes

Hi !

Sadly a few typos were present in this night release :
- Fixed MAX7221 matrix not rotated
- Fixed sketch setup tool
- Finally understood and fixed the arduino scan not stopping when multiple usb was enabled and arduino features disabled (used on sketch upload for instance)
- Made unselectable the web dash button labels to avoid touch problems

Have fun !

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just checking with the last update mentioning Shakeit, is it time to get Simhub yet to replace my shakeit install? I have been waiting to do a dual Arduino setup with another 2-4 motors :D.. Will the shakeit thread be updated when it is time to change over?

Just checking with the last update mentioning Shakeit, is it time to get Simhub yet to replace my shakeit install? I have been waiting to do a dual Arduino setup with another 2-4 motors :D.. Will the shakeit thread be updated when it is time to change over?
Yeah for sure when it will be time i will notify everyone , for now it's at beta state, but the new architecture already support multiple arduinos with motors (not tested yet) sadly a few things are lacking in the Simhub version like import/export, not supported effects per game indication (even if i added wheel lock/grip loss on rf1/2/ams) and per games settings I promised for the SimHub integration.
But I use it everyday at it works damn well :D

Hi

Ive been using rf2 overlay with vsync enabled but the graphics seems a bit delayed and laggy. Is there a way to make em smoother? For example its kinda distracting that the hud cant keep up when i down shift going into a corner. Other then that i love it. I have the donator verison.

Hi

Ive been using rf2 overlay with vsync enabled but the graphics seems a bit delayed and laggy. Is there a way to make em smoother? For example its kinda distracting that the hud cant keep up when i down shift going into a corner. Other then that i love it. I have the donator verison.
Hi,
The overlays are intended to be small overlays placed on the screen, the overlay you're talking about is using full screen mode, and is really stressful for the system and can't work in any situations (despiste being a fabulous and detailed work). In order to work correctly it should be splitted in multiple smaller overlays, (one for the hud, one for the leaderboard ... ) it would allow easy scaling and placement for everyone and it would be far less stressful for the system and run much faster. but it's something to ask to the author.

Hi,
I'm setting up my additional buttons for screens and I have some problem with it.
There is a MAX7219 7segment screen that I want to change the screens of with the buttons.
I can trigger the action in mapping picker, the buttons also get selected as I push them.
The problem is, I can't make the screens change when pressing the buttons.
I tried to map with 'DisplayFor1s_" actions, those work fine, but I want the screens to stay until changed to another.
What am I missing?

Attachments

• buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 203
  • mapping.JPG
    mapping.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 257
  • syslog.JPG
    syslog.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 198
Hello

does anyone use simtools and simhub at the same time?

I get to work Porjet Car with port 5607 modified in SimHubWPF.exe.config by keeping port 5606 for simtools

it works perfectly

the same confing does not work with f1 2017:thumbsdown:

but if i do run f1 2017 (port 5606) with simhub (port 5606) but without simtools it's good

simtools uses port 5606 and can not be changed and must work with f1 2017 port 5606

Do you have a solution ?

thank you in advance for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%