SimCity 5

Read on a dutch newsblog that EA is going to make an educational version of the new SimCity for use in schools. Very nice.

Lesson 1: "How a tornado destroys a city" :D

Seriously, it is very nice. Most live in cities, but have no idea how the things are going on municipitally. Actually they should use more video games in education, should'nt they?

I played the Tutorial last night, really like it so far, graphics are quite impressive, it feels more like The Sims than SimCity though, one dislike so far is the silly language the people speak in The Sims, why not English, even no speech at all would be better.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/faq keep an eye on there, they're not accepting anyone else on the closed Beta but I would imagine there will be another opportunity before the game comes out in March.

If you haven't played any of the previous SimCity games give SC4 a go, it's only £10 on Steam.

On the subject of the new SC, who is going to be buying the Digital Deluxe Version at a whopping £64?, I couldn't justify that to myself let alone explain it to the Wife :cautious::whistling:

I just read about this game yesterday. Will buy it for sure. Loved Sim City 4. This new game should be a lot of fun, especially together with friends. My job is basically Sim City but in the real world, so I have the pressure to not fail any mission in the game :)

Too bad the cities looks very small.

I changed my mind; I'm not going to boycott EA anymore, because they have dropped most of the spyware features of Origin and I read their Agreement stating that I and EA forego filing lawsuits against one another.

Though, Origin has very expensive games and I may as well buy the hard copies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%