SimBin Studios Makes a Shock Return!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SimBin Returns.png

The legendary SimBin Studios name is to make a shock comeback to sim racing, with industry veteran and former Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe and Route 1 Games producer Allan Speed taking the reigns of the new UK based concern, in collaboration with Sector3 Studios.

SimBin, responsible for such classics as GTR2 and the RACE series of sim titles, sadly closed its doors back in 2014, only to find many of its former employees find a new home as Sector3 Studios, and continue development on the last SimBin product, RaceRoom Racing Experience. The "new" studio will be based in the North West of England (yes, I'll be asking for a site visit) and will be focused of developing "cross platform titles for the current and next gen platforms, primarily in the racing genre".

"We are extremely excited to announce the collaboration with newly formed SimBin Studios UK being headed up by Allan, his industry knowledge and talent network will provide the perfect spring board for our future strategy and let’s not forget the revival of the Simbin name which has a long, rich and successful heritage in delivering some of the best racing titles to date" said Chris Speed, CEO of Sector3 Studios.

With an enviable heritage in racing simulations and a positive track record with community engagement, it will be highly exciting to see what the future holds for the company, and how the announcement will effect the desire for RaceRoom Racing Experience to continue with licencing the WTCC series, an historically well embedded associate of SimBin.

Coming alongside the announcement is news that SimBin will be partnering up with Mathias Lauda "to provide his expertise, insight and support for their up and coming racing projects".

Son of three-time Formula One world champion Niki Lauda, Mathias is perhaps best known for his time in the German DTM series and more recently driving an Aston Martin in the FIA World Endurance Championship.

More news to follow....

Excited? Do you think SimBin can regain its former glory? What do you hope from the new studio? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
ISi did not left rF1 engine to Reiza, they still own it and have the rights of it
Actually ISI move to let rF2 go was pretty smart. You know when you do something and after it is done you imagine how much better and easier you could have made it? Pretty sure this is ISI before letting rF2 go

I know mate, edited the post to be more precise, mine was just a game...:p

Is this really all that surprising? :O_o:

Do people completely forget history or something? RaceRoom started out as a game by SimBin... KW/RaceRoom were associated with the game from its inception. There are even RaceRoom banners in Race 07!

It is known that KW/RaceRoom own RaceRoom Racing experience, so they were clearly highly involved with SimBin.

How is it any stretch that KW/RR is associated with a re-introduced SimBin now?

You dont need to dig into business licenses on a government website to make this connection...

All I did was to supply a link to solid factual information ;),
Sorry to offend you with facts over assumptions :O_o:,I'll try not to do it again :(.

Just gonna jump on board Daves crazy train and remind everyone that Ian Bell just couldn't stop talking about "the next GTR3" in his PRC interview, clearly this mean the re assimilation of SMS into Simbin to work on what they should've been working on all along, choo choo.

... Why yes I'm on my first coffee and slightly bored.

Just gonna jump on board Daves crazy train and remind everyone that Ian Bell just couldn't stop talking about "the next GTR3" in his PRC interview, clearly this mean the re assimilation of SMS into Simbin to work on what they should've been working on all along.....

.....which as we all know, is NFS Shift 3.

Ok more difficult now...

I have a company...
I close it...
I rebrand it...
I re-open it...
I am still selling a racing sim...
I open a new one with the name of the old one...
both will sell the same product (racing sim)...
I am working with the son of Lauda...
Lauda's son (Mathias) was working with Ian Bell for PC...
Ian Bell was from simbim...
Ian Bell moves to Singapore for work...
Lauda's son (Mathias) has a videogame company on Singapore...
Lauda's son (Mathias) was a DTM driver (now a WEC one)...
my games are based on DTM and GT cars...
Lauda's son (Michael) is a Vita4One driver on Blacpain GT3...
Vita4One is a team sponsored by KW...
KW is involved with me (Sector3) and with SimBim...
all the titles we produced were based on ISI engine...
ISI licensed rF1 engine to Reiza...
ISI licensed rF2 engine to Studio 397...
ISI is working at new racing sim wich will not be the new rF...
ISI announced new deal with Studio 397 just before SimBim reborn...
what the hell I am doing?

Ok I am pushing it hard, but you should admit is a good mind game...are we in the golden age of sim racing?
You missed one. :D
KW is also on the board of directors for Endor AG (the guys who make the Fanatec brand)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back