SimBin: New Community Conversion Guidelines

Good news i say.
If the one that makes a MOD WANTS to put his team work in SIMBIN or ISI or KS SIM Games,its free to do so as long as the MOD is not a conversion.Thats all i wanted to hear.No more crazy,ugly,stupid and poor conversions.
This will rise the standard again and push the modders to make good quality MODs

because people who run for example rFactor are using tracks/cars from Race07 then in theory Simbin have lost a sale of Race07, pretty obvious really and i am in total agreement that it needs to stop

Yes, I had the same simplistic opinion as you until I actually gave it some proper thought, hence publically asking my question.
Dont get me wrong Im towing the same political line as everyone here regarding fundamentally stealing somebody elses work and porting it elsewhere is not cool - but in terms of real commercial/financial impact to the house who originally developed the stolen content. Apart from the investment lost in the development process (which is technically 'modding' a real car or track into digital form under licence).
Im no more likely to go and drive at Castle Combe in real life than ISI would include it in their release.
Would I buy a game purely because it had Castle Combe as content? No I wouldnt. Would i keep playing a game i didnt like (and paid for) just because it included Castle Combe? No i wouldnt.
Would I like it if Castle Combe happened to be modded into my game of choice? Yes I probably would.
I think the likes of ISI/Simbin for example bounce off of each others content and the modders are basically bridging the gap to suit all tastes. The way they do it is wrong no doubt, but I am still not convinced it affects sales revenue which was why I genuinely was interested in opinion.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%