1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simbin is now Sector 3 Studios!

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Frank Lehmann, Sep 10, 2014.

• Like Like x 12
  1. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Excellent news.
  3. museumsteve

Premium Member

Very exciting news :)
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Quite a good name for them too :)
  5. what's the story behind the name?
  6. "Sector" is an alias for "GTR"

• Haha Haha x 4
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I don't know, but race tracks are usually split up into 3 sectors (for timing). So 'Sector 3' seems to be a reasonable name :)
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

Coolio, I approve of the new name! :)
    Any news on the relocation of office? I see they still brand themselves as being a "Swedish PC game developer", moving to Stockholm by any chance? :)
  9. So nobody else is going to comment about that screenshot showing the 2013 BES McLaren? OK, well it got me excited as I've been hoping to see the BSS/BES licenses (most cars and tracks have already been made).

Sorry, my main reason to write was to congratulate the guys on the new studio, looking forward to hearing more about the future.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  10. Sorry, I don't really get this post. The GTR-3 class has been in R3E since it's open beta. It includes the BMW Alpina B6, Audi R8 LMS Ultra, BMW Z4 GT3, Chevrolet Camaro GT3 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3. All cars are available since... I guess beginning of 2013.
  11. They still confusing community.
  12. Thanks for clarifying that for me swordfish, my bad: I didn't realise that was the class name the GT3 cars were given! Knew there must be a simple explanation. Will edit my post accordingly.
  13. I guess it happened due to licensing reasons (perhaps the GT Series is a trademark by the FIA).
    There are 4 GTR-? classes:
    - GTR 1 (contains the Ford GT GT1 and the Saleen S7 if I'm not mistaken)
    - GTR 2 (Corvette C6.R GT2, BMW M3 GT2, RUF RT12R)
    - GTR 3 (BMW Alpina B6, Audi R8 LMS Ultra, BMW Z4 GT3, Chevrolet Camaro GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
    - GTR X (Gumpert Apollo, P4/5 Competizione, RUF CTR, Koenigsegg CCGT, Pagani Zonda R)
  14. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Hope they won't get a law suit about this name of a small Music production Company, already name exactly the same :)
  15. - GTR 3 (BMW Alpina B6, Audi R8 LMS Ultra, BMW Z4 GT3, Chevrolet Camaro GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3) + Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
  16. No, different line of business
  17. AFTER the update ;) But before the downtime it was only those 5 :D
  18. In addition to that being a Blancpain Endurance McLaren, pretty sure the Mercedes is also a VLN version, rather that the GT Masters livery...

OK, I'm going to stop staring now.
  19. Wait, no stand alone nissan gt3? what the hell man?