SimBin: 'Don't worry about bankruptcy rumours'

ref_feat1.jpg

Various websites have posted news regarding potential bankruptcy of SimBin Studios AB, here's a little substantiated clarification.

RaceDepartment understands that the current SimBin Studios AB company is undergoing a large restructuring. Current projects, such as R3E, are expected to be continued under the new banner of the new studio.

It is understood that there have been a handful of job losses at SimBin, however the majority of the development team is expected to remain at the 'new' studio. We'd like to wish those who have lost their jobs all the best in finding a new position.

We're confident that the information we're providing to you is up-to-date and correct, and is not based on speculation from social media.

SimBin's own @Jay Ekkel said, on RaceDepartment's forums:

Ill keep it short and sweet for now.

New Studio, new (tbd) name, new location, (almost) the same team. And most importantly we will continue the development of the project(s).

More (good) news will follow soon (tm) ;)

Don't worry about it, services and development will continue as planned.

There's nothing to worry about in regards to support of current games, or the release of future games. Content that has already been purchased will still function as normal.
Image: SimBin Studios AB

Last edited:
On the subject of animated pitstops, GT Legends had a crew chief who waved you out of the garage and stood in front of the car during the pitstop. Not as much work as a full animated pitstop but enough to add a bit of life and atmosphere to the game. I'm sure there are technical issues I'm not aware of but it seems a shame that the animations in GTL or even GTR2 cannot be re-used.

Well this is an interesting thread! I like the game, am waiting for the future improvements, and still have plenty of VRP sitting there; but I just really want to say Thank You! to Jay for engaging!!
Really Top Notch of you and I for one (as noted, there are plenty of others) thank you and hope that you have a great summer regardless of all this turmoil. Games can wait, but I really appreciate people who go way above to do their job and more.

I totally agree it is optimistic, however I'm already on this horse so I might as well enjoy the ride. I'll enjoy driving around in circles for now and spend my time racing in other games. Not happy about this either, but life is full of little disappointments. So I'm not holding my breath but not beating myself over the head either.

Where we at with this then Jay?
Dont want to seem rude but its as if you believe that all of this is like instant soup , "boil the kettle and 3 minutes later its ready"

Jay has been really busy trying to explain his take on what is happening and giving answers when he can to the best of his ability.... but remember

Simbin was on holiday
restructuring is taking place
some staff are no longer there

So give them some time .......

from my end .. i know that they are back at work , and yhe guys that rest are as busy as they can be and hopefully when the dust settles more info will be available ...

But it is a waiting game ; no instant solutions

Andi

Yeah you didn't respond the my question asking which two you favoured, but fair enough if you don't want to answer that.

So:

Features to be included in DTM:E 2014:
Pit Stops
Tyre Temps
Selectable Tyre Compounds

If all three of the above are including in the initial release of DTM:E 2014 I will give away 500vRP (by Competition) to a RD Member.

If any two of the above are included then both Myself AND Jay will give away 500vRP (by Competition) to a RD Member.

If One or None of the above is included then Jay will give away 500vRP (by Competition) to a RD Member.

I'll even buy my 500vRP now cos believe it or not I do actually have faith in SimBin(New Name) ;)

Just because I like seeing vRP's being given away to people, I have just deleted crucial source code for one of the three features listed, hoping it will delay it enough.

I should visit here more often, what are you guys doing with poor Jay :D
Well, Jay's a great guy! We've pretty much taken him over and are now in control of the new/old Simbin company. Did you get the memo? Oh, you've been replaced also... I guess you didn't get that one either?:roflmao:

Last edited:
more than year of hotlaping, poor quality ffb and poorly informative, buy able content in....beta version of the game-nonsens for me. No animation in menu, no even some music tracks. Then, considering get real setting of car. How can you guys miss such important parameter like tire pressure??? Wheres steering lock for each car separately??? Why we cant turn on or off the abs function, like it does in assetto corsa, its very useful thing for those who want to start apply skill in get real mode? Imo, physics engine in game very strange, all the cars has understeering effect and big inertia, not informatable brakes, strange effect from rear wing, when adjusted higher or lower settings. When you guys gonna fix this not acceptable things for good simulator, like you advertise it?

I've had this particular Q&A SimBin gave a while ago nagging at the back of my mind in reading all this: Particularly, these responses to the question "How would you say the hardcore-simracers will experience this game?" -->

A simracer to me is a player that loves real racing and racing games. Playing racing games is their hobby and the approach to the racing games they play, is one of dedication and determination to improve their race-craft.

How one player experiences full immersion should have nothing to do with how hardcore they are allowed to think of themselves.
RaceRoom Racing Experience will in some way or another fit most of the players out there. We are aware that it will not fit all the players, and we know that some might label it as less hardcore than other racing games.

Simmers know that this is politically correct, round-about language and what it really means is the general direction of the game will be less sim, more mass market appeal, what people call 'simcade'.

I honestly don't mean to raise any negativity here but, with the comments from SimBin, I'm getting the uneasy feeling the people in this thread are being given answers they interpret one way but SimBin means in a different way.

So, has the direction of the game changed since that Q&A was given?

• Mikko Lashay

I even felt a little uncomfortable reading this thread and @Jeff Lasecki took the words right out of my mouth. But all comments are useful and that's how (classy) devs look at it I guess :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back