1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sim-Vibe + USB Soundcard + Laptop

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Gary Jibb, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Hello, and Merry Christmas.
    I've been obsessing over trying to figure out how to run sim-vibe on my laptop. Like usual I starting thinking about the most elaborate way possible before thinking "hey, just get a usb soundcard".
    Does anyone know if:
    A) Am I capable of running a usb soundcard without making it the dedicated card (ie, run the 2 at once with separate feeds)
    B) does the Sim-Vibe software need to be fed in 5.1. More specifically, does the soundcard need a subwoofer out or does it just run through the regular left right into the amp. I can easily split a 3.5mm headphone jack to left right RCA type connectors, that's how I have it now.
    C) is Sim-Vibe worth the $80 + a usb soundcard + the $100 it costs me to get another aura bass shaker to Canada, since I really like having 1 and parts express decided to send me another Dayton Audio amp when I said mine was getting hot, therefore having an open spot to put another shaker under my pedals. (That's one long sentence)

Any help is appreciated.
    Gary