Sim rig search

2pfspiff

Xbox- SpiffPF2 PS4- Spiff2PF
Ok I know this is like asking a very broad question so here it goes. I am looking at purchasing a sim rig in a couple of months and was looking for some ideas and input as to which one to get. I am looking to spend no more than about $900. I have looked through the list of sim rig manufactures and I have seen what most of them have to offer. I am also not scared of building my own, but some guidance or even a set of plans would be nice.
I would also prefer this rig to be all gaming friendly since I play shooters as well and I am limited on space. I play on PS4 and Xbox One (building a PC in the next few months)

Or the Obutto Ozone/Revolution. They have been designed to be universal and I'm a very happy owner of one. Can be used for driving, flight sims, generic gaming and as a workstation equally well. ;)

Upvote 0
Or the Obutto Ozone/Revolution. They have been designed to be universal and I'm a very happy owner of one. Can be used for driving, flight sims, generic gaming and as a workstation equally well. ;)
The Obutto was at the top of the list. Seems to offer the most bang for the buck. Is the seat comfortable and how is the seat height to the steering wheel to the monitor? On some of the videos I saw the seat looks a little low.

Upvote 0
The Obutto was at the top of the list. Seems to offer the most bang for the buck. Is the seat comfortable and how is the seat height to the steering wheel to the monitor? On some of the videos I saw the seat looks a little low.
The seat is pretty comfortable, as much as a racing seat can be. It wraps you around, but has a nice padding, can be moved back and forth and the angle of the backrest is adjustable as well, just like a regular car seat.
The Ozone (which I have) is an older and simpler design, you do sit a bit low, but it's only a minor issue when getting in and out of it (the latter you rarely want :D). The wheel height is adjustable, with the elevation also bringing it closer (when higher) or further (when lower). Pedal plate angle can be set to 3 positions, shifter mount distance, height, angle and side can be customized, and you get a basic pivoting keyboard/mouse tray with a mousepad like surface. I highly suggest ordering the new version of this, as this is the only part where you have to make a compromise due to the simple design of the original, but nothing you can't live with.
The cockpit comes with an integrated VESA monitor mount that has three height positions, but can be removed if you want to keep it on a desk and slide the whole thing under it. Lowest setting puts the screen behind the wheel, where the highest can clear it, so you can use for generic purposes without an obstruction.

Here's how it looks:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/show-your-cockpit.19/page-144#post-2246495
(note: my head is higher than the angle I shot the in-car views from, but it looked cooler this way :))

If you have the budget for the Revolution, I would suggest to aim for that though. Seat is a bit higher, wheel mount adjustability is better, has built in cable management, and a bunch of cool options that weren't possible with the Ozone. ;)

Upvote 0
The seat is pretty comfortable, as much as a racing seat can be. It wraps you around, but has a nice padding, can be moved back and forth and the angle of the backrest is adjustable as well, just like a regular car seat.
The Ozone (which I have) is an older and simpler design, you do sit a bit low, but it's only a minor issue when getting in and out of it (the latter you rarely want :D). The wheel height is adjustable, with the elevation also bringing it closer (when higher) or further (when lower). Pedal plate angle can be set to 3 positions, shifter mount distance, height, angle and side can be customized, and you get a basic pivoting keyboard/mouse tray with a mousepad like surface. I highly suggest ordering the new version of this, as this is the only part where you have to make a compromise due to the simple design of the original, but nothing you can't live with.
The cockpit comes with an integrated VESA monitor mount that has three height positions, but can be removed if you want to keep it on a desk and slide the whole thing under it. Lowest setting puts the screen behind the wheel, where the highest can clear it, so you can use for generic purposes without an obstruction.

Here's how it looks:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/show-your-cockpit.19/page-144#post-2246495
(note: my head is higher than the angle I shot the in-car views from, but it looked cooler this way :))

If you have the budget for the Revolution, I would suggest to aim for that though. Seat is a bit higher, wheel mount adjustability is better, has built in cable management, and a bunch of cool options that weren't possible with the Ozone. ;)
Thanks for the write up. I am aiming for the revolution. I am hoping that the wife gets it for me for Fathers day. I highly doubt it though. It's ok for me to spend $600 + on conversation patio furniture for Mothers day, but heavens forbid if she buys something for me around the same price range. :O_o::mad:

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years