1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sim Racing Resource Manager Released

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bram, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Sim Racing Resource Manager Released

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  2. mystaaRS

mystaaRS
    If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace

This seems interesting.

My suggestions for older games would be F1 Challenge 99-02 and GP4.
    They have many mods and are worthy of a section.

3. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

-deleted-

4. Bram

Bram

How large is it?

5. good initiative.

6. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Indeed good initiative.

GSC should be up there to I think, they use your forum as there communication channel, and I would not know where to get Reiza skins etc anywhere else. Just my thought:)

Thank you

7. Sounds like a step forward but what does " an paid add-on for our forum software" actually mean? Who pays & how?

8. Bram

Bram

I knew that question would come the minute i posted the article lol.

We've paid for the resource manager with the donations coming from our small but awesome group of premium members. All donations go towards server rental, maintenance and software costs (forum and add-on licenses, domain registrations etc).

9. Bram

Bram

Game Stock Car 2012 section added!

10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I'd like to see a GT Legends section here - it's older, but it's an ongoing and active part of RD.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'm with Stuart for the GTL section and i would also like a Race 07 section too i think it can be very usefull too. thanks for the hard work guy's well appreciate :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Nice you put GSC up there, i will look tomorrow if I have some files for it on my external harddrive to share.

13. Bram

Bram

GTL and RACE 07 added as legacy titles too. Any more larger sims you guys would like to see covered?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Bram, Wanted to upload some old GSC skins, but the only option I saw was the url for the file sharing networks. I saw with Rfactor 2 it works, with GSC(skins) it does not give me the option to upload, only the URL.

15. Bram

Bram

Jep, for now legacy titles will have that feature only. As disc space is of course limited and older titles get less traffic than newer titles.

I've created an account for myself on Mega.co.nz for the GSC tracks and it works fantastic tbh. I recommend everybody to try it.

16. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

ok Bram clear, thnx, I will try your link!

17. I think it could use a couple of improvements. First off, I think resources is a bad name. Surely downloads or even just mods is a much clearer description. Second, why take out the link to the downloads section from the f1 2012 mods subforum (and I'm guessing this was also done for the other games' mod subfora)? I know there's a link in the main forum but I don't see why another link could hurt. And third, I think adding small previews of files would be a good idea. Currently all you can see is the avatar of the person who uploaded the file, I think replacing that with a preview is much better.

Overall I think it's good that you guys are trying to innovate but honestly I don't really see what this does better than the old system, and I think this update makes it much harder for people, especially those new to the site, to find mods they like.

18. Bram

Bram

ad 1: its called resources as over time it will cover more than just "downloads". Also guides and other features will be added.

ad 2: the old downloads manager will be removed over time and people should reupload their work in order for it to be preserved until .. forever

The biggest changes are mostly in the backend. The old downloads mod was basically just that, a mod. This is compatible software that is feature rich and has a great set of feutures to administrate it for both us as the users who upload files. Updates can be done quickly, ratings and reviews can be given and there is more to come :)

19. Petar Tasev

Petar Tasev
    Ryder25

How come the Add Resource button disappears when you click to view one of the categories? It only works on the main page of the resources.

20. Bram

Bram

Its designed that way. We have the maincategories disabled from posting resourcers and only opened the subcategories for files a resources.

Both the root as the subcategories have a "add resource" button