Sim Racing Questionnaire! Please Help!

Please can some of you complete this questionnaire to help with a current project I am doing :)

1. Do you think sim racing helps you for when you race in real life? (or if it would help you)
2. Do you think sim racing is a true representation of its real life counterpart?
3. What makes sim racing so appealing to you?
4. What do you think makes sim racing so different from other simulators?
5. Why do you participate in sim racing leagues?
6. How and why did you start sim racing?
7. How much time and effort do you put into sim racing?
8. How important is immersion to you?
9. How do you define sim racing realism?

Please can some of you complete this questionnaire to help with a current project I am doing :)

1. Do you think sim racing helps you for when you race in real life? (or if it would help you)
2. Do you think sim racing is a true representation of its real life counterpart?

1) It teaches me how to truly drive a car the way it was meant.
2) Not really. In real life, there are more things to tinker with.
3) It's awesome to simulate racecars, especially F1.
4) I see little difference in terms of application.
5) To have fun.
6) To relive the kid in me.
7) I do it 3-4 times a week.
8) Very important
9) Having a sense of control and environment.

Nice, I like this kind of questionnaires, it's interesting to read other answers

Yes, I've never raced but for driving in general I think it's helped me, I didn't drive as well as I do now when I didn't sim race

No, I think the most important aspect of it (the physics) in some sims has many nice parts close to the real thing, but there are also many aspects of racing that aren't simulated (like feeling the G forces)

The idea of racing with much less money than it would require to race a real racecar.

The close competition and driving cars and not planes or trains, etc. I find driving cars very exciting and funnier than flying planes for example.

Because I like to compete with and learn from some other serious simracers

I started sim racing because my dad bought Gran Turismo 4 when it came out and we played it togheter a lot, later I got into other sims and leagues.

If I'm preparing for an event, depending on how much time is left to prepare ussually between 3-5 hours a day when the event is close. And I drive for fun or to improve setups almost everyday between 1-2 hours.

Very, it's nice to feel that you are driving a real car

Getting as close as possible to the real thing.

Good luck with your project :thumbsup:

I think it may be helpfull because it may give a basic understanding of how it works

i think it is a good representation of real life racing, but it can't be an exact representation, there will always be some things you can't simulate (G-forces for example)

The ability of racing with other people without having to spend as much money as i would have to be able to do it with real cars

For me it is diferent from other simulators because it simulates what i would like to do in real life

For the challenge of racing with other players.

i started sim racing when i saw rfactor for sale at a store, i bought it and on the manual it had a link for rfactorcentral, i was curious to see what it was all about and i went there, some time after i found on a mod's description a link to a league and i went there and i started sim racing in that league

I put as much effort and time as possible, i like to practice at least 1 hour per day for league or club events, but if i have the time i like to practice more than 1 hour

For me immersion is the most important aspect of sim racing (aswell as fysics), if the game has a good immersion i will want to play it for a lot more time.

In terms of physics and can't give my opinion because i never drove a racing car, but for what i read in the web it is a good representation. In the aspect of immersion i think that there are some things that can be a lot better.

I hope i could help you :)

1. To a person that races yes, for me no because i don't race in real life. Well, street drag racing doesn't count:roflmao:

2. No, there are other factors that come into play in real racing.

3. I get to drive real race series cars, come on how awesome is that!

4. SPEED!, tracks from around the world doesn't get any better than that.

5. I wish i could but girlfriend and her kiddo comes first.

6. I started off with Gran Turismo, Toca, Forza, then two years ago I came across Race/GTR Evo and been hooked since. I still like the console sims, just haven't got around to replacing my broken PS3/360.

7. I spend about four hours a week on public servers or sometimes my friend comes over and races me via LAN. It's great having two computers running Race/Evo, rFactor, GT Legends :thumbsup: GTR2 is next.

8. As long as i'm not using a controller and a 15 inch 4:3 screen, i'm happy.

9. It is as close and real as it will be for me to be able to drive Shane Van Gisbergen's V8 Supercar:D

Well, I had to do a 2000 word report and some sort of presentation. I completed my report before Christmas and finished preparing my presentation + loads of 'background' work by Feb. For the last month, I've just been waiting patiently to actually do my presentation... 'cause of Surname Alphabetical order and all that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back