Sim racing/Programming/Photography rig build

Hello fellow SimRacers/Programmers/Photographers and alike,

Looking for some help in compiling a build sheet for the above mentioned project. I need information on what makes a good build for all of the above. Im unsure of what is required for the programming build, but I've been told that it will be used to run models which are very RAM/memory intensive and not so much cpu taxing.

Im not a noob when it comes to pc building, every computer I've had has been made by me. I'd just like to know from the amateur/hobbyist/professionals in the latter two fields what it takes for having a mid range to good pc build for those purposes.

For decent photography, I know the monitor is quite important (benq sw2700pt would be in my budget if found for decent) and a hyperthreading intel cpu most likely the 8000 i7 series as they've added the extra two cores.

For programming perhaps a mobo with a max of 128gb of ram supported.

Id like to treat this as a learning experience, anyone with good info to pass down, or articles/websites to visit please let me know. This is more a compiling of information, the build will happen just perhaps not all at once, the parts im looking for are medium to amateur semi pro grade if that makes any sense.

Thank you for your help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back