Sim Racing Modding Roundup: July Assetto Corsa Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Jordan 191.jpg

Welcome to the July edition of our regular sim racing modding round-up articles, checking out the best of the best from the world of Assetto Corsa modding.

In the latest of our monthly look into the magical world of mod creation for Assetto Corsa, we have a trawl through some of the incredible car and track releases produced since May by our awesome modding community. From the big and the bold to something altogether different, these past couple of months have produced some impressive pieces of community created mods here at RD.

I would again like to take this opportunity to remind you that in no way do RaceDepartment endorse these mods or take any responsibility whatsoever for any issues caused by downloading these files. The idea behind the articles is rather simple, to help throw light on some of the wonderful community content created for our favourite racing simulators. If you feel we have missed out some "must have" content, or want to draw my attention to a project you are working on, please feel free to drop me a PM or leave a message in the comments section below….

Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) 0.90
AC Lola.jpg

Title: Assetto Corsa
Category: Cars / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 30/06/2017
Credits: See download link
Converted from the original rFactor 2 mod (with permissions), the Lola T70 MkII from @aphidgod is a beautiful piece of content in both look and feel. Capturing the essence of GT sportscar racing in the 1960's remarkably well. A perfect choice for fans of historic racing, the Lola has been completed to an incredible level of attention to detail and is well worth a download. Must have content.

MSF - Williams FW24 (F1 2002) 1.0
AC Williams 2002.jpg

Category: Cars / Formula One
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 07/07/2017
Looks good and sounds great, this Formula One car from the MSF Italian Modding Team is one of the best sounding sim mods of recent times. Feeling incredibly engaging to drive (for an F1 car) and pushing our some ear busting audio, the FW24 of 2002 Formula One fame is already a very, very impressive piece of kit. Improved massively over earlier builds, the car is now at a very high standard.

BMW e30 Touring 0.51
AC BMW e30 .jpg

Category: Cars / Road
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 16/06/2017
Probably the only version of this car in any simulation, the e30 Touring has been made to a very high standard. Built from scratch, excellent 3D model and superb physics, the car is an outstanding piece of content for anyone wanting something a bit more sedate and road going in their simulation driving. Outstanding car.

VRC 1991 Jordan 191 1.1
AC Jordan 191.jpg

Category: Cars / Formula One
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 14/05/2017
Stop reading this and go download it. NOW! It's a 1991 Jordan F1 car FFS. Brilliant mod.

Estonia-20 0.9.5
AC Formula.jpg

Category: Cars / Open Wheel (Historic)
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 14/05
Another rather outstandingly good fun classic open wheel car from @jurik1984, the Estonia 20 is the absolute definition of no frills racing. No sight of such luxury as traction control, DRS or KERS, this is racing as it should be - pure. Low speeds, great handling and sideways action. Brilliant car, just like all his others. Must have.

Laguna Seca 4.3
AC Laguna.jpg

Category: Track / Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 24/07/2017
Appreciate we will get a laserscanned Kunos version in future, but this track is the perfect choice while we wait, and has been sorted to a high level and keeps getting better. Reworked from the rFactor 2 version, the track is quickly building up to a very, very solid level of quality.

Fuji Speedway 1968 1.1
AC Fuji 68.jpg

Category: Tracks / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 24/07/2017
Beautiful, well made, graphically high quality and a great circuit. Very impressive mod and an absolute must have for people looking for a great driving experience. Converted from GTL by @WilliamTRiker as a first project, the quality is hard to miss throughout the mod. Super first effort and well deserving of anyone's download capacity. Brilliant. (for added fun, put some fog down and go for a spin in a classic F1 car.. superb!)

Bridgehampton Race Circuit 2.0
AC Bridgehampton.jpg

Category: Road / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 02/07/2017
Because, well it's awesome isn't it? Massive rework on all aspects of the track, this build version 2.0 is incredible. Brilliant stuff and worthy of official Kunos content. Must have download.

Nemuno Žiedas 0.5
AC Nemuno.jpg

Category: Tracks / Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 14/06/2017
Plenty rough round the edges (hence v0.5) but crammed pack full of potential. Awesome track layout seemingly well put together in it's basic form, this will be very much one to keep an eye on in the coming months, even though it is perfectly driveable at the moment. Very promising track.

Circuito de Jerez 1.0
AC Jerez.jpg

Category: Tracks / Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 07/06/2017
Finally a modern version of this historic track. @alex meyer has done a fantastic job making a very visually appealing track and appears to have done a great job on accurately recreating the Spanish circuit. With all the necessary bells and whistles included, this is a very, very well made mod and is perfect for lots of the content in AC. Comes in 2 layouts with 35 AI spots, this is a very good track mod indeed. Looking forward to seeing more from the author in future.

RaceDepartment have our very own Assetto Corsa Modding Discussion forum, a location where community members can share progress on the latest mods, download new content and interact and ask questions about the world of mod creation in Assetto Corsa. Check out the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum for details and take a look at our general Assetto Corsa forum where you will find all the latest news items and community discussion topics.

Please can I take this opportunity to ask you, the community, to help improve other users experiences when downloading a mod at RaceDepartment? If you download a mod here at RD please consider testing and taking the time to leave a rating and comment so the author and other community members can see opinions on how each mod is developing. Just five minutes of your time for each download you make can go a long way towards helping others make informed decisions, and helps add to the general awesomeness that is the RaceDepartment mods section! Thank you...

Oh and one last reminder... RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events in Assetto Corsa using a variety of content found in game. Check out the AC Racing Club for details and how to join in the action. Its fast and fun and easily one of the best ways to get the most out of your game. YOU people make our clubs what they are, so get stuck in and join up for some races today and lets go have some fun!

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Enjoyed our most recent round up? Missed anything I shouldn't? Let me know in the comments section!

Last edited:
Clearest and most beautiful I ever saw AC was using my 12gb watercooled titan x superclocked ,
was 1000% perfection , from every angle , with zero shadow issues , anti aliasing , nothing ,
using triple 32% LG screens , ultra maxed everything , gpu running 24% , video 5% ,
with full custom watercooled pc with 5 rads ,
was just stunning , if a 1080ti is having issues ,
I would install windows again and all drivers , it simple should not be happening at all .
I honestly think what you and i think is perfect is totally different although i just took a couple of screens and they do look nice but at my viewing distance and size screen from cockpit the back of other cars is covered with aliasing .
Anyway i'm just learning to except it .
Here is a nice shot from Imola ...

Attachments

• Screenshot (93).png
    Screenshot (93).png
    965 KB · Views: 235
As a former RF2 driver and with my love for historics I was really thrilled when I saw the Lola. Not just because Crossply did an awesome job converting the Howston into the true car, but also because ISI allowed the use of their original parts for another sim. I think that kind of cooperative spirit can get us all very far.

For the Jordan 1991 I'm a tiny bit sad because it reminds me of the 1991 F643 from ASR, and both of them have nothing else to play with from the same year. I'd pay a lot of cash for a full 1991 F1 season with matched performance.

But yeah, in the end we see again that thanks to all these hard working guys out there and based on the groundwork layed by Kunos we have AC as a wonderfully flexible sim. 1967 F1 to 2016 LMPs and whatever else in between.

As a former RF2 driver and with my love for historics I was really thrilled when I saw the Lola. Not just because Crossply did an awesome job converting the Howston into the true car, but also because ISI allowed the use of their original parts for another sim. I think that kind of cooperative spirit can get us all very far.

For the Jordan 1991 I'm a tiny bit sad because it reminds me of the 1991 F643 from ASR, and both of them have nothing else to play with from the same year. I'd pay a lot of cash for a full 1991 F1 season with matched performance.

But yeah, in the end we see again that thanks to all these hard working guys out there and based on the groundwork layed by Kunos we have AC as a wonderfully flexible sim. 1967 F1 to 2016 LMPs and whatever else in between.

man, the F643 have MP4/6 1991 V12 Honda and the FW14 V10 Renault to play with
all these cars are from asr.
with the jordan, you have 4 cars from 91 season to play with.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%