Sim Racing Modding Roundup: July Assetto Corsa Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Jordan 191.jpg

Welcome to the July edition of our regular sim racing modding round-up articles, checking out the best of the best from the world of Assetto Corsa modding.

In the latest of our monthly look into the magical world of mod creation for Assetto Corsa, we have a trawl through some of the incredible car and track releases produced since May by our awesome modding community. From the big and the bold to something altogether different, these past couple of months have produced some impressive pieces of community created mods here at RD.

I would again like to take this opportunity to remind you that in no way do RaceDepartment endorse these mods or take any responsibility whatsoever for any issues caused by downloading these files. The idea behind the articles is rather simple, to help throw light on some of the wonderful community content created for our favourite racing simulators. If you feel we have missed out some "must have" content, or want to draw my attention to a project you are working on, please feel free to drop me a PM or leave a message in the comments section below….

Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) 0.90
AC Lola.jpg

Title: Assetto Corsa
Category: Cars / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 30/06/2017
Credits: See download link
Converted from the original rFactor 2 mod (with permissions), the Lola T70 MkII from @aphidgod is a beautiful piece of content in both look and feel. Capturing the essence of GT sportscar racing in the 1960's remarkably well. A perfect choice for fans of historic racing, the Lola has been completed to an incredible level of attention to detail and is well worth a download. Must have content.

MSF - Williams FW24 (F1 2002) 1.0
AC Williams 2002.jpg

Category: Cars / Formula One
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 07/07/2017
Looks good and sounds great, this Formula One car from the MSF Italian Modding Team is one of the best sounding sim mods of recent times. Feeling incredibly engaging to drive (for an F1 car) and pushing our some ear busting audio, the FW24 of 2002 Formula One fame is already a very, very impressive piece of kit. Improved massively over earlier builds, the car is now at a very high standard.

BMW e30 Touring 0.51
AC BMW e30 .jpg

Category: Cars / Road
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 16/06/2017
Probably the only version of this car in any simulation, the e30 Touring has been made to a very high standard. Built from scratch, excellent 3D model and superb physics, the car is an outstanding piece of content for anyone wanting something a bit more sedate and road going in their simulation driving. Outstanding car.

VRC 1991 Jordan 191 1.1
AC Jordan 191.jpg

Category: Cars / Formula One
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 14/05/2017
Stop reading this and go download it. NOW! It's a 1991 Jordan F1 car FFS. Brilliant mod.

Estonia-20 0.9.5
AC Formula.jpg

Category: Cars / Open Wheel (Historic)
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 14/05
Another rather outstandingly good fun classic open wheel car from @jurik1984, the Estonia 20 is the absolute definition of no frills racing. No sight of such luxury as traction control, DRS or KERS, this is racing as it should be - pure. Low speeds, great handling and sideways action. Brilliant car, just like all his others. Must have.

Laguna Seca 4.3
AC Laguna.jpg

Category: Track / Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 24/07/2017
Appreciate we will get a laserscanned Kunos version in future, but this track is the perfect choice while we wait, and has been sorted to a high level and keeps getting better. Reworked from the rFactor 2 version, the track is quickly building up to a very, very solid level of quality.

Fuji Speedway 1968 1.1
AC Fuji 68.jpg

Category: Tracks / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 24/07/2017
Beautiful, well made, graphically high quality and a great circuit. Very impressive mod and an absolute must have for people looking for a great driving experience. Converted from GTL by @WilliamTRiker as a first project, the quality is hard to miss throughout the mod. Super first effort and well deserving of anyone's download capacity. Brilliant. (for added fun, put some fog down and go for a spin in a classic F1 car.. superb!)

Bridgehampton Race Circuit 2.0
AC Bridgehampton.jpg

Category: Road / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 02/07/2017
Because, well it's awesome isn't it? Massive rework on all aspects of the track, this build version 2.0 is incredible. Brilliant stuff and worthy of official Kunos content. Must have download.

Nemuno Žiedas 0.5
AC Nemuno.jpg

Category: Tracks / Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 14/06/2017
Plenty rough round the edges (hence v0.5) but crammed pack full of potential. Awesome track layout seemingly well put together in it's basic form, this will be very much one to keep an eye on in the coming months, even though it is perfectly driveable at the moment. Very promising track.

Circuito de Jerez 1.0
AC Jerez.jpg

Category: Tracks / Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 07/06/2017
Finally a modern version of this historic track. @alex meyer has done a fantastic job making a very visually appealing track and appears to have done a great job on accurately recreating the Spanish circuit. With all the necessary bells and whistles included, this is a very, very well made mod and is perfect for lots of the content in AC. Comes in 2 layouts with 35 AI spots, this is a very good track mod indeed. Looking forward to seeing more from the author in future.

RaceDepartment have our very own Assetto Corsa Modding Discussion forum, a location where community members can share progress on the latest mods, download new content and interact and ask questions about the world of mod creation in Assetto Corsa. Check out the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum for details and take a look at our general Assetto Corsa forum where you will find all the latest news items and community discussion topics.

Please can I take this opportunity to ask you, the community, to help improve other users experiences when downloading a mod at RaceDepartment? If you download a mod here at RD please consider testing and taking the time to leave a rating and comment so the author and other community members can see opinions on how each mod is developing. Just five minutes of your time for each download you make can go a long way towards helping others make informed decisions, and helps add to the general awesomeness that is the RaceDepartment mods section! Thank you...

Oh and one last reminder... RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events in Assetto Corsa using a variety of content found in game. Check out the AC Racing Club for details and how to join in the action. Its fast and fun and easily one of the best ways to get the most out of your game. YOU people make our clubs what they are, so get stuck in and join up for some races today and lets go have some fun!

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Enjoyed our most recent round up? Missed anything I shouldn't? Let me know in the comments section!

Last edited:
Great modding round-up.

Agree but mainly because the trees don't look like shite but only in the pic because while driving your trees are not very good . Are you planning a update to make your Sim trees and aliasing actually work and look real ?
They are a lot better than i could do (obviously) but really , for the top Sim on the market ATM i think in 2017 we should have a option in the graphic to adjust visual slider further to the right for more realism .
Especially with a SMSoon to be released Sim looking ever so impressive !
Anti-aliasing in AC looks pretty good to me in motion... Particularly if you add transparency AA via the driver. Optimisation would be a different matter. If AA isn't good enough you can always try supersampling.

Another scratch made circuit that should be made official assetto corsa content.
Pay the modders Kunos or shut up, some of them are doing a stellar job in keeping assetto corsa relevant, due to lack of race tracks, in assetto corsa.
It's not hard to see why the devs have issues with the community on occasion...

Great modding round-up.

Anti-aliasing in AC looks pretty good to me in motion... Particularly if you add transparency AA via the driver. Optimisation would be a different matter. If AA isn't good enough you can always try supersampling.

I would rather be patient and wait and have 50 scanned tracks in another 2-3 years time in AC ,
Than have 25 scanned tracks and 25 fictional tracks for sure ,

but for example ,
Bridgehampton Race Circuit closed as of 1998 I think or it was 99 ,
but in any case its an older track , simple not possible to scan ,
these tracks are all perfectly fine to put in AC by the devs and make official ,
what I do not agree upon is making fictional tracks that are still open now and is possible to be scanned ,

I do believe in some certain cases exceptions should be made ,
but I respect the decisions either way , all cars are 100% official and 95% of tracks ,
we just need at least another 3-4 tracks per year , or in 5 years at 1-2 a year ,
interest will be gone ,
as there is some major games now producing the goods , with a lot of scanned content.

I would rather be patient and wait and have 50 scanned tracks in another 2-3 years time in AC ,
Than have 25 scanned tracks and 25 fictional tracks for sure ,

but for example ,
Bridgehampton Race Circuit closed as of 1998 I think or it was 99 ,
but in any case its an older track , simple not possible to scan ,
these tracks are all perfectly fine to put in AC by the devs and make official ,
what I do not agree upon is making fictional tracks that are still open now and is possible to be scanned ,

I do believe in some certain cases exceptions should be made ,
but I respect the decisions either way , all cars are 100% official and 95% of tracks ,
we just need at least another 3-4 tracks per year , or in 5 years at 1-2 a year ,
interest will be gone ,
as there is some major games now producing the goods , with a lot of scanned content.
I was simply commenting on the "Pay the modders Kunos or shut up", "doing a stellar job in keeping assetto corsa relevant" - insinuating Kunos doesn't care about mods reaping benefits without giving something back (maybe I'm reading too much into it because that's just ridiculous). Maybe melanieuk doesn't know or remember that Kunos bought the rights to the 3D models of several cars and Zandvoort that originated as mods. Either way that was pretty uncalled for.

At the end of the day it's about priorities having to be managed, about time and money. It's not as easy as just copying and pasting a mod into the build uploaded on Steam to make it official. Even the greatest track mod still requires work (= time & money) to at least check that it's up to the production standard and optimised. Then add licensing... even for closed circuits someone might still own the rights to the brand and that needs to be checked (= time & money).

They could always go the AMS route and give us Midgeframpton, Johnson Road and Riversotherside, not to mention Nerjsey Tornado layout amongst others :p

The main reason to have tracks as official content would be higher traffic in MP which is kind of on us anyway. We are why we cant have nice things :(

modders can do what they are doing because of our decision to make the game the way we did to allow modding in the first place.. so I won't shut up and you lost another chance to avoid showing what kind of a twat you are to the entire planet.

Hate to agree with "the man" but this is true. Leaving your game/code open to modding typically does not make money for a game developer. When you consider the content and pricing models for some other games that will remain nameless; they are doing us quite the favor. Just my opinion and experience. And I think the statement above was worth acknowledging.

Thanks for the roundup! Keep 'em coming soldier! :thumbsup:

To be fair, most of that noise comes from a small handful of reliable sources. :rolleyes:

Track in my Lola screenshot is indeed @Fat-Alfie 's Thomson Road. Must-have track, truly brilliant work.

And thank you @kunos for this fantastic platform to work with. I've gotten so much out of my time spent modding.

Edit: on the subject of (rF2) in the title of the T70, that was a stipulation of the agreement I made with ISI/Studio 397 to use the model, which is partly built from their assets. I'm only too glad to comply.

Last edited:
Not a fan of my tracks always being a part of the 'official content' debate. If they want the track they will ask for it. Also who says I would even want it to be official. It would likely mean me giving up the model to them and I may not want that. While I appreciate that people think some of my work is worthy of being official I feel there is little need to keep pounding on Kunos for not taking in mod tracks. While it is a shame the consoles can't experience some of these great tracks. Be greatful that us PC users can appreciate some of the great lost circuits of the world. I am extremely thankful that Kunos made an open game to allow modding so I can bring my favorite tracks to life once again.

Not a fan of my tracks always being a part of the 'official content' debate. If they want the track they will ask for it. Also who says I would even want it to be official. It would likely mean me giving up the model to them and I may not want that. While I appreciate that people think some of my work is worthy of being official I feel there is little need to keep pounding on Kunos for not taking in mod tracks. While it is a shame the consoles can't experience some of these great tracks. Be greatful that us PC users can appreciate some of the great lost circuits of the world. I am extremely thankful that Kunos made an open game to allow modding so I can bring my favorite tracks to life once again.
So basically if they contacted you and offered you $**** for the track ,
then asked for you to make more you would say no ?

So basically if they contacted you and offered you $**** for the track ,
then asked for you to make more you would say no ?
If they were to pay me to build a track from that start that is one thing. But Bridgehampton is my first track and I have a special attachment to it. Obviously it would depend on the deal and what could be agreed upon. Either way it is not something I think about. I build them because I like them and it is as simple as that.

Last edited:
If they were to pay me to build a track from that start that is one thing. But Bridgehampton is my first track and I have a special attachment to the track. Obviously it would depend on the deal and what could be agreed upon. Either way it is not something I think about. I build them because I like them and it is as simple as that.
I know this man , im just clutching at straws :roflmao::roflmao:

If they were to pay me to build a track from that start that is one thing. But Bridgehampton is my first track and I have a special attachment to the track. Obviously it would depend on the deal and what could be agreed upon. Either way it is not something I think about. I build them because I like them and it is as simple as that.

This. People tend to forget what modding is all about.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%