Sim Racing Bonanza Trip to Brazil - Interlagos Race Weekend

Bom dia galera ....

Just came back from my holidays in Brazil, where I had the big pleasure of being a VIP Guest of Reiza Studios at the final Race of the Brazilian Stock Car Championship. Wow, what a weekend I spent in Sao Paulo. A really great and unforgettable experience.

The package I bought with the Sim Racing Bonanza included a trip from Switzerland to Brazil, including everything you can imagine. (Hotel, Transport to the Track, VIP at the Track, Meet and great with some Drivers, Dinners on Friday and Saturday)

We arrived on Friday 11th in Sao Paulo around 3 pm. In the Hotel Renato had already reserved my room and we could check in without any problem. As I told Renato that I will attend a football game in the evening, he decided to arrive later, since we anyway wouldn't go to track on Friday. So after Check-in we moved to the famous Morumbi Stadion, where we were part of history, as Rogerio Ceni (one of greatest Goalkeepers ever) had his last game of his career for Sao Paulo FC, which is my favourite team in Brazil since 25 years. What a atmosphere in this stadion. Just unbelievable. I have been at the world cup last year, but it didn't even get close to the atmosphere we experienced that night in Sao Paulo.

On Saturday morning (still drunk from last night game) I met Renato for the first time. Just had slept about 2 hours. First impression of me might have been a little strange for Renato :) But I immediately felt "at home". Renato was together with a friend and both were great guys. Really easy going and friendly. So after a quick breakfast, we moved to the Interlagos track. As the hotel was near to the track, it only took us about 10 minutes. I have been twice in Interlagos for a Formula 1 Race, but this one was really special. Being able to drive with the car into the Track Area was a great feeling. We had a VIP Pass where we could access really every part. Pit Lane, Behind the boxes, all VIP Areas above the Boxes, Paddock Club...etc. This was great. After arriving we first went behind the boxes to see if we can meet some drivers. And it didn't took long time and I stood in front of Rubens Barrichello. Meanwhile the first Formula 3 Race was on... and we went to the different VIP Areas to see the race. I should mention that it was not only the Stock Car Race at that weekend, but it was all Day Action with 5 categories (Stock Car, Brasiliero de Turismo, Copa Petrobras das Marcas, Mercedes Challenge and Formula 3). So we spent the whole day at the track enjoying our VIP Status visiting all the possible areas. At the evening Renato took us to a Restaurante where we had dinner and few beers. As I was tired from last night already I decided to go to the Hotel and have a good sleep, as on Sunday the action continued with the main Race - The final of the Stock Car season where 3 drivers still could be the champion.

On Sunday morning we went early to the track, at 07.30 am. This time Fabio showed up as well. Was a pleasure to meet him as well. There were much more people as on Saturday. The atmosphere was great. We went to the Paddock Club to see the main race, as from their you can see most of the track. As as VIP we had the best places including nice buffet with food and drinks. Again, unforgettable experience. Rubinho, Caca and Marcos, the three fighting for the title crashed in the first lap, so the championship was decided already after the first lap. But still quite some action on track. Marcos, the winner of the Season was crowned. And the winner of the Race was Atila Abreu.

After the Stock Car Race, the Pit Lane was open for VIP Guest, and we could walk there around and take pictures. What a feeling. I felt like a little "Bernie" :). And these pitgirls...wowowowow...

After that we watched the Mercedes Challenge, where there was a huge crash at the start, involving various cars. Cool action :)

At last we watched the Race of Copa Petrobras das Marcas.

At around 2pm, we had to say Bye to Renato and Fabio, as I still had a 4 hours drive back to Ubatuba, where I spent another week on the beach.

I like to thank Renato, Fabio and the whole Reiza Team who made this possible. It was the best Race Action Experience I ever had. Being a VIP at such an event feels unbelievable good. I hope they come up with something similar in the future and I would recommend such a trip to everybody. I will be there again :)

Attachments

• Morumbi2.jpg
    Morumbi2.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 471
  • RaceDay1 - Team.jpg
    RaceDay1 - Team.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 493
  • RaceDay1 - Simulator.jpg
    RaceDay1 - Simulator.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 466
  • RaceDay1 - Rubinho.jpg
    RaceDay1 - Rubinho.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 477
  • RaceDay1 - SennaS.jpg
    RaceDay1 - SennaS.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 450
  • RaceDay1 - Me and Atila.jpg
    RaceDay1 - Me and Atila.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 457
  • RaceDay1 - Marcas.jpg
    RaceDay1 - Marcas.jpg
    834.7 KB · Views: 505
  • RaceDay2 - Pit Lane RB.jpg
    RaceDay2 - Pit Lane RB.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 477
  • RaceDay2 - Fabio.jpg
    RaceDay2 - Fabio.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 459
  • RaceDay2 - Me and Marcas.jpg
    RaceDay2 - Me and Marcas.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 420
Some more pictures

Attachments

• RaceDay1 - Atila Car.jpg
    RaceDay1 - Atila Car.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 433
  • RaceDay1 - PitGirls1.jpg
    RaceDay1 - PitGirls1.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 443
  • RaceDay1 - RB Box.jpg
    RaceDay1 - RB Box.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 466
  • RaceDay1 - VIPass.jpg
    RaceDay1 - VIPass.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 449
  • RaceDay2 - Female Driverjpg.jpg
    RaceDay2 - Female Driverjpg.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 467
  • RaceDay2 - Me and Suzuki.jpg
    RaceDay2 - Me and Suzuki.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 432
  • RaceDay2 - Paddock Club Track View.jpg
    RaceDay2 - Paddock Club Track View.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 507
  • RaceDay2 - Pit Girls Rubinho Box.jpg
    RaceDay2 - Pit Girls Rubinho Box.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 521
What a great trip! Would love to go some day. Would also love to meet Rubens - he's always been a favorite of mine and seems like a really classy guy. I saw him at the Indy race in Detroit a few years ago but sadly never got the chance to actually meet him.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years