• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sim keeps minimizing?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Alan Mains, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Alan Mains

Alan Mains

Ratings:
    +0
    after racing ,without warning the simulator now minimizes on its on.

real pain in the a this.

any help here would be great.

2. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,174
    Try to disable the option that your monitor shuts down after some time that you dont type on your keyboard. (energy settings)

3. Alan Mains

Alan Mains

Ratings:
    +0
    cool thx. try it

4. Dallas Willms

Dallas Willms

Ratings:
    +0
    Also could potentially be a program demanding the screen, might want to go through what's all running?

5. Simon Trendell

Simon Trendell

Ratings:
    +7
    What antivirus do you use?

6. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +151
    Avira Antivus (the free version) does this nasty things.
    Firewall can also be asking for some advice.

7. Ben Ling

Ben Ling

Ratings:
    +0
    Suggest you to disable all anti-virus software as it might auto-update during your race. Also don't forget to finish all your download or BT before the race.

8. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn

Ratings:
    +234
    LOL, I was member of the RaceDepartment Steam Community Group, but every time an event popup appears my game started minimizing. Can't find the option to disable those popups, so I am no longer member of the RD community group.

9. sneek62

sneek62

Ratings:
    +0
    Settings -> tab "Friends" ?

10. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro
    Animals and Racing Lover

Ratings:
    +400
    I had exactly the same issue, with everything disabled, as window updates, anti-virus updates, energy settings, etc....but for ~4 weeks,
    every time i was playing the PC minimized the game, as you know
    HistorixGT mod doesnt allow us to ALT+TAB to restore the game screen,
    which was a real pain....with the other games i had to do a quick shift screen. I was using BITDEFENDER anti-virus for almost 2 years, never had such a problem like this one. I unistalled BITDEFENDER and install AVAST,
    and i can assure you that turned all my system much better, everything is working faster now. Dont really know what happened and why after almost 2 years working fine, i got that issue (some incompatibility for sure)
    But now it works well.

Cheers

P.S. i´m trying hard to achieve my 25 posts :D

11. Matt Crouch

Matt Crouch

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem with digiguide, but I doubt you're using it ;)

jusat in-case anyone else has this issue, there is an option to enable silent updates in the settings