1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

sim keeps minimizing?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Alan Mains, Oct 9, 2008.

1. after racing ,without warning the simulator now minimizes on its on.

real pain in the a this.

any help here would be great.

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Try to disable the option that your monitor shuts down after some time that you dont type on your keyboard. (energy settings)

3. cool thx. try it

4. Also could potentially be a program demanding the screen, might want to go through what's all running?

5. What antivirus do you use?

6. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

Avira Antivus (the free version) does this nasty things.
    Firewall can also be asking for some advice.

7. Suggest you to disable all anti-virus software as it might auto-update during your race. Also don't forget to finish all your download or BT before the race.

8. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

LOL, I was member of the RaceDepartment Steam Community Group, but every time an event popup appears my game started minimizing. Can't find the option to disable those popups, so I am no longer member of the RD community group.

9. Settings -> tab "Friends" ?

10. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro
    Animals and Racing Lover

I had exactly the same issue, with everything disabled, as window updates, anti-virus updates, energy settings, etc....but for ~4 weeks,
    every time i was playing the PC minimized the game, as you know
    HistorixGT mod doesnt allow us to ALT+TAB to restore the game screen,
    which was a real pain....with the other games i had to do a quick shift screen. I was using BITDEFENDER anti-virus for almost 2 years, never had such a problem like this one. I unistalled BITDEFENDER and install AVAST,
    and i can assure you that turned all my system much better, everything is working faster now. Dont really know what happened and why after almost 2 years working fine, i got that issue (some incompatibility for sure)
    But now it works well.

Cheers

P.S. i´m trying hard to achieve my 25 posts :D

11. I had this problem with digiguide, but I doubt you're using it ;)

jusat in-case anyone else has this issue, there is an option to enable silent updates in the settings