1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim Factory Update: Trucks Coming!

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by The Sim Factory, Aug 22, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

We have long been working on new vehicle content to integrate into the current version of ARCA Sim Racing 08 and we are finally nearing the final stages of modelling and integration. It has been much anticipated and a long wait from our community for this content, of which should provide a exciting addition to the many great leagues out there. Our release schedule has been determined by community demand and our polls showed that the truck was the most anticipated content, so we changed focus from the Impala to the Silverado and couldn't be more eager to get this content out. Expect the Chevrolet Silverado and then the NW Impala followed by the Cup Impala.

As will always be the case with any content we release, our physics derive from a mass amount of vehicle and tire data from real world teams and our integration is done side-by-side with team engineers. Our intent is to provide vehicle specific performance characteristics, of which are unmatched by any other sim on the market to-date.

VERSION 2 UPDATE:

In additon to the added vehicle and track content coming to ASR08, which we are scheduling for release, we are also continuing to structure development on our second installment of PC software. As there is no current release date or title yet established, we can say with utter certainty that it will be the finest stock car racing simulator ever produced for the PC platform. As our competitors have lifted the bar on track design and graphical elements, we will meet or exceed expectations for those items and push the level of physics programming lightyears beyond any stock car simulation software that has ever released to the PC platform for the sim racing and professional motorsports communities.

What can you expect from our next installment of software?

• A complete roster of Laser Scanned Tracks
    • Higher level of realism in regard to vehicle dynamics, tire modelling as well as aerodynamic protocols
    • Far more stock car racing vehicle content: Asphalt and long awaited dirt content
    • An immense library of tracks
    • New and easier to use Front End System
    • In-Depth Statistical Ranking Systems
    • Far more complex lobby system
    • Completely new User Interface system
    • A host of new in-game features
    Stay tuned as more information is provided. We are still quite a ways off on the next version so we are going to maintain additional vehicle and track updates free of charge for our ASR08 community to enjoy. Keep the fuel burning, tires turning and your eyes on the prize!

2. can't wait good work guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope also to see this year the new stock car

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I still don't understand a few things. Some months ago there were talkings about ASR 2. Does this mean an entire new game? Or an upgrade of the current ASR software?

4. 4 month after and no release, very ridiculous. for me same if you release tommorrow TSF is finnish. Bram Rfactor2 is not release, count 3years for see ASR2 for sure. it's free of charge for no update is great lol

5. Bram

Bram

I think you might be in for a surprise then Eric. Last time I spoke with Zippy it sounded very promising. Don't judge too soon, sometimes silence means people are at work :)

6. Bram my patience have a limit, the truck is annonced 2 years ago. check palm beach raceway the last news june, TSF is just a joke
    sorry but it's real. it's very bad asr08 it's game sim but bad organisation.

7. Bram

Bram

We don't know the reason why its delayed. As a consumer its veru easy to complain without knowing the facts. :) Did you sent them an email to ask whats up? I am sure Zippy will answer it soon.

8. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

TSF is a few people using their own moneys to develope the software. I've known Zippy since the old SCE days and I believe TSF has the best physics out there. Personally I will support TSF on their endeavor.

9. no problem with the software i running 3 years on it and it's a great sim but bad organisation , some modders is more fast for release thier stuff. Randy you running at Premium racing league? you running on mod track, for me all this track is not realist.

10. Bram

Bram

The only bad thing with TSF/ARCA is the total lack of support and exposure for their european customers. Its US only unfortunately.

Shame though as ARCA is relatively cheap to get into some good oval racing if you cannot (or want to) afford iRacing

11. yeah is this Bram, the europeans customers is abandonned completly, for the moment i placed my money on iracing and i'm plenty satisfied by this product and i abandonned my ARCA game on my new pc.

12. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Thats correct PRO_RCR here. I havent been a huge fan of the PRO tracks either. Just dont have the feel of the TSF tracks so you are correct their.
    I totally understand frustration on european side.
    I have a 2 month deal on iRacing going now. Pretty expensive to run for sure. But is also tough to keep yourself from buying more content. :rolleyes: But I am having fun racing when I can. I ran NR2K3 also and I feel that in iRacing. Which is ok. I just like simracing period.So I have fun whatever I drive.:)

13. yeah real very expensive to run on Iracing, but for me more than candy, i run too on nr2003 and i dont have the same impression to you. the fustration is TSF abbandonned the europeans oval racer, i discuted with zippy for the creation of santionned serie and the answer is europe is not good for us. me i'm not european i'm canadian and i'm big fan of oval is just bad i live in Switzerland. I hope 1 day return in my country and i have the possibility to participate on American league

14. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Sad indeed.:(

15. Bram

Bram

As said if you ask TSF directly you always get an answer. I did it via Twitter and this is their response on the question if the trucks are ready to be released:

@RaceDepartment
    Not yet, they are in closed beta stage though and testing is taking place each night ...

16. Sorry for the delay everyone:

Note: Video is of beta development testing of Chevrolet trucks to be added soon to Arca Sim Racing. Artwork, content and other subject matter have yet to be finalized and are included here as an example only. ARCA Sim Racing is available here: www.thesimfactory.com/ASR_L1.zip Enjoy!!

17. Just a few things to get everyone up to speed. Chevrolet, ProParts and many others have been brought onboard to help bring these awesome beasts to life and into your living rooms :)

Below is a brief update of where we are:

- Cheverolet Truck is on track in game and currently under going closed beta testing
    - Spek guages are almost completed and will be a part of the truck package when delivered
    - Template is 99% ready and should be released in very near future
    - Car Viewer will be released in tandom with the template
    - Physics work continues daily for the trucks, completed are Talladega, Kansas and Chicagoland
    - A small video of some testing will be posted soon for those interested
    - This is a free addon to be offered to current owners of ASR and will only contain the Chevrolet Silverado truck
    - Soon after the truck is joined to ASR, our NW and Cup vehicles will be close behind.

Along with a laser scanned model, we have extended our reach in physics development immeasuraby. Our tires, suspension, aero and mechanical physics have all been radically updated and expected to bring some real excitement to leagues and online racing environment overall.

More info soon ....

18. Here are a few pics of our trucks in WIP state and as painted by our beta testers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]