Sim Discussion Monday - Automobilista

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Discussion Monday - Automobilista.jpg

The weekend is behind us and it's Monday once again. To help alleviate some of that disappointment, let's have another Sim Discussion Monday!

The subject of choice this week is the mighty Automobilista from Reiza Studios. Starting out life with a very Brazilian theme before undergoing it's current expansion to cover all things motorsport, Automobilista has come on a long way since the early days under GSCE branding.

Now featuring plenty of the bells and whistles expected of a modern racing simulation, plus an impressive collection of cars and racing series from a diverse cross section of the motorsport world, AMS is something of a little known gem in the sim racing landscape.

I will be running one of these each Monday, for all the major sims, as a place to get some community feedback on the game itself and everything associated with the title.

Let's use this as a place for some user reviews and a central spot for all things AMS. Found a good mod you want to let people know about, tell us! Have a particular favourite car or track? Well shout up! Know some tricks to get the game running in its sweet spot? Fire away! Want to muse about future content coming to the sim, or want to beg the developers to go out and secure a particular licence agreement? Well now you can... !

Mondays be like...

Sim Discussion Monday - Automobilista 1.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Automobilista 2.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Automobilista 3.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Automobilista 4.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Automobilista 5.jpg

Like all these games for me it's a case of why not just own it if you can pick it up in a steam sale or something? If nothing else its good to actually play all the sims so if someone is banging on about how much better their chosen sim is you can at least know you own it and can see for yourself.

For me the example is for sure AMS in the clearest explanation of what i mean, well this and RF2.
For the £6 AMS cost me on steam if i have one race weekend in the Mini's with say 20 lap race, the joy i have with that one car in that race weekend is worth the £6 alone...
Same with RF2.
They can be picked up in steam sales so cheap and they have so much content to the point of too much to get round to using.... there really is no reason IMO not to have these games.

Like all these games for me it's a case of why not just own it if you can pick it up in a steam sale or something? If nothing else its good to actually play all the sims so if someone is banging on about how much better their chosen sim is you can at least know you own it and can see for yourself.

For me the example is for sure AMS in the clearest explanation of what i mean, well this and RF2.
For the £6 AMS cost me on steam if i have one race weekend in the Mini's with say 20 lap race, the joy i have with that one car in that race weekend is worth the £6 alone...
Same with RF2.
They can be picked up in steam sales so cheap and they have so much content to the point of too much to get round to using.... there really is no reason IMO not to have these games.
That's true of everything as well. When I see something cheap, I buy it just 'cause! Might be useful one day.

That's true of everything as well. When I see something cheap, I buy it just 'cause! Might be useful one day.

Well within reason, i mean certainly in a sim racing context, we have the gear, PC, wheel etc etc, so when a game like AMS is £6 on steam it would be cray no to get it really, there will always be at least one car in there that works for you and you can easily get your monies worth.
For me I've seen so much hate and aggression from some sections of sim world over the 'best sim' that once i went over to PC i just knew i had to get them all so i can see for myself.
Frankly in my humble opinion i'm glad they all exist and they are all at surface level pretty similar i.e. none of the big sim games feel like i have to re learn the basic core of driving a car (i have done karting, track days and been lucky enough to drive racing cars in testing format never raced a car though).
Some take longer to tweek but all work as simulations of driving.
No one can tell me i don't play what is in their opinion the best sim...as i play them all..that alone is worth the money....

Great game. Physics and FFB are quite refined relative to what the physics engine is capable of and, also importantly, quite consistent from car to car.

Like every game, the physics and FFB aren't without their annoying and frustrating quarks and situations they don't like being in but, in the end, you just gotta drive and adapt to each games' physics engines while hoping for the best in terms of further core-engine improvements.

I love the South American tracks. So many amazing tracks that hardly anyone mentions or shows in videos.

I play with 3x screens, a 1:1 FOV, and, most importantly, 3D (Nvidia 3D Vision 2) - the game looks amazing to me (mostly because of 3D).

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years