1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Silverstone - my nemesis!

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by ptroinks, Mar 8, 2012.

1. I'm in my first season with Williams, and I've been doing quite well against pro AI with no assists. Now, I'm racing at Silverstone, and something is very odd here. I've tried setting up the car myself, I've tried the setups posted on this site, but I always lose 1-2 seconds in sector 2. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I even tried setting the AI to intermediate, but I still can't get decent lap times. Is this a common problem on this track?

2. No the thing is to Master the Last Corners of Sector 2 Namely Maggots and Becketts Turns
    Most people Goes off track in this turn with High speed Enter the Maggots with gear 6 then down to Gear 4 then try to adjust the Steer
    When you exited the Maggot you must be in gear 3 or 4 to Negotiate Becketts Perfectly
    Do not try to use KERS until you mastered The both
    If you are loosing at the Beginning of the Sector 2 then just don't give too much Gas while exiting the Turn

Hope this helps

3. First two videos are from the "masters". The third one is one of my laps compared to Italianred. These videos helped me a lot to improve my times and before the race I was doing low 24s in Q. I hope they help you too.

4. Yes, those would be my two problem corners :). I looked at those videos, and the lap times are amazing! I'm happy to get a 1:32.xxx! Not yet having all the car upgrades would account for some of the difference, though. I guess I'll just have to practice some more. Thanks for all your help!

5. James Maskell

James Maskell
    "Remember the name! Tommy Vercetti!"

These videos aren't career mode. So the career upgrades don't have affect.

6. I don't know what car you drive in career but in a Williams in my career I made low 27s in Q.

7. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I get a similar thing, my sector 2 times were atleast 2secs too slow... or the AI were 2 seconds too fast....
    Same thing happened with Canada, in qualy and practise, drive literally on THE limit the whole lap, 1st sector would lose maybe a 0.1, but then as i get to the 2nd sector mark, im losing like 0.7-1.5 seconds. its really weird.