1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks Silverstone Historic (1987-1990) 2.0

Silverstone Historic for GSCEx

1. Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Silverstone Historic (1987-1990) - Silverstone Historic for GSCEx

Read more about this resource...
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Thank you so much, Patrick :) I find current Silverstone kinda boring, so racing a really fast version like that is a breath of fresh air! Great stuff, as usual.
  3. Hm, they actually raced F1 at a track like this ? :O_o:
    It's very simple. There's practically no challenge here. But it's got a nice flow and it's fine for some high speed fun.
  4. hex

Jan, that's sooooo ignorant :cool:

Thank you, Patrick. Love this track!
  5. Maybe it is... :) I just find it hard to believe they'd race F1 on an easy layout like this.. It's a great high speed track, though, i agree.
  6. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

yep what a circuit.. always preferred racing it on a game then watching it on TV, still do lol
  7. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

This article about Silverstone's changes through the years is worth checking out. I prefer this layout that Patrick uses - it's not as annoying as the current one, but it's not as simple as the initial ones.

If you'd like to try the first versions of Silverstone, Test Drive Ferrari has a pretty good one, actually.
  8. I got permissions from ISI to do Silverstone 1995 ;)
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Great. Moving up the ranks, I see. ;)
  10. Kobay

Premium Member

The best way to see old layouts of tracks is racingcircuits.info. Here's Silverstone:

My favorite Silverstone layout is 1991-1993 because that's when I started watching F1 and playing Crammond's F1GP. It has the modern Maggots-Becketts complex and fast Abbey, not the chicane.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Video from Jorge :)

12. Thanks again, Patrick. Any chance of tackling Essington, Toban, Rouen or Le Mans? Or perhaps DRM Revival mod?
  13. I got permissions from ISI for Essington.
    I think i need some holidays in the coming weeks, too much work on tracks :roflmao:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

I had so much fun yesterday with the FClassics. And also with the Extremes... 275kph average is a bit silly. Unless my math is wrong. Which is a distinct possibility.
  15. hex

Exactly on this day 27 years ago Ayrton Senna won British GP in the wet.

It's just a coincidental info for those who had no idea F1 raced there :p
  16. You could easily race V12 and Classics side by side here, or so it seems. :O_o: At least in my experience i can do practically the same lap time on default setup in both Fs. I wish Reiza would improve the Classics engine sound, though, if it's not against the realism. I feel it's so low noise and tame compared to V12 sound and doesn't give the best indication of the immense power the formula has.
  17. Try this : http://sim-racing-evolution.fr/downloads/root_hidden_private/F_Classic_New_Sounds.rar

Put It in the root folder. Overwrite.

Edit the .veh of the car you drive. Just add the bolted line and the //
    Delete this line and the // above if you dont like.

18. Thanks, Patrick. I find this one more exciting than default. :thumbsup: Default is a bit boring.
    I also need better headphones for sure. I'm currently using some very basic 5€ stuff. :D
  19. hex

Well, Formula Classic simulates McLaren MP4/4 = V6 turbo engine (just like F1 since 2014 with some differences). Of course it produces much less noise than noisiest of them all - V12.