1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tracks Silverstone Historic (1987-1990) 2.0

Silverstone Historic for GSCEx

1. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Silverstone Historic (1987-1990) - Silverstone Historic for GSCEx

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Thank you so much, Patrick :) I find current Silverstone kinda boring, so racing a really fast version like that is a breath of fresh air! Great stuff, as usual.

3. Hm, they actually raced F1 at a track like this ? :O_o:
    It's very simple. There's practically no challenge here. But it's got a nice flow and it's fine for some high speed fun.

4. hex

hex

Jan, that's sooooo ignorant :cool:

Thank you, Patrick. Love this track!

5. Maybe it is... :) I just find it hard to believe they'd race F1 on an easy layout like this.. It's a great high speed track, though, i agree.

6. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

yep what a circuit.. always preferred racing it on a game then watching it on TV, still do lol

7. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

This article about Silverstone's changes through the years is worth checking out. I prefer this layout that Patrick uses - it's not as annoying as the current one, but it's not as simple as the initial ones.

If you'd like to try the first versions of Silverstone, Test Drive Ferrari has a pretty good one, actually.

8. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

I got permissions from ISI to do Silverstone 1995 ;)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Great. Moving up the ranks, I see. ;)

10. The best way to see old layouts of tracks is racingcircuits.info. Here's Silverstone:
    http://racingcircuits.info/europe/united-kingdom/silverstone/

My favorite Silverstone layout is 1991-1993 because that's when I started watching F1 and playing Crammond's F1GP. It has the modern Maggots-Becketts complex and fast Abbey, not the chicane.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Video from Jorge :)

12. Thanks again, Patrick. Any chance of tackling Essington, Toban, Rouen or Le Mans? Or perhaps DRM Revival mod?

13. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

I got permissions from ISI for Essington.
    I think i need some holidays in the coming weeks, too much work on tracks :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

I had so much fun yesterday with the FClassics. And also with the Extremes... 275kph average is a bit silly. Unless my math is wrong. Which is a distinct possibility.

15. hex

hex

Exactly on this day 27 years ago Ayrton Senna won British GP in the wet.

It's just a coincidental info for those who had no idea F1 raced there :p

16. You could easily race V12 and Classics side by side here, or so it seems. :O_o: At least in my experience i can do practically the same lap time on default setup in both Fs. I wish Reiza would improve the Classics engine sound, though, if it's not against the realism. I feel it's so low noise and tame compared to V12 sound and doesn't give the best indication of the immense power the formula has.

17. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Try this : http://sim-racing-evolution.fr/downloads/root_hidden_private/F_Classic_New_Sounds.rar

Put It in the root folder. Overwrite.

Edit the .veh of the car you drive. Just add the bolted line and the //
    Delete this line and the // above if you dont like.

DefaultLivery="Classic01.dds"

HDVehicle=F_Classic.hdv
    Graphics=F_Classic.gen
    Spinner=F_Classic_Spinner.gen
    Upgrades="F_Classic_upgrades.ini"
    GenString=
    Cameras=F_Classic_cams.cam
    //Sounds=F_Classic.sfx
    Sounds=F_Classic_New_Sounds.sfx
    HeadPhysics=F_Classic_HeadPhysics.ini

18. Thanks, Patrick. I find this one more exciting than default. :thumbsup: Default is a bit boring.
    I also need better headphones for sure. I'm currently using some very basic 5€ stuff. :D

19. hex

hex

Well, Formula Classic simulates McLaren MP4/4 = V6 turbo engine (just like F1 since 2014 with some differences). Of course it produces much less noise than noisiest of them all - V12.