Silverstone bemoans 'potentially ruinous' costs: Considers Break from 2020

thats the road of money.they simply dont care.that corrupted form of capitalism is just numbers.we almost lost monza a couple of years back,now Germany and guess what, who cares about uk.we have India,china and the arabs.Happy days

He will die before that happens.
1) Like him or not it's not a very nice thing to say. :unsure:
We (at least, I did:geek:) get warnings from various mods stating that this forum doesn't tolerate offending behavior towards no one (so Bernie is I guess included too:cautious:) but, could be... that those warm warnings are preserved only for ordinary us... non-Premium band of brothers members.
2) And as well it might not be true.
Which will then, in the process, promote you as some true F1 expert. Not.
And also you will have to come back here and offer your sincere apologies.

Really... London GP, how did I forgot that one ? That must be the plan from day one. Not that I like the fact that ...legendary tracks being pushed away from F1 but... to some extent, you have to admit... this NEW layout of this (used to be) legendary track is annoyingly hard to learn. :rolleyes:
(for whole these years) I've never manage to connect a really good one. :)

Personally i like the new layout. At first i was pretty angry of losing Bridge Corner. But now we got a much faster Abbey back. And btw: This track provides awesome races outside F1. (Was the 2016 GP that bad?)
WEC (6 hours), Blancpain (4 hours), Creventic (24 hours)

Yeah, I was kidding, I like it too.
Although layout, at first, look quite complicated, it actually has a such a great flow. Or was it me,:D never mind.
I wasn't kidding for the first part of the post though. :devilish:

If Donington was a serious contender (which I don't think it is) that access road is beyond poor. However in terms of investment, the actual circuit isn't all that far from the M1. We are talking maybe a mile or two. If some proper investment were to come in the form of a real access road, it wouldn't be out of the question to do as the distance is minimal (assuming all the land owners agree of course).

They have already had one recent aborted attempt at running F1 which nearly ended in financial ruin, will they be keen to do so again? I don't think so.

Occidental countries have less and less money. That's a fact.

I wonder who will help us the day we will need it? lol

Why Jean Todt is an idiot? He has nothing to do with F1 track's choice.

Lol, you didn't read the whole quote. I'm not blaming Jean Todt for track choices, I blame Jean Todt for just being a terrible FIA president, and he needs to go before F1 can become good again.

See, I am now talking about the circuit choices right after that ;)

Bernie needs to agree deals with circuits that will put on a show rather than these boring street circuits. We don't need Baku or Sochi. They are waste of time. We need proper circuits which will provide good racing. I hope Liberty Media will agree reasonable deals with circuits so the sport doesn't lose gems in the calendar

Sure it was really clear. So same question why is he a terrible president?

1- Completely wrong direction with the regulations. Like these 2017 regulations are stupid
2- Elimination Qualifying
3- Failure to bring in the cost cap (Because of Ferrari)
4- Failure to make the strategy group fair (like why the hell do only some people get to make the rules and not all the teams)
5- Driving Standards are unclear.
6- Poor job with stewards.
7- Has little to no control over important decisions.
8- Finances spiraling out of control and his inability to actually help smaller teams
9- Another President who lives in fear of Ferrari.
10- Introduction of artifical overtaking aids.

You can blame some of these on the strategy group, but he's too blame still as he's a part of this. He has no initiative to take control and fix the sport

We are a little off topic here I know, however my main gripes with F1 at the moment are the artificial overtaking aids and the continuing tarmac run-off plague which is infecting almost every circuit they attend now.

1- Completely wrong direction with the regulations. Like these 2017 regulations are stupid
2- Elimination Qualifying
3- Failure to bring in the cost cap (Because of Ferrari)
4- Failure to make the strategy group fair (like why the hell do only some people get to make the rules and not all the teams)
5- Driving Standards are unclear.
6- Poor job with stewards.
7- Has little to no control over important decisions.
8- Finances spiraling out of control and his inability to actually help smaller teams
9- Another President who lives in fear of Ferrari.
10- Introduction of artifical overtaking aids.

You can blame some of these on the strategy group, but he's too blame still as he's a part of this. He has no initiative to take control and fix the sport
The formula one is managed by the FOA (formula one group):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_Group

The FOA is managed by Bernie Ecclestone.
Where do you see Jean Todt here?

1) Like him or not it's not a very nice thing to say. :unsure:
We (at least, I did:geek:) get warnings from various mods stating that this forum doesn't tolerate offending behavior towards no one (so Bernie is I guess included too:cautious:) but, could be... that those warm warnings are preserved only for ordinary us... non-Premium band of brothers members.
2) And as well it might not be true.
Which will then, in the process, promote you as some true F1 expert. Not.
And also you will have to come back here and offer your sincere apologies.
Are you for real? Seriously? I think you will find the forum rules equally apply to all members of RaceDepartment including those who don't pitch in and contribute monetarily. Are you implying that members here cannot slag off celebrities, politicians, world leaders and general all round bad guys? If we go by your strange reasoning we wouldn't be able to slag off Donald Trump or anyone else.:rolleyes: You have had warnings for offending members here most probably. As have I and many others. Get over it.

But.
It's very obvious what I meant. By the time any London GP will happen BE will probably be dead of old age. IE; it won't happen for a very long time if ever and Bernie is already 87 yrs old. Get that silly big chip off your shoulder.:thumbsdown::cool:

The formula one is managed by the FOA (formula one group):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_Group

The FOA is managed by Bernie Ecclestone.
Where do you see Jean Todt here?

"The Formula One Group is a group of companies responsible for the promtion of the FIA Formula One World Championship, and exploitation of the sport's commercial rights."

I'm sorry, but that does that have to do with Jean Todt having no control over an FIA sanctioned championship?

Are you implying that members here cannot slag off celebrities, politicians, world leaders and general all round bad guys?

Thank God that's not a rule :D Otherwise I would have been banned ages ago with the amount of people I slag off :D

"The Formula One Group is a group of companies responsible for the promtion of the FIA Formula One World Championship, and exploitation of the sport's commercial rights."

I'm sorry, but that does that have to do with Jean Todt having no control over an FIA sanctioned championship?
For the same reason that when Michelin says that they are candidat in 2017 Ecclestone says i don't want Michelin.
He should not say that, this is not his role.
I think you are far from the reality thinking that the FIA do what they want.

Ecclestone always fought against the FIA even if this is the FIA which has created the formula one championship. In 1987 he founded the FOPA after a fight with the FISA (ex FIA).

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years