Resource icon

Tracks Silverstone (2 seasons, DRS) 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Silverstone (2 seasons, DRS) - Silverstone for Automobilista

sil01.201677143349.jpg

sil02.201677163728.jpg

Hi all.

After my decision to let down the GSC version I reworked some weeks ago, I changed my mind about Silverstone.
I had to fix many things there to have finally something good.
All is not perfect and still some details could be reworked but globally I am now satisfied.

All of us can thank @Gringo for his help here, about the...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you for the time you must've put into this. I fully understand and appreciate you cannot fix everything. As the track is now it's really enjoyable to race on ! Thanks again for all your free time you're spending on our sim-racing-hobby !

Thank you for the time you must've put into this. I fully understand and appreciate you cannot fix everything. As the track is now it's really enjoyable to race on ! Thanks again for all your free time you're spending on our sim-racing-hobby !
Thanks peter.
I dont expect 5 stars for each review here. But when I read some comments I think I should put time only in very good bases (and let me tell you there are not many). I wanted to do this track for F1 fans, I think I did something honorable. When you do good things poeple want always more, with the same level. But it is not always possible. It will be the case with Fontana too.

About flickering, I know there is a lot. I fixed it in some place, but it is really demotivating as it is very little polys everywhere... Sorry but I reached my limit with this task, better to spend time on something else. And believe me, they was a lot of stuff to work on here, I suppose poeple dont realise it when they play.

Anyway, to reply to some comments, I dont really plan to update the track, I already spent a lot (too much?) time on it.

Thanks peter.
I dont expect 5 stars for each review here. But when I read some comments I think I should put time only in very good bases (and let me tell you there are not many). I wanted to do this track for F1 fans, I think I did something honorable. When you do good things poeple want always more, with the same level. But it is not always possible. It will be the case with Fontana too.

About flickering, I know there is a lot. I fixed it in some place, but it is really demotivating as it is very little polys everywhere... Sorry but I reached my limit with this task, better to spend time on something else. And believe me, they was a lot of stuff to work on here, I suppose poeple dont realise it when they play.

Anyway, to reply to some comments, I dont really plan to update the track, I already spent a lot (too much?) time on it.
you have reason my friend.
the problem that happened to this track happens to most of the tracks that I've converted
is that because most of these rf1 lanes have been converted from other games and already is a problem because always something stay missing and what I see is that most often the textures and shaders of Reiza not adapt well to these clues because have very poor quality

and biggest problem is that people do not know the work that we have to try to fix things and sometimes not understand that problems have no solution

Hi Guys,

We all should know that ISI gmotor has some troublesome graphics engine limits/bugs. Depending on how a track and the objects were constructed some ugly problems can happen.

Post a screen shot and a quick description of any graphics problems you might find, or any suggestions you have. If a few reports come in I would take some time to fix them if possible. It is understandable that catching every last bug is a big job when you're one person and time is short. This track is good quality overall and definitely a high quality drive.

Last edited:
Just to precise, fixing the poly-Z problem requires to :
- import the right GMTs under 3DS
- as you loose materials then you have to re-setup all the materials of the object.
- you have to find which polys are involded
- you have to move all of them +1cm on Z axis.
- reexport
- encrypt

If anyone wants to do that, I see no problem. I did for some buildings and windows. but it is long and boring because of the way things were built...

Last edited:
Post a screen shot and a quick description of any graphics problems you might find, or any suggestions you have. If a few reports come in I would take some time to fix them if possible. It is understandable that catching every last bug is a big job when you're one person and time is short. This track is good quality overall and definitely a high quality drive.

Actually there just very few really distracting things:

Something flashing through the cockpit on the old SF-straight:

Flash old SF 1.jpg
Flash old SF 2.JPG
Flash old SF 3.jpg

Pop-up on the grandstand at the end of Hangar Straight (Stowe):

GRAB_011 pop up grandstands.JPG
GRAB_012 pop grand stands.JPG

And there's some distracting flickering in the windows of a building in the corner just before the old SF-straight:

GRAB_004 flicker.JPG

GRAB_005 flicker.JPG

It would be cool if these things could be fixed. If not that's totally understandable for me. Track is very good to race on as it is.

Humm I dont see it and I did a difference comparison on the screen grabs. Possibly some kind of alpha blend issue with the stands and the chain link fence. the trees behind the stands.

A few more building windows could be looked at shortly.

Buggy SF line noted.

Last edited:

Humm I dont see it and I did a difference comparison on the screen grabs. Possibly some kind of alpha blend issue with the stands and the chain link fence. the trees behind the stands.

Yes, i don't know what happens exactly, but the way the grandstand looks changes as you get closer.

Thanks for looking at the small bugs Gregory !

• Deleted member 130869

I mistakenly thought it was going to be the ISI Northamptonshire Silverstone :(.

We will never thank you enough for your hard work Patrick, you are incredible! I had only a few laps last night and only noticed the line on the old straight. I was probably concentrated on the road, I have to learn the layout! I'm more use to the older ones… :whistling: But I'm glad that we have an up to date Silverstone, with the dynamic track. Thanks to all the team! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back