1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Silly Question

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Jeremy Chambers, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Hey Guys,

I know that this may be a silly question, but I have to ask. I am running a 1990 mod and I am trying to run 26 drivers on the Phoenix track. It seems to take forever to load though. I hit the Esc key and then it loads fairly quickly. I realize this is getting it to skip the rest of the loading process. the question I have is, is this a result of not enough RAM or would it be the video memory that does this?

I know that I need to upgrade, but I have some extra RAM kicking around from an older computer...

2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Sounds like there's an error message that you're skipping. Next time it freezes, switch tasks and see if there is an error pop up.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Yes there was an error message. It read "gMotor2 error" "Error loading mesh file MCLLIGHT.GMT to memory. Do you think this is a RAM issue or a video card issue? Or is this just that I need to reinstall the mod...

4. Thats an error with the mod...not your hardware. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Try to find the line in the scn and delete it. Dont know what this gmt does but you can try.

6. I think it is a car actually. Gerhard Berger's McLaren to be specific. I tried loading it again and then drove down the pits looking in each stall. Sure enough Gerhard's car was a grey lump. I will tinker with the scn file to see what can be done. Otherwise I will try a 1991 mod instead...