• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Sidewall on ORSM MODELS

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by Courtney22, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Courtney22

Courtney22

Ratings:
    +0
    I camt get the sidewall to change hard tyre to soft tyre.
    Also i have put the set i use in my car folder and all cars have same tyres! Please help

2. dbens1

dbens1

Ratings:
    +7
    Are you using a custom set of tgm files or are they standard ORSM ones?

3. Courtney22

Courtney22

Ratings:
    +0
    They came standard with the retro cars. But have affected all orsm models now.
    The other ones now run the soft enduro sets. Not hard and soft. Have installed fresh orsm mod and somewhere along the way its changed

4. dbens1

dbens1

Ratings:
    +7
    Check your .tgm files to see what the tyre compounds are named within the .tgm file. Rfactor has specific names that must be used for compounds to allow tyre sidewalls to change. For Hard V8 tyres (from memory) it should be "Intermediate Compound". For soft tyres it should be "Soft Compound" (this is within the TGM files only. There is also a custom .DIC file which will search for text terms defined in the DIC file and then display the alternate text entries which are setup in the DIC file like "Control Tyre", "Sprint Tyre" etc)

5. Courtney22

Courtney22

Ratings:
    +0
    hey dbens1 the TGM files are they the same as TBC? if so they are correct but cant find the .DIC files

6. dbens1

dbens1

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah sorry. TBC are the files (been working with RF2 too long recently :) ). DIC files will be under support/languages from memory but they are not really important .... just a way to translate what RF1 needs for tyre file names to a label that makes sense to the V8s. If the TBC files have the correct compound names then I would suggest reinstalling the ORSM files to see if that helps. Also check that the tyre compounds are not locked to a particular track by the Trackconfig file