Sidekick

Apps Sidekick 1.11.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
1.11 ?? ... I didn't even notice Sidekick was updated ! :redface:
Thanks Topuz :thumbsup: ... and also to PlaYAdoK for his message with which I finally found the update. ;)

NB: - Added full Push to Pass support in a form of a bar with activation "bullets" should have been very useful ......... yesterday ! :roflmao:

Hi,
is there a possibility to disable these new features from 1.11 or move them to another section?
I mean I would like to have BEST and P. BEST only in the second section, no FRONT/REAR gap, especially if I'm in practice mode. This is only useful with RACE mode.

Greets
DrFugazi

Hi Topuz
I would really like to use your app but I just cannot seem to get it to work. Very frustrating as I read so many positive comments from people who have obviously had no issues getting it working. I have tried all the solutions in your FAQ's but no luck so far. I have owned AC for a while now but didn't really use it much until I got Oculus Rift recently, so I am still learning the interface and could be missing something. I only discovered the in game app menu a couple of days ago. Anyway I have run some other apps successfully so far but have removed them all now in an attempt to get sidekick working as this is the one I want most. Sidekick shows up in the settings menu and I enable it but then I don't find it in the app menu. It looks like there might be more pages to the app menu (the numbers at the bottom) but I am not able to click there with my mouse so I assume that there is nothing more on those pages. Can you offer any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

Stupid question: you know you can scroll the app menu?
Thank you for replying Topuz. Not a stupid question at all. I know computers pretty well but I am a complete novice when it comes to the user interface of AC. So you can assume that I know nothing about that app menu. I know that it looks like you can scroll but I don't seem to be able to get my mouse to click on the bottom section. I was assuming that I can't do that because there is nothing more to see at the moment. Maybe I am wrong then? Is there a keyboard short cut for scrolling because I definitely can't do it with my mouse? Cheers

You either click on the down arrow in the lower right or you scroll with the mouse wheel while your mouse is over the app bar. Do you have any other apps successfully installed and running? Screenshot of your Sidekick folder would help me determine if you installed it correctly, also zipping up the logs folder from Documents/Assetto Corsa and attaching it here could help.

The 4 numbers on the bottom are in a way for page, but not in the sense that you get more apps to choose from, but you can use/save up to 4 different layouts of the apps you use.

Sometimes a video makes it more obvious:

If the Sidekick buttons are missing, check if only it's logos aren't installed because then the Button label doesn't say Sidekick and only has a generic AC logo. Hover over all apps with generic AC logos until the name pops up. Look if one (some) of them is for Sidekick.

If you really don't have Sidekick in-game in the app list and you're sure it is activated in the menu, then press 'Pos1' on your keyboard to open the console, see if there are any error messages about Sidekick. (not sure if the console works in VR though)

You either click on the down arrow in the lower right or you scroll with the mouse wheel while your mouse is over the app bar. Do you have any other apps successfully installed and running? Screenshot of your Sidekick folder would help me determine if you installed it correctly, also zipping up the logs folder from Documents/Assetto Corsa and attaching it here could help.
Thanks again for your help. If have found it now. I seem to be having some issues with my mouse at the moment. Not sure if it is a VR thing or just because I am running my SIM in a garage with no heating and it is pretty cold at the moment. Anyway mouse keeps stalling then starting again and is hard to control but I did manage to get the menu to move with the scroll wheel this time and your awesome app is now showing on my screen. For some reason however I cannot move my mouse low enough on the menu to click on that arrow at the bottom, so something weird is going on with the mouse. Once again thank you for your time and trouble and I will send you a donation via PayPal. Cheers.

Sometimes a video makes it more obvious:

If the Sidekick buttons are missing, check if only it's logos aren't installed because then the Button label doesn't say Sidekick and only has a generic AC logo. Hover over all apps with generic AC logos until the name pops up. Look if one (some) of them is for Sidekick.

If you really don't have Sidekick in-game in the app list and you're sure it is activated in the menu, then press 'Pos1' on your keyboard to open the console, see if there are any error messages about Sidekick. (not sure if the console works in VR though)
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciated the video. If you refer to my last reply to Topuz you will see that I have found the icon and got the app running now. Something a bit weird going on with my mouse in the VR screen was making it hard to get this happening. Cheers!

Hi Topuz,

Thank you for this great app. I have just one question, I've noticed there's quite some discrepancy between the tire temperature and pressure shown by the Sidekick app and the stock AC Tyre app, as you can see from the screenshot below. How come I have this noticeable difference? Is there's something I'm not doing right?

Attachments

• 244210_20170824124046_1 (2).png
    244210_20170824124046_1 (2).png
    670.1 KB · Views: 221
There are different tyre temps used in AC.

Surface, Core and a calculated one between Surface and Core.

iirc it's the weighted mean of 75% Core temp. and 25% Surface temp.

i.e. for the front left tyre, core 65°C, surface ~84°C (average of IMO temps), so 19°C delta, the weighted mean is 4,75°C which is added to the 65°C core = (rounded) 70°C that is shown by Sidekick

Only using/showing one value, surface temp only or core temp, doesn't tell the whole truth so this was added as a compromise (and isn't exclusive to Sidekick).

There are different tyre temps used in AC.

Surface, Core and a calculated one between Surface and Core.

iirc it's the weighted mean of 75% Core temp. and 25% Surface temp.

i.e. for the front left tyre, core 65°C, surface ~84°C (average of IMO temps), so 19°C delta, the weighted mean is 4,75°C which is added to the 65°C core = (rounded) 70°C that is shown by Sidekick

Only using/showing one value, surface temp only or core temp, doesn't tell the whole truth so this was added as a compromise (and isn't exclusive to Sidekick).

Hi schnipp,

Thank you so much for this explanation. So basically it is a different way of calculating the overall tire temp. Now it is very clear, however I'd expect the tire pressure information to be constant across the apps, nonetheless I get same discrepancy with the tire pressures too. You can't see it from my screenshot, but it was the case. Am I missing something again?

Best regards.

Just adding to Modavone's remarks:
Which of both system is right for enough or not enough temperatures for the tyres:
In Moldavone's example screenshot: front tyres are nearly perfect green so ... good temperature
while for the original app .... they are light blue .... temperature too low !

So how can we know when the tyres are really at a good temperature or not ? if both apps don't tell the same conclusion about temperatures. :unsure:

There's two parts to this...

First one is simple, if you're using Content Manager on the untested branch it currently messes up ideal ranges for temperatures (both brakes and tyres), it makes them too wide. Without going into too much detail, we (CM author and myself) thought we had a good idea but we didn't. This will be fixed in the next CM update. Until then, you can disable the integration features in CM by going to Settings - Content Manager - Integrated and unchecking first three options. Then you can restore the original compounds.ini file from the original downloaded archive and you'll be fine for Kunos cars. For mod cars you're a bit screwed until the CM update lands. Pressures are unaffected by this.

Second part is a bit more tricky. Sidekick only knows the ideal ranges, it doesn't know how quickly the performance degrades before and after the ideal range. That's why there are customizable transition ranges for temperatures and pressures. On the other hand, Kunos app knows the entire spectrum of performance, over the entire range, and colors the data accordingly. I did my best to find the happy medium, but obviously if a car has a very atypical drop before or after the ideal range, the colors are likely to be different. You can try fiddling with the transition ranges if you care enough and try to make it match Kunos colors better for the car you're currently driving, but this isn't saved per-car right now. And yes, Sidekick displays what's called a tyre practical temperature, 75% core and 25% average IMO.

These two things combined could explain a lot of what you're experiencing. Sorry about the mess, it is a complicated subject and it's very hard to make it accurate and reliable.

TL; DR; Colors should match while you're within the ideal range (disregarding that CM bug), and they may differ a bit once you're outside the ideal range.

No problem in my case, Topuz ... it was more curiosity and doubts than anything else. ;)
Sometimes, it's difficult to find which is the right ... or false "truth" ... the Web specialty often :D:whistling: in many different matters.

I don't use Content Manager, but just JSGME .... and for Sidekick I nearly always choose the tyre wear in race only .... using rather the original app for preparation of the setup for this race .... as I only drive in league or similar.

Thanks for your infos :thumbsup:

I'd love to update the app but I'm not quite sure if it's just downloading the new version and move it to the respective AC folder, therefore replacing it. Can anyone confirm it? And if any data is lost in the process? Tks...

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back