1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Shuttering Issues

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Mike Smith, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Hello,
    i have i pretty good computer, 968 black intel chip (3.2 g) running 2 480 gtx's all on water, this is the first game that i've ever got any shuttering at all ! i dont have a great internet connection (satellite),,, is it the internet connection or just graphic's settings, which BTW, where do you adjust them at ???

so what do you think, is the game a bit of a graphics hog or does it need a very good internet connection, this is the first game i've ever run without the content being installed on my HD,

thx for your time , mike,

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

I believe ATM it's a graphics hog and has yet to be optimized. As for where your settings are hit esc/options/video settings it helps to turn down or off shadow split, motion blur and use simple cube reflections until it's updated

3. Great thx David, I'll give the setting change a shot, do you think lowering the res will help? Thx again, mike,

4. Another thing to try is to reduce "Pre-rendered Frames" to 1 in your graphics card settings. I had occasional stuttering in RRRE until I changed this setting - cleared it right up.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium Member

Stuttering all around here too. It's pretty disappointing.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

can people say what equipment they are getting the stuttering on as it helps to try and give advice..

but as mentioned

shadow split off ,
    cube maps on lowest setting *
    try running fxaa off aswell (in game and on card profiler)

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  7. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer

GTX 580 here. i7, and 12GB RAM.
    Andi, I will give a try using your advices. Thanks!

• Beer Beer x 2
  8. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer

Could someone please share nvidia and in game settings? So far, even after the patch and the tweaks above, my game performance is poor. I think something is not right with my settings. Thanks in advance!

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

how many fps are you getting , full grid dtm ?

Andi

10. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer

Andy, I really don't know how many fps I get, but with only ONE car, the performance is low. Entering the main straights of the tracks, i am experiencing micro stutters. With the same settings, it's all ok with the RRE.