• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Shuttering Issues

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Mike Smith, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Mike Smith

Mike Smith

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    i have i pretty good computer, 968 black intel chip (3.2 g) running 2 480 gtx's all on water, this is the first game that i've ever got any shuttering at all ! i dont have a great internet connection (satellite),,, is it the internet connection or just graphic's settings, which BTW, where do you adjust them at ???

so what do you think, is the game a bit of a graphics hog or does it need a very good internet connection, this is the first game i've ever run without the content being installed on my HD,

thx for your time , mike,

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,278
    I believe ATM it's a graphics hog and has yet to be optimized. As for where your settings are hit esc/options/video settings it helps to turn down or off shadow split, motion blur and use simple cube reflections until it's updated

3. Mike Smith

Mike Smith

Ratings:
    +0
    Great thx David, I'll give the setting change a shot, do you think lowering the res will help? Thx again, mike,

4. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +555
    Another thing to try is to reduce "Pre-rendered Frames" to 1 in your graphics card settings. I had occasional stuttering in RRRE until I changed this setting - cleared it right up.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    Stuttering all around here too. It's pretty disappointing.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +373
    can people say what equipment they are getting the stuttering on as it helps to try and give advice..

but as mentioned

shadow split off ,
    cube maps on lowest setting *
    try running fxaa off aswell (in game and on card profiler)

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  7. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    GTX 580 here. i7, and 12GB RAM.
    Andi, I will give a try using your advices. Thanks!

8. duko

duko

Ratings:
    +34
    • Beer Beer x 2
  9. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    Could someone please share nvidia and in game settings? So far, even after the patch and the tweaks above, my game performance is poor. I think something is not right with my settings. Thanks in advance!

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +373
    how many fps are you getting , full grid dtm ?

Andi

11. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    Andy, I really don't know how many fps I get, but with only ONE car, the performance is low. Entering the main straights of the tracks, i am experiencing micro stutters. With the same settings, it's all ok with the RRE.