Tracks Showroom glitches

Hi!
I have a little problem when I try to create a showroom from SPA
Showroom_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_4-1-2017-21-59-18.jpg

Any ideas?

All showrooms are basically half of sphere, they are probably not designed for big areas. I also see that showroom is somehow different how it renders shaders/textures. Not going to work this way.

Idea: make a 360° render of the scene projected into a sphere ;) just like the default showroom "industrial" or the beach...
I know it's not the same but for the showroom this should be enough still :cool:

I guess you'll be doing it with a screenshot and photoshop, I don't know how to take 360 screenshots from game.

By the way, whats the point making showrooms out of Kunos tracks ? Showroom is whole different thing.

How do I make this with the same shader of AC?

I'm sorry, I should have write it in more detail :(

For this you need to have the 3D model of the scene, knowledge of 3D editing (especially rendering) and environment maps. So with the 3D model of the track you should setup a perfect scene (materials, lightning, etc.) and render this to an equirectangular environment map. This environment map can then be uv-mapped to a half sphere you can use in the showroom of AC.:whistling:
Here is a vid of how to do it with Blender (just a quick search, maybe there are better tutorials):

Of course this is not the easiest way to get your desired result, especially setup the scene to match in the ingame graphics :redface:
However, you could try to use an existing showroom which uses this technique and just change the HDRI environment map it uses (e.g., here are some free ones). This may only need a little re-mapping.:thumbsup:
And of course you could try to get a real HDRI environment map or sky from a racetrack, but to be honest I've not seen any yet. So I'm afraid I can't point you to any :(

I guess you'll be doing it with a screenshot and photoshop, I don't know how to take 360 screenshots from game.

By the way, whats the point making showrooms out of Kunos tracks ? Showroom is whole different thing.
It is for my little project, using Kunos tracks in showroom
I'm sorry, I should have write it in more detail :(

For this you need to have the 3D model of the scene, knowledge of 3D editing (especially rendering) and environment maps. So with the 3D model of the track you should setup a perfect scene (materials, lightning, etc.) and render this to an equirectangular environment map. This environment map can then be uv-mapped to a half sphere you can use in the showroom of AC.:whistling:
Here is a vid of how to do it with Blender (just a quick search, maybe there are better tutorials):

Of course this is not the easiest way to get your desired result, especially setup the scene to match in the ingame graphics :redface:
However, you could try to use an existing showroom which uses this technique and just change the HDRI environment map it uses (e.g., here are some free ones). This may only need a little re-mapping.:thumbsup:
And of course you could try to get a real HDRI environment map or sky from a racetrack, but to be honest I've not seen any yet. So I'm afraid I can't point you to any :(
Thank you! That might help me :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back