Show us your Rig / Cockpit

My new oculus rift rig and after 5 years I’m back to sim racing.
VR is simply amazing and I don’t understand who doesn’t like it. It needs just a better resolution and that’s it. The FOV for me is just fine because with VR I feel that I have the driver helmet with a limited Field of view. With my pc spec I have 85-90fps ( every thing on medium and SS 1.4)

Last edited:
Some upgrade, new wheel, paddle shifters and overall neatness.
Now I only need a new H-shifter.. :)
29214714_1684276435020696_4600497465412550656_o.jpg 29177075_1684309108350762_9212387705239896064_o.jpg 29136771_1684310055017334_559565042450694144_o.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome rigs here!

I finally decided where to start mounting everything to have kind of a racing corner so decided to take some shots to share with you guys.

So, the first step was to mount the main screen and found a couple of parts of wall mounts in my garage which did the job just right.

IMG_0726.JPG

Seat: Corsa Racing Rig w/ shifter add on
Wheel: Logitech G29 Complete Pack
Screen: Dell P2210 16:9

Another shot, now with everything on:

IMG_0738.JPG

Computer specs:

Chieftec LBX-03B-B-SL || NOX Urano VX 650W || Asus P5QL Pro || Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33Ghz @ 4.1Ghz || CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Kingston 4x2Gb DDR2 PC-6400 || XFX Radeon HD5970 2Gb GDDR5 || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx || LiteOn DVD-RW Sata || Power Up Card Reader || Toshiba SSD Q-Series Pro 128Gb || Maxtor 300Gb Sata 3 || JVC HA-RX300

Since I don't have yet a swivel tray to place keyboard and mouse, I placed the computer that way and for now it serves the purpose.

IMG_0740.JPG

I still have a lot of things to do, but it already is very fun and I'm happy with the way things are going.
Further updates and changes to be shared as well.

Cheers

P.S. The center of my G29 :)
IMG_0743.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Folks looking at some amazing sim rig builds on here so thought I would share a project I have been working on recently, nothing overtly original but have been working my way up from many iterations of different kit, wheels have been Thrustmaster T500, Fanatec and now now Big MiGE Direct Drive, Rigs have been 'Wheel Stand Pro,' Rseat RS1 and now Simlabs P1, and with all the rigs there have been various shifters and pedals sets. Also dabbling with various transducers, exploring immersion from MiniLFE Sim Vibe Editions to the Larger Buttkciker Advance and Clarks Sythesis TST 239 Silver and most recently Sim Racing Studio's 'Power Wind Package' this is yet to arrive from the States but I thought why the heck not, and now with VR stapped to your head I though this may also double up as a good cooling solution on the longer runs :thumbsup:

I have yet to get final placements for the BK Advances on the Front, by getting these housed on to their base plates and then attach them to the Rig, and finally the BKA in the middle rear, this will also make its way onto its base plate, as just attaching directly to the 40mm profile you are only achieving 'half' of the energy impact from the transducer, attaching them onto their plates and then to the rig, the difference is night and day ............. any way, options options .........

Just like to say I have met many great people within the community along the way and have learnt a lot over the years, and I am sure I will continue to do so, enjoy the pics ..... :thumbsup:

klrE5JWm.jpg
HWh42D3m.jpg

zmHmq52m.jpg
11T4RcUm.jpg

4QSPbywm.jpg
iTSWzOtm.jpg

ilvejM1m.jpg
IFgLjdSm.jpg

2pTygdFm.jpg

DfktsVUm.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Folks looking at some amazing sim rig builds on here so thought I would share a project I have been working on recently, nothing overtly original but have been working my way up from many iterations of different kit, wheels have been Thrustmaster T500, Fanatec and now now Big MiGE Direct Drive, Rigs have been 'Wheel Stand Pro,' Rseat RS1 and now Simlabs P1, and with all the rigs there have been various shifters and pedals sets. Also dabbling with various transducers, exploring immersion from MiniLFE Sim Vibe Editions to the Larger Buttkciker Advance and Clarks Sythesis TST 239 Silver and most recently Sim Racing Studio's 'Power Wind Package' this is yet to arrive from the States but I thought why the heck not, and now with VR stapped to your head I though this may also double up as a good cooling solution on the longer runs :thumbsup:

I have yet to get final placements for the BK Advances on the Front, by getting these housed on to their base plates and then attach them to the Rig, and finally the BKA in the middle rear, this will also make its way onto its base plate, as just attaching directly to the 40mm profile you are only achieving 'half' of the energy impact from the transducer, attaching them onto their plates and then to the rig, the difference is night and day ............. any way, options options .........

Just like to say I have met many great people within the community along the way and have learnt a lot over the years, and I am sure I will continue to do so, enjoy the pics ..... :thumbsup:

klrE5JWm.jpg
HWh42D3m.jpg

zmHmq52m.jpg
11T4RcUm.jpg

4QSPbywm.jpg
iTSWzOtm.jpg

ilvejM1m.jpg
IFgLjdSm.jpg

2pTygdFm.jpg

DfktsVUm.jpg
Hi
Congratulations on the great choice!
I have the same chassis and enjoy some rumble feel that the powerfull servo translates to the seat. How are you finding those butt kickers in that position?

My new Simitek K2 setup with GTC seat+shifter mount+single monitor mount, T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition, T3PA pedals, i7/GTX970 mini-ITX, AOC G2790PX, Rii Mini i8+ RF keyboard and HyperX Cloud II headset.

Waiting for the seat to turn up
ljaXYdG.jpg

There's an online race happening, there's nothing else in the house
eC9PRVv.jpg

Finally the seat turns up
UKD2tKN.jpg

Coming from using a Frex seat mover in 80/20 in the past, it was an absolute breeze setting that lot up!

Hi
Congratulations on the great choice!
I have the same chassis and enjoy some rumble feel that the powerfull servo translates to the seat. How are you finding those butt kickers in that position?

Hi Motoliser ............ bit of a late response mate, hell of a week !!! :)

Be interested to know what you are using ......... The two REAR BKs in their now current positions now on their base plates on this P1 is absolutely brilliant, if you notice the middle rear BK and the two on the front are half bolted on top of the 40mm profile, when you test these Buttkickers against the two rear base plated buttkickers on the same volume settings you can not only feel the power difference but hear it too, the BKs attached to the plates makes a HUGE ...... HUUUUUUUGE difference. I recently purchased the extra 160/40 profile, cut it to the width of the rig to support the TSTSilver and again positioned mid rig on 'Extension Mode' SSW or Simvibe again great for Engine tone range :thumbsup:

This weekend I will be placing Front BKs onto their base plates and for the the BKadvance rear middle I will reposition this onto the vertical wall of the profile at the rear so will make a better fuller contact between BKA and rig profile, this BK is more about gear shift for me, with everything combined this setup should rattle your eyeballs out ;)

Other Kit on the way due next week is 'Power Wind' and I am the process of swapping out my Corsair SP2500 2.1 speaker setup, for the Orb Audio setup, both items are from the States, I received the Orbs yesterday, Hand Polished Steel and they look amazing against the Metal P1 rig. will take a couple of pics when all installed. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Motoliser ............ bit of a late response mate, hell of a week !!! :)

Be interested to know what you are using ......... The two REAR BKs in their now current positions now on their base plates on this P1 is absolutely brilliant, if you notice the middle rear BK and the two on the front are half bolted on top of the 40mm profile, when you test these Buttkickers against the two rear base plated buttkickers on the same volume settings you can not only feel the power difference but hear it too, the BKs attached to the plates makes a HUGE ...... HUUUUUUUGE difference. I recently purchased the extra 160/40 profile, cut it to the width of the rig to support the TSTSilver and again positioned mid rig on 'Extension Mode' SSW or Simvibe again great for Engine tone range :thumbsup:

This weekend I will be placing Front BKs onto their base plates and for the the BKadvance rear middle I will reposition this onto the vertical wall of the profile at the rear so will make a better fuller contact between BKA and rig profile, this BK is more about gear shift for me, with everything combined this setup should rattle your eyeballs out ;)

Other Kit on the way due next week is 'Power Wind' and I am the process of swapping out my Corsair SP2500 2.1 speaker setup, for the Orb Audio setup, both items are from the States, I received the Orbs yesterday, Hand Polished Steel and they look amazing against the Metal P1 rig. will take a couple of pics when all installed. :thumbsup:

Its looking great I am currently working on a new mod track. all time has been dedicated to that and therefore my rig remains the same. I am very keen to get those Bk Please keep us posted on your awesome project.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%