Show us your Rig / Cockpit

VR .. your IN the car..pick up apex better..
Personally find it much more immersive..at first I agree you think WTF !

Few day's and I was hooked, sold my fancy 27'' Gsync's.

Screen (s) you can see everything else in the room.
No contest VR for me.

Sexy monitor though ;-)

believe me i try hard 2 months non stop, i was really enjoying it, but couldn,t play iracing anymore lost 500 points and still after two months the dizzy factor wasn't gone.

here's my cockpit by the way

Attachments

• IMG_8949 (1).JPG
    IMG_8949 (1).JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_8950 (1).jpg
    IMG_8950 (1).jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_8948 (1).jpg
    IMG_8948 (1).jpg
    526 KB · Views: 637
VR .. your IN the car..pick up apex better..
Personally find it much more immersive..at first I agree you think WTF !

Few day's and I was hooked, sold my fancy 27'' Gsync's.

Screen (s) you can see everything else in the room.
No contest VR for me.

Sexy monitor though ;-)

VR will be great indeed but right now it's a blury mess.
The best I can describe the screen door effect is like puting your face against a old CRT TV.
I was amazed in the first days by an immersion never experienced before but also highly disapointed in the same proportion by the low resolution.
I tried hard to forget about the problem but every time I removed the VR I felt like a old man who finally finds his prescription glasses!!
As the time went by I felt more and more happy to remove the oculus them actually puting them on.
Also not being easy to quicly switch between VR and real world, created some sort of alienating vibe that contributed to degradate the experience...
Therefore I would like to see in the future a dedicated VR set for racing games in a shape of an helmet in which the screen can be easly tilted up like a visor and get back to the correct position in a split second.
Just my thoughts

Yes this monitor is great and I highly recommend it to everyone who shares my concerns about the current display alternatives.
WOW...your 49 inch Ultrawide Samsung QLED LC49HG90 Gaming Monitor...is awesome...any chance showing what it looks like from 'Cockpit' view in Sims that you may have:D:D...would like to gauge how much you actually see compared to Triple Screen.

WOW...your 49 inch Ultrawide Samsung QLED LC49HG90 Gaming Monitor...is awesome...any chance showing what it looks like from 'Cockpit' view in Sims that you may have:D:D...would like to gauge how much you actually see compared to Triple Screen.

Here is the best possible representation of my racing view experience.
The car is stationary and heres what I see when I turn my head:
In the pictures you can see the pixels but thats just on camera. You can get as close as you want and you will never see the pixels like that.
Just compare with the side of the screen and you will understand this is a camera related issue.
Also the last two pictures are taken from very far and dont represent the full immersion you get with this display.
20180216_132503_resized.jpg
20180216_132521_resized.jpg
20180216_132512_resized.jpg

Finally just to show that there's no such thing as streched image on ultrawide compatible games:
20180216_140259_resized.jpg
20180216_134600_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the best possible representation of my racing view experience.
The car is stationary and heres what I see when I turn my head:
In the pictures you can see the pixels but thats just on camera. You can get as close as you want and you will never see the pixels like that.
Just compare with the side of the screen and you will understand this is a camera related issue.
View attachment 236020 View attachment 236021 View attachment 236022
Finally just to show that there's no such thing as streched image on ultrawide compatible games:
View attachment 236023 View attachment 236024

that s awesome, is it working with all sims full screen ?

Interesting that iRacing has you set at 120. According to my calculations with the 49" ultra-wide you have, even sitting only 16" from center, the hFOV is 111 degrees. I asked because I've thought about replacing my triples with the Samsung 49" but concerned about the reduction in FOV. I think I might run experiment and hide a bit of the edges of my L/R screens and see how noticeable it is.

I take it you found no problem adjusting?

Also the last two pictures are taken from very far and dont represent the full immersion you get with this display.
Brilliant work, thanks for the photos....but when you have time could you show a cockpit shot in Assetto Corsa, any car will do, 'Taken from Very Far'...just so I could see the entire screen in cockpit view. Thanks

Interesting that iRacing has you set at 120. According to my calculations with the 49" ultra-wide you have, even sitting only 16" from center, the hFOV is 111 degrees. I asked because I've thought about replacing my triples with the Samsung 49" but concerned about the reduction in FOV. I think I might run experiment and hide a bit of the edges of my L/R screens and see how noticeable it is.

I take it you found no problem adjusting?
The FOV is very easy to adjust. Although you have less screen on the sides compared to triples I find it just enough to aim correctly for the apex. In fact it was the first thing I noticed when I drove for the first time with it.
It does give me all the ability to perform as well as in VR without having to be alianeted from the real world.
On top of that not having bezels on the way and having a crisp clear resolution definitely compensates the lack of more sideways view.
I think not many people would ditch this config if they tried it but as always it can be down to specific personal preferences.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%