Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Built mine out of mdf with 1x1 all the way around and have all kinds of wobble from the ffb.
Nothing major (depending on what you consider major) but contribute to loss of forces.
Mine used to be a four sided box with a flat bottom but has been majorly modified over the years and is now braced with a few 2x4.
Planning 80/20 in the long run.
Just a heads up.

Use 3 cm thick MDF and it will be more solid than any cockpit made of aluminium.

Reactions: knd
new kid in town....

Ready-wheel-1-Blur-768x432.jpg

I have the GT Omega wheel stand + rear seat frame + GT omega seat and their triple monitor stand and I do have similar drawbacks:

1) The seat/wheel/pedal alignment is indeed off center! I kept wondering if it was just me but I'm "glad" to see it wasn't just my imagination...they have to do a better job with quality control.

2) I wish the monitors position could be locked into place; it gets annoying when you finally have the perfect position and you click a button on the monitor and that pushes it out of alignment.

3) it would be nice if there was more of a fore/aft adjustment to the steering wheel (or pedals or both) as I had to find a compromise between being pedal distance and wheel distance (I'm 5' 8"). Yea that steering wheel height adjustment on your rig is horrible! I race mostly in short pants and I'd probably cut my leg on that all the time.

Man some of these rigs are mindblowing well done to all. It just proves no matter what budget you are on you can have some serious fun building these things

I have the GT Omega wheel stand + rear seat frame + GT omega seat and their triple monitor stand and I do have similar drawbacks:

1) The seat/wheel/pedal alignment is indeed off center! I kept wondering if it was just me but I'm "glad" to see it wasn't just my imagination...they have to do a better job with quality control.

2) I wish the monitors position could be locked into place; it gets annoying when you finally have the perfect position and you click a button on the monitor and that pushes it out of alignment.

3) it would be nice if there was more of a fore/aft adjustment to the steering wheel (or pedals or both) as I had to find a compromise between being pedal distance and wheel distance (I'm 5' 8"). Yea that steering wheel height adjustment on your rig is horrible! I race mostly in short pants and I'd probably cut my leg on that all the time.

i have the same feeling, i really need to buy PRO SIMU cockpit :) or Rseat

i have the same feeling, i really need to buy PRO SIMU cockpit :) or Rseat

That's too expensive for me right now so I'm gonna modify mine:

The pedal alignment is close enough but the wheel is slightly off, so I might just have to drill holes on the wheelbase plate to compensate.

For fore/aft wheel adjustment, I'm thinking if you take two short bars of 80/20 and use them as a sliding platform for the wheel deck, it just might work:
XPpYe6olgQX1ATUPZjoksH9aY6hriM1Bb8B_K_WWOG4

That's too expensive for me right now so I'm gonna modify mine:

The pedal alignment is close enough but the wheel is slightly off, so I might just have to drill holes on the wheelbase plate to compensate.

For fore/aft wheel adjustment, I'm thinking if you take two short bars of 80/20 and use them as a sliding platform for the wheel deck, it just might work:
XPpYe6olgQX1ATUPZjoksH9aY6hriM1Bb8B_K_WWOG4

Waou, you draw very well !!
i agree but i'm too lazy to modify like this, i have no tool :)
i will think about your idea, it's very nice !!
Where do you live, maybe you can ship me this modification :) ?

and yes the wheel is very too much close to me it's awfull, i'm not very well placed in this cocpit.

Waou, you draw very well !!
i agree but i'm too lazy to modify like this, i have no tool :)
i will think about your idea, it's very nice !!
Where do you live, maybe you can ship me this modification :) ?

and yes the wheel is very too much close to me it's awfull, i'm not very well placed in this cocpit.

I live in a remote part of the world so it's hard enough for me to get 80/20, much less make it for you...besides, you would need to bend straight or cut off the sides of your wheel deck and drill holes to connect to the 80/20 for it to work.

I live in a remote part of the world so it's hard enough for me to get 80/20, much less make it for you...besides, you would need to bend straight or cut off the sides of your wheel deck and drill holes to connect to the 80/20 for it to work.
Its bloody expensive also.i got a mate that ships a lot of stuff from china hopfully he can source some " samples" for me so i can try a few things.

Hi. Something different this time. This is my racing rig, made with MDF, mostly 30 mm and also some 19 mm-thick pieces. I will not paint it because I don't care about aesthetics and I wanted something sturdy, strong, cheap, more or less compact, and easy to build. For those who tell me I should worry about humidity affecting the mdf, I must say I live in a very very dry place, with almost no rain throughout the year. I've put a lot of hours in it, from the design to the building. Both the seat and the pedals are on rails. The driving position is rally-like. I spent many hours testing the position and distance of every element for the best ergonomics. As you can see, there's a sequential shifter, a handbrake, a button box, a small mouse and an extra button mount on the left (for quick access to wipers and other functions, especially on rally driving). I've also included wireless minimouse and minikeyboard. All the electronics are below the bucket seat. The connectors are on the front (audio for the shakers, hdmi for the dashboard monitor and usb for the hub which connects all the devices. For monitor I'm using a big TV on my desk, so I slide the cockpit when I want to play and connect the cables. I've been testing it today for the first time with Dirt Rally and it's amazing. No flex, no vibrations (apart from the bodyshakers haha), and a very comfortable position, with everything at hand. I like it and I'm happy I made it myself. Some photos:

mdfcockpit01.jpg

mdfcockpit02.jpg

mdfcockpit03.jpg

mdfcockpit04.jpg

mdfcockpit05.jpg

mdfcockpit06.jpg

mdfcockpit07.jpg

mdfcockpit08.jpg

mdfcockpit09.jpg

mdfcockpit10.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News