Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Thanks Rodney, my favourite is the DTM BMW M4 replica, the BMW GT rim and Mclaren 650S are tied for second.

Its a long way from a Logitech G27 and shifter clamped to a chair :)

One day we might get you onto SSW and feel that 650S with tactile to match your GS4 in braking, acceleration and lateral G. Then combining the tactile with audio (fonsecker mod), boosting the audio low frequencies that normally are not felt, with the right tools. All to bring you details to the tactile from the audio that no telemetry tactile on its own can offer.

Your missing out a lot with Simvibe and used on its own....
SSW mixed with audio in this way is more thrilling and has more useful tactile immersion to what the car is doing.

Last edited:
Its a long way from a Logitech G27 and shifter clamped to a chair :)

One day we might get you onto SSW and feel that 650S with tactile to match your GS4 in braking, acceleration and lateral G. Then combining the tactile with audio (fonsecker mod), boosting the audio low frequencies that normally are not felt, with the right tools. All to bring you details to the tactile from the audio that no telemetry tactile on its own can offer.

Your missing out a lot with Simvibe and used on its own....
SSW mixed with audio in this way is more thrilling and has more useful tactile immersion to what the car is doing.

Yeah i know, there's always room for improvement

Right now though it's too complicated already. When driving i'm running 4 different telemetry based apps in the ground.

- Simcommander ( GS + Simvibe)
- Simtools ( Wind sim )
- Platformmananger ( NLMv3)
- Crewchief (race engineer)

Very happy i got things work for almost every sim, but i feel a lot of hesitation starting all over and setting all those systems up when ever a new sim arrives. Adding SSW and tactile audio would raise that bar even higher.

About the Mclaren wheel, i produced a very small batch of Mclaren replica rims.

The left one is my own, the right one is sold and the middle one will become available for purchase when it's finished.

Just take delivery of a TrakRacer RS6. Fancied an RSeat, but out of stock and too expensive to ship to UK.

The RS6 is like a tank, and well made too - everything lined up perfectly. Seat is really comfortable. All in all, 5/5 - a great result!

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 10.19.55.jpg

ZlkgE23ewAJAbaSw1

I've got T3Pa Pro pedals on it with a conical rubber brake mod - so lots of pressure on the brake. No flex or movement whatsoever. The steel and bolts are such heavy gauge that it's just so solid it can't flex.

I was concerned before I got it too.

It's literally not a concern. You'll not regret it! :thumbsup:

See my comment above re pedal deck flex. It's so solid I can effectively 'stand' on the pedal deck with all my weight.

It's unlikely to be an issue.

Full disclosure - I did have a problem tightening up the wheel deck enough to stop it gradually moving and needing re-tightened. I contacted Trak Racer Australia to ask if there was a better way to do it technique wise, and they shipped me a revised deck with larger external bolts the very next day !

Superb customer service - I'm very pleased with the rig. Better than I'd hoped - and I pored over the pics, looking for potential shortfalls...

I think you'll find the wheel support columns to be a bit restrictive when you try to get in & out. Consider angling them and using a box structure for rigidity.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not fat and I think I will manage to enter the cockpit, considering too that the baquet will be install on rails, so I could move it backwards. Morever, race cars aren't easy to get inside too. As regards the box structure, I will consider it, but I'm trying to reduce costs and I think it will be very sturdy ( I will be using 3 cm width DM and some reinforcements.

Edit: I've modified my proyect. It's a bit more complicated because some tables require to cut shapes, but now it should be more comfortable.

Last edited:
Curiousity....

When feeling a good car on idle, (audio tactile only running) place your hands fingers and hold the head section,top of your seat in both hands. You should find this helps connect better with the felt sensation you are feeling.

Sooooooooooooooo.........

Paul considered at one point a BK unit on his wheel, dont think he got to test it.....

A test I'd like you guys with your awesome DD wheels is to try "audio-tactile" with some of the cars that offer better engine and idle audio sensation.

Have a unit installed so that this can be felt through your wheel.

My query is does this produce an effect similar to graspng seat with hands, does it help feel the engine any better or does it get lost?

I keep looking at my spare ADV for that Rod ;-)

There is no way that it's not flexing because of design. Same problem for RSeat RS1 pedal plate (pedal plate construction looks to be exactly the same).

I'd seen that youtube video before ordering. If there's flex, it's so minimal that I can't feel it, and I was acutely aware of it on the playseat plinth, which had much lighter steel. Also this hinge end sits almost halfway up the length of the pedal base, so there's little chance of pivot.

As I said I can literally stand on the pedal deck at the pedal end, and there's the tiniest deflection, however, it's less than I would have expected, so my pedal pressure - even with the conical mod, doesn't really compare to that. The RS6 deck doesn't flex *anywhere* as much as that video shows. He either hasn't tightened stuff up properly using tools, or that pedal resistance is ridiculous (I'm thinking he's maybe hand tightened stuff). The main problem with T3PApro deck is that it only has by default a row of bolt holes along the middle of the deck, so it can lift at the close end and 'hinge' on the row of bolts. I've taken care of that with about 10 mins with some additional bolts into the deck elsewhere.

I'd also taken note that RSeat also offer an improved deck for theirs - and had quietly thought I could install that if needs be - however, I'm 110% happy with the TrakRacer RS6 as it shipped, so no need.

Interestingly, I'm now around 3 seconds a lap quicker when driving Spa - I think it's because I can better modulate both accelerator and brake intensity - so overall it's a superb purchase.

Last edited:

Built mine out of mdf with 1x1 all the way around and have all kinds of wobble from the ffb.
Nothing major (depending on what you consider major) but contribute to loss of forces.
Mine used to be a four sided box with a flat bottom but has been majorly modified over the years and is now braced with a few 2x4.
Planning 80/20 in the long run.
Just a heads up.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%