Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Thank you. Regarding the pictures, is it specifically the inside of the cockpit you're after?

Nothing specific, just some pictures while in game to see how is the resolution as there are lot of different opinions and in a video I just don't see it clear how you see in the oculus...and I haven't found good pictures of them!

Nothing specific, just some pictures while in game to see how is the resolution as there are lot of different opinions and in a video I just don't see it clear how you see in the oculus...and I haven't found good pictures of them!

I couldn't get the Steam screenshot working so had to go down the Windows printscreen option to capture what the CV1 was rendering on-screen. Here are some shots and I hope they're useful.

NB click on the pictures and press the magnify button (top right of the image) when it takes you to the Photobucket link for a larger screenshot size.

For info, I'm running a GTX 1080 with 4x AA, 16xAF and a PPD (upscale value) of 1.5.

Last edited:
Thanks @Jeremy Roberts . So do you see it just like that through oculus lenses? That's quite good resolution in my opinion and dashboards are readable...!!

Yes, that's what it looks like in the CV1. The screen door effect / resolution does monkey around with some of the smaller fonts on the LCD panels / dials and makes them somewhat illegible unfortunately (some do remain perfectly readable though, particularly the analog ones). A small in-game app normally compensates for that though (although I would prefer it not to be necessary). A small price to pay considering the entirely different, immersive and, in my opinion, far better experience it brings with it though.

15319133_1408924059142169_2600414413003897005_n.jpg

15319278_1408924342475474_1689553194301737622_n.jpg

Simple but robust and very functional, TSS Cockpit Genesis. The Sparco seat is very comfortable and the 21: 9 monitor is perfect for those who do not have room for more.

Well, back playing AC (G27+H/PC) again, also now got a PS4(finally!) I had to get a new wheel for it so I got AC on that too. And pCARS.

Just in case GT Sport disappoints.....:D
Rigs.jpg

I just almost finished mine.
B2GjzNd.jpg

Aluminum profile, seat from a very sporty Prius (not), CAR HOLDER, got everything.

LTNPluf.jpg

Two variable angle joints allow the keyboard to move in and out very easily. However I did make a mistake of ordering an acrylic sheet a tad too small so now I really need a wrist support for my keyboard. It is much easier than I thought to safely drill acrylic. Black acrylic sheets really look good.

sZMilG8.jpg

Things are assembled to the measurement of my real life 2015 Subaru STI as close as possible. However the inverted pedals are a bit of a problem for me. I can't get the throttle back enough (real life measurement it should be 6cm behind the brake pedal), so ~3cm is like the most I could achieve. Also if I use exactly the measurements from my STI, the vertical poles that support the pedal mount wouldn't be long enough. But in a real car the floor also rises a bit. So it's really hard to make the pedals match the real car accurately. Currently I'm okay with the set up, but the pedals are a bit awkward: the throttle is not far back enough so heel-and-toe feels tricky, and the brake pedal is way too forward so if I drive with both feet in say a GT3 car my left leg can easily get tired.

dq6ec5X.jpg

I used acrylic sheets for both the keyboard support and the mouse/joystick platform. They look great. I just with them to be a bit bigger. Probably will order some new and larger ones.

I wasn't to happy with a pre-build racing rig which I recently purchased, to much flex and couldn't set my hardware like I wanted.
So I decided to build my own with system 40 aluminium profiles, MDF, carbon foil and PU leather.
I'm not quite finished, still got work to do.

My PC

MfVI87Dh.jpg

Previous old racing rig

X4MShFph.jpg

XJdK8d8h.jpg

New frame made out of system 40 profiles and parts, cut and assembled by hand

IidYI5hh.jpg

3IuR8Mvh.jpg

Keyboard and mouse tray

BrJH4kwh.jpg

Ready to race with the new seat (did anyone notice the wrench?) :D

1T0yUoqh.jpg

Sitting almost on the floor, center rim is around middle neck for proper handling.

fcr95cSh.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%