Show us your Rig / Cockpit

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My button box is nearly finished,
Its 6x4 enclosure with carbon water transfer finish.
It needs labels and two more toggles.
I made the fanatec uni hub lighther,
The pcb and enclosure is mounted to the side of the button box.
The quick release is mounted directly to the rim.
I want to fit a spacer to the quick release to move the rim closer to me.
It feels great and more alive.
It weights 900g
It was 1200g with the full uni hub and rim which is the same as the formula rim.

My latest upgrade : The GS-4 Seat from SimXperience

0NVXcAS.jpg

Seatbelts and buttkicker Mini LFE (rpm / gearshift) mouted to the back of the seat.
Two mini LFE's at the bottom for the simvibe chassis mode.

pxe1BFd.jpg

RU53oNo.jpg

New shifter mount, higher and closer the wheel with a buttkicker Mini LFE (gearshift / RPM)

dcj7G64.jpg

3jxC4S9.jpg

The adjustable bracket comes with the GS-4 seat

N4hUtys.jpg

The 4 panels in the highest position. I covered them with 10mm high density foam.
The buttkicker advance under the seat for Simvibe impact effects.

fsRWCRW.jpg

2h2Yk9v.jpg

The left panel in the highest positon and the right panel in the lowest position

Qz9Bsh5.jpg

O0UwmIE.jpg

GkpHuox.jpg

This seat has great potential. It really feels aweome.:D

I haven't even begun to fully understand it and still have to do a lot of fine tuning on the combination of :

GS-4 seat + Simvibe chassis + Simvibe extensions (pedals / seat / shifter)

AOsBJtf.jpg

This will take a lot of time, but the result will REALLY kick ass

JEALOUS! I want that seat real bad! But it's gonna be years until I can afford it, have space in my home for it and have reached the other upgrades I plan to do before getting to the seat (aka it's on my list for future upgrades).

What needs to pivot at the front and roll on Caster's at the back............YAW baby, Aka Traction loss.

Motor spacer out of 3/4" hardboard and 12" lazy susan

Main Gear Axle(will be changed to a 17-19T Vs the 14T i started out with, Turns out Im over my 360deg of rotation on my 360 hall effect pot im planning on using, So bigger motor gear= less Rotation on the pot. 17T is real close and want to have a little "head room" so as to not have to worry about hitting that "dead" spot on the pot.

Idle Gear and main gear Pre welding

As per the Pot i plan to run, I had to alternatively go with a larger gear (19T) to keep my rotation within the window i want. In turn I needed a larger Hub to weld onto, The Thing weighed a Tonne so went to buddy's place and played on his mill and lathe for a good hour or so.

The end result,

THE FINAL Gearing setup, Ive drilled the idle bolt and motor hole in the base already, so im 100% committed to this setup.

Chain drive failed miserably So onto a lever setup.

Had the option to redrill the base or go with the offset, Decided i can always drill more holes and centralize the motor if need be.

Base all screwed together

Lever is pointing towards from of rig.

Ok So finally got a day to play with the Traction Loss, Holy POOP!!!!!!! This is IMO More of a WOW experience than going from Static to a 2Dof seat mover. I built it to have 4" movement either side, At Full Stroke the motor Seriously snaps the neck if the cars Whipping back and forth, So much that In Crashes I found myself letting go of the wheel. Holding the Belts at my chest and "Bracing" for the impact.

The Overall Feeling of Not so much the Actual Rear end stepping Out, As there's Not a Game on this planet that actually outputs a "Traction loss" axis. Therefor the Software is left to its code thats been written to do what it does and IMO Simtools hit the nail on the Head. The feeling of Weight transfer, the feeling of the Tires squirming over, the VIOLENT snap when it kicks you is all there and i couldn't ask for much more. Looking at "other" softwares Traction loss setup's sometimes Dont looks at All to be Correct But then again that does all Boil down to the particular profile. Overall Im Super Duper impressed with the mod and If you have a seat mover i cant suggest this enough.

here's What she currently looks like.

So i wanted a 2nd monitor to adjust Simtools and Have a LARGE App diplay for telemetry and other stuff so After realizing i didn't want to run a 2nd 20'+ HDMI downstairs and effect my Overall Screen setup (mirror of my Desktop) I found this little guy on Ebay, http://www.ebay.com/...=item233d480f3a

Hooked it up and Whamo, Extended monitor. Didn't effect my Normal Mirrored screen and even allows me to use landscape or portrait mode and make a few more adjustments.

Next issue came as to where/how to mount the screen. I Looked at my Articulating TV mount on my big screen and thought, Pssh I can build that.

So here it is my own Custom Mount, Not Super pretty, but 99.9% of the time you dont see it at all.

and what the final product looks like,

I'm bewildered by how someone with a rig of that caliber and a seemingly bottomless wallet is not running triple monitors. 0o

Lol Bottomless wallet is pretty far from reality compared to some of my DIY Brother's, 1 Fellow has More in 80/20 ALONE than I do in my Entire Motion system. :confused:

So Triples, there a Door to the left and would make thing's a nightmare getting by the rig with the Stand's and since im soo used to the Large Single screen, I would need to go to 40+ and I haven't found a good enough deal on a pair or 1080 120hz screens. Next would be the PC itself, My 660Ti 2gig card was never bought to run triple's so While I do have a pair of 670 4gig cards and an intel 4790k being donated to me by a Good Friend, I honestly dont know if i want to invest in triple's when the Oculus might be right around the corner.

It is amazing just how creative you can get when you are given a challenging situation.

I could more or less do what I wanted within the limits of the cupboard, which is about 100cm deep and a fraction under 90cm wide but when the rig was not in use it had to be completely out of view.

One of the hardest things was finding away of creating enough space under the monitors to allow the seat to slide in far enough so that the door could be closed up. After many a headache and a lot of un suitable language I got it sorted but it was just a case of trial and error really.

Jason.

I know what you mean about space mate.

As my daughter is coming up to 19 and i often look at her room, well that's after ignoring the bombsite it looks like most days , and make plans in my head at just what sort of sim rig I may allow myself to have once she starts to feel the urge to spread her wings and move out.

The one thing I have found and this very topic proves the point very well is that sim racers can be very inventive in finding ways around problems, issues and challenges to add that extra sense of immersion to our racing.

Jason.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back