Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Edited post with higher res.

I think the major thing for me once the shiny feeling has worn off is stability.

The r3volution is like a rock, zero movement. The mounts are also stable, the CSS shifts are very solid and movement is well within acceptable limits, same with the warthog mounts.

Best cockpit tip, the "Race car" feel wears off, stability is key, also recommend separate monitor mounts in any cockpit your looking at, at least if your cockpit does have movement the screens won't wobble also.

Last edited:
Edited post with higher res.

I think the major thing for me once the shiny feeling has worn off is stability.

The r3volution is like a rock, zero movement. The mounts are also stable, the CSS shifts are very solid and movement is well within acceptable limits, same with the warthog mounts.

Best cockpit tip, the "Race car" feel wears off, stability is key, also recommend separate monitor mounts in any cockpit your looking at, at least if your cockpit does have movement the screens won't wobble also.
cool. thanks for the advice man. I was actually looking at the Ozone as the revolution is a little out of my price range. I need something that can serve as my cockpit and as a computer desk. So far the Ozone and the Revolution are the only commercial cockpits that seem to do this well.

The Ozones are highly rated, and probably the best for a desk replacement. The Acrylic desktops on the R3voloution are great for button boxes and the like but for paperwork and general work stuff it would be a higher trade off than the ozone.

Saying this it looks like the ozone tabletop is hard mounted, not sure how this will effect the stability of the g27 if you mounted it to the desktop, tho it still looks quite possible.

The keyboard trays look the same on both, if so be aware it can be bouncy, I have mine set up to come across and lay on my legs, still comfortable, and the design is really handy being able to move it out of the way.

The monitor mounts are mounted to the frame, how this effects the overall movement I couldn't tell you, but I do know the separate mount was a requested by ozone users when developing the r3voloution.

Edit: Stand alone mounts can be purchased separately if movement was not tolerable.

Maybe an ozone user can shed some light?

Last edited:
The Flat1 rim for the Fanatec Uinversal Hub with some modifications:

dGaRJjU.jpg

How do you rate this rim HoiHman? Tossing up between this and the carbon f1.

The Ozones are highly rated, and probably the best for a desk replacement. The Acrylic desktops on the R3voloution are great for button boxes and the like but for paperwork and general work stuff it would be a higher trade off than the ozone.

Saying this it looks like the ozone tabletop is hard mounted, not sure how this will effect the stability of the g27 if you mounted it to the desktop, tho it still looks quite possible.

The keyboard trays look the same on both, if so be aware it can be bouncy, I have mine set up to come across and lay on my legs, still comfortable, and the design is really handy being able to move it out of the way.

The monitor mounts are mounted to the frame, how this effects the overall movement I couldn't tell you, but I do know the separate mount was a requested by ozone users when developing the r3voloution.

Edit: Stand alone mounts can be purchased separately if movement was not tolerable.

Maybe an ozone user can shed some light?
Im almost considering building my own rig once I finish my basement. The Ozone would definitely be my choice if I go commercial. If I build one, Over time it could be exactly what I want

If you value your FFB, not sure the universal hub is the way to go. It appears to be quite heavy all by itself, let alone with a rim attached.

I certainly don't want that, I specifically bought the CSWB + BMW for the realism over the next competing product. The trade off is more than enough (price maybe not...lol) but any heavier and it wouldn't be.
Anyway can't discuss here (sorry Rupe) but thanks for the heads up, you guys are very helpful.

This is another good tip for T500RS users ;)

Small cooling upgrade
JC_fan.gif
done just over a year ago.
.. and still working VERY WELL :)

I have T500RS v5 ver ;) and when I open the base... :confused:
i decide to change genuine cooling fan :)

I saw some people advice Akasa fan 60 x 60 x 20 on gtplanet
but I prefer my own choice 5mm bigger and better quality as well ;)

I used Noctua fan which is TOP quality product
and cost £10.99 only :) !!!

NOCTUA NF-A6x25 - 60 x 60 x 25

427_image5670.jpg

825_image5669.jpg

798_image6005.jpg

905_image6010.jpg

... 3M double tape for installation...

571_clipboard04.jpg

164_image6186.jpg

505_clipboard05.jpg

513_image6203.jpg

Looks genuine !!! and U can close top cover as well :)

result ??? lower temperature
JC_fan.gif
:cool: and total silence :D

... simple ventilation upgrade :)

624_image6648.jpg

296_image6674.jpg

848_image6665.jpg

777_image6694.jpg

823_image6849.jpg

and on the end better grip.

418_image5927.jpg

500_image6091.jpg

879_image6093.jpg

266_image6095.jpg

Thrustmaster base still looks like genuine unit :whistling:
... nice and clean modification :)

ps. all this T500RS mods are my creation ;) Hope U like it
hi.gif
`Hey Remik I'm finally doing my Noctua fan upgrade but can I ask if I'm meant to have the fan pulling air away from the T500rs heatsink as in your photos with the noctua label facing away from the heatsink or should I be mounting it with the label towards the heatsink pushing air onto the heatsink. Cheers.

How do you rate this rim HoiHman? Tossing up between this and the carbon f1.
Love the rim, but for the modern F1 cars i prefer the formula rim.

For the classic formula cars, the LMP open wheelers this rim is awesome. You can also drive a normal road car with the Flat1 rim. With the formula rim this kind of funny.

Nice setup Petri, is that for TV on the left or are you running dual monitors?

THANKS, I USED TO PLAY WITH THE TV (LG 37LCD) BUT ONLY AT 720P. THEN WE BOUGHT THE NEW IMAC 27 FOR MY WIFE, NOW I USE THE BENQ 22 FROM MY OLD DESKTOP SETUP AT 1080P (SMALL BUT VERY CLEAR). AND I DONT THINK THAT PS3 SUPPORT DUAL MONITORS (CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG)

Mod Edit, Use lower case please..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fanatec has a real top product with their UVH. Create any rim for your wheelbase and the good thing is that (as far as we know) you can always use it with any new Fanatec product that will be released in the future.

Thomas confirmed that they intend to keep the modular design.

Last edited:
Mind you, while the quality don't come cheap, I do want the Fanatec CSR Base + F1 + GT wheel combo... Badly.

In other news, I might be in line to make a racing rig in the near future: Got to find a bucket seat, make measurements out of it, actually build it up (I'm thinking of wood or something to the tune of it, then spraying it down to get a typical roll cage feel), and then actually buy the gear... I'm thinking of something like this:
thrustmaster-t500-rs-review.jpg

Here's what I'm hoping my future rig looks like (without the stereo speaking on the back):
18n33bk94z28tjpg.jpg

Last edited:
Fanatec has a real top product with their UVH. Create any rim for your wheelbase and the good thing is that (as far as we know) you can always use it with any new Fanatec product that will be released in the future.

Thomas confirmed that they intend to keep the modular design.
I'm still wondering if they can offer all the modular parts separate. For people who have proper custom rims they won't need all the modular stuff, only a mechanism to bolt onto. I still have a sparco wheel and a load of buttons lying around, but 250 EUR is a bit steep for the universal hub if you ask me..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back