should I get this game?

So I fire up steam today to play some F1 2013 and I see this game on my feed. Before today I had not heard of it, which is weird because I'm relatively into sims. After some research, it seems like this is a pretty solid game with some potential. I've been eagerly awaiting Project CARS, but this may be an option for the meantime. I'm a huge fan of graphics, and this looks quite good too. Do you guys recommend it? How's the car customization?

I mostly play the F1 series for career, and used to play a shitload of forza 4 simply for the car customization and a fun, relaxed experience. Shift was alright, way too sloppy, but fun nonetheless. Been waiting for a solid, broad track game (similar to forza for its wide range of cars and tracks).

What pedals need is the progressive feeling you have on real cars (check nixim mod for g27 for example,there are expensive ones ,but it's a good start)
Hm, seems unlikely I'll find a mod specific to my pedals, I have a couple cheap wheels (DFGT and Wingman Formula GP) so I'm using 3 of the 4 pedals that came with them.

It just seems, with the amount of money a high-end wheel is worth, more people would be looking at mods to get real feedback in the pedals. I dunno. Maybe I should just get one of Fanatec's pedal sets

It just seems, with the amount of money a high-end wheel is worth, more people would be looking at mods to get real feedback in the pedals. I dunno. Maybe I should just get one of Fanatec's pedal sets
I have the CSR elite pedals, and while the pressure sensor is an improvement over the normal pedal it's still not like in a car. The clutch is still nothing much like a car. I think the only kind of feedback they offer for their pedals is the option to add ABS feedback.

so I've played a few hours now. I really dont see what all the warnings were about. with the track cars I'm able to get around with just the crossover assist, everything else turned off. ABS off takes getting used to with a few cars like the formula, but it's a very manageable game. the street cars are definitely harder to drive, so for now I'm gunna stick with the track-ready race cars. i love how you can customize the HUD too.

this might have happened once though haha..

AC_zps08bbb29b.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years