Should I buy AC?

I read some people saying the AI is good and racey and feels like you are racing humans, then others saying it is terrible. I wish I could try a demo to gauge my own opinions!

Edited that for you :)
And I (personally) dislike AI, but I dislike them in every sim...
Thanks for that lol. I like the ai in rf2 and gsce. But they could be better. It seems like ai in general has not come along at all. I seem to remember Geoff Cramond's gp games having great ai lol. I don't want hotlapper game

Physics wise is this a good game?

Thanks for that lol. I like the ai in rf2 and gsce. But they could be better. It seems like ai in general has not come along at all. I seem to remember Geoff Cramond's gp games having great ai lol. I don't want hotlapper game

Physics wise is this a good game?
Physics wise it is (one of) the best ;)
AC for me is a hotlapper or online racing game. Where the online part is here on RaceDepartment. Public is (like in everygame) a wreckfest.

AI in rF2 is solid, untill there is an incident and a car is in the middle of the track, pile-ups everywhere :') Also never try oval racing, the SC will take out 60% of the field lolol
AI is GSCE can't even complete a formation lap :p And when you start, they will slam you off in the first 3 turns
Atleast those are my experiences and they discouraged me to continue offline racing

Always had great fun with the older Geoff GP's AI, as well as the former F1 99-02 games. But that could also be related to me being a lot younger and not that picky

Physics wise it is (one of) the best ;)
AC for me is a hotlapper or online racing game.

AI is GSCE can't even complete a formation lap :p And when you start, they will slam you off in the first 3 turns

Yes. AI in AC respects you much more than in gsce (I bought gsce because of the "great AI" and physics and came back to AC).

It not perfect but it's good enough. Just like humans, mistakes and some strange movements. I like to think Maldonado is driving those cars and all gets logical then...

It's cheap, it's great, it's in development, it looks good, performs good and there are quality mods for free. Wait for a steam sale and go for it!

AI is not a criteria that I look for when buying a simracing game. Physics (FFB is in this category), content, multiplayer, graphics, community/modding and overall 'polish' of the game are some of the criteria.

Physics: Best for me, the only game where I can accurately tell what's happening and why through my g27 set.
Content: GT3/2 and I love GT racing, anything else simply bonus. Awesome road cars to blow off some steam on Kunos' engine is awesome.
Multiplayer: lacking when looking to other titles, but it is more than good enough however requires work and tweaking with 3rd party apps. Public servers are being monitored now with apps, online play is slowly improving.
Community/Moding: amazing, the pipeline for content looks staggeringly impressive.
Graphics: Best for me again, they look believable and life like.
Overall Polish: 8-9/10

Bonus it's made by Italians, so its got Pass10nZ.

Great content & tracks, but the AI is still quite poor, and you are right about the AI in general not coming on in all these years, we have these super computers to run these Sims but AI seems to be a big obstacle for the creators in general I guess.
For me, rF2 is by far the best out there at the moment(AI)........

Bonus it's made by Italians, so its got Pass10nZ.
When you say Pass10nZ, Cristian, do you mean this?
noticia-060213.jpg

The game is awesome. I highly recommend it! Unfortunately the AI is not all that great. It is unduly slow on many tracks and doesn't really know how to overtake properly. They still sometimes get "stuck" behind you even if you lap 2-3 seconds slower per lap with a damaged car.

I'd say AC has the aggression perhaps a bit too low which may be causing issues. Then again this means the AI races quite clean (except when it bugs out and they drive like Maldonado but this is quite rare and usually is started by the player making unrealistic decisions like kriss crossing the track).

If you are stingy with the moolah then perhaps wait for a sale (which seems to happen quite often) but otherwise I'd say just go ahead and purchase it. Remember to get the ridiculously awesome DLC too!!! Especially the Nordschleife in the first dream pack. It's by far the best rendition of the track ever created, in my opinion and exceptionally fun to just hotlap.

Also, if you buy the game, don't get discouraged by the default FFB settings. You have quite a lot you can tweak to get it a lot better.

Cheers!

Still on the fence. I want the ai to challenge me and have a good race. Weird how some are happy with the ai and some think it's rubbish. Is it getting better with each update ? Is it something the developers are working on?

AI is solid, just treat them as humans and they will not cause any trouble.
People always trying to trick AI and outbreak them etc. People will cause 95% of accidents and will blame AI. Truth is that a human player , wouldn't be in position to avoid the contact either.

I own rF2, R3E, GSCE , AC and i tried PCars.
There is no perfect sim but IMO , the AC is the best overall.

AI is very poor, far too many apologists for by far the worst bit about AC, devs are never gonna spend time on AI if ppl giving it all kind of excuses for poor performance,if you think AC ai is good then I really doubt you have much experience with decent AI at all, with latest patch was first time I was able to get through 1 complete race,since getting it in alpha, with out MAJOR incident, but even when it behaves, its bland boring and just sometimes outright weird,I should also mention dont even bother trying most mods both tracks and cars, AI will BARELY work with a small selection of Offcial cars and track combos, but even that's a random experience,and totally forget about Mixed grids, even bloody GT2\3 struggle with each other, and if you been enjoying proper race features in RF2 say good bye to them also.

Saying all that driving experience is pretty good, I call it my Chris Harris\top gear simulator, I think that's a perfect description for it, so unless you had fantasies of pretending to be on top gear , reviewing cars, Id wait for a decent sale, it should indeed come with a demo, however you could try a "steam trail" buy it and refund if under 2 hours.

I agree with the above, the AI is decent on some tracks and just downright terrible on others. Most of the inconsistencies is on mod tracks.
I had a race of Nordschleife last night, the racing was OK but when I slowed to a crawl to tinker with a few settings the AI just stopped behind me or just crawled past me. Very strange.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back