Should AC business model be more like iRacing's ?

edit : A great post by Tom Van Put on page 5 that sums my thoughts pretty well :
The best part about iRacing, in my eyes, are the sanctioned races they organise through their servers.

I really hope AC is considering something like that. They just have to make sure it isn't mandatory.

I prefer leagues over racing on public servers. But I don't always find a league that fits my needs or at timeslots that suit me. Racing on open, unsanctioned, servers is just terrible...

So if AC would impliment some sort of organized and sanctioned races with a championship structure this would be a great ad-on.
They don't have to do this for every car but only for some popular series that would apeal to a big audience. eg:
  • Le Mans Series
  • GT3 races
  • Lotus Racing Series
  • Historic DTM Racing
  • Formula (1) Racing
  • Historic Formula racing
Charge a few euros a month for this for those who are interested and other people can just play the game off-line or in leagues.

One thing a lot of people always seem to forget when they are on the internet is that a company needs to make a profit to create new content or new games. You can't get everything for free or at a cheap price and expect the best product/game ever.

so yeah, I agree thoroughly with this post. In my opinion, fixed schedule races are very convenient, people can plan their evening knowing they'll take part of a certain race without wondering what servers/races will be up (which often demotivates me from setting up my rig and launching rfactor/netkar/..). So originally I was thinking about something like this :

- you buy the game 40/50 euros with all the cars and tracks they announced so far. You can buy DLCs packs later.
- you can race AI and people on servers you host.
So far nothing changes.
- (optional) you pay a small monthly fee (5/10 euros) to access high speed servers with iRacing-like services : series, events, licenses and eventually leaderboards. The irating system is awesome too, it keeps people avoiding mistakes and wreckages.

I'm aware many won't agree. But seeing how many sims have failed to keep their customers when iRacing succeeds, I think Kunos shouldn't be afraid to copy their system and services. They're so expensive because they have no competition, and Assetto Corsa's potential is huge. If it becomes a cheaper version of iRacing with better physics and graphics, they get to swim in pools of money, and we get the best racing experience. Win-win.

Last edited:
Ok since you write like a 5 year old let me see if we can agree on some things.

AC and iRacing issues licenses to people, AC has no timelimit of usage.
iRacing does. (which can be extended given you pay)

Agreed?

You don´t own any of the games at any point in time, just a form of license.

Agreed?

Once you have agreed to these, go back and read my first post to you.
You´ll see that if you had read it from the start, you would have agreed to that too but you think and write like a 5 year old, and instead rambles about jibberish which makes the discussion go a totally different direction.

Is that clear enough for you?

Ok since you write like a 5 year old let me see if we can agree on some things.

AC and iRacing issues licenses to people, AC has no timelimit of usage.
iRacing does. (which can be extended given you pay)

Agreed?

You don´t own any of the games at any point in time, just a form of license.

Agreed?

Once you have agreed to these, go back and read my first post to you.
You´ll see that if you had read it from the start, you would have agreed to that too but you think and write like a 5 year old, and instead rambles about jibberish which makes the discussion go a totally different direction.

Is that clear enough for you?
No, iRacing doesn't "issue" licences, they rent you the game. I'm not sure if you really believe the non-sense that you write, if you're trolling, or replying to me just for the sake of replying something. All of this completely ignoring the strong points that i continue to slap you on the face with.

And i suggest you look up what licence actually means.

No, iRacing doesn't "issue" licences, they rent you the game.
Oh it´s a license you better believe that.
It´s a license with a condition, plain and simple.

iRacing.com grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of our sites and not to download (other than page caching) or modify them, or any portion of them, except with express written consent of iRacing.com.
http://www.iracing.com/membership/conditions-of-use/

I'm not sure if you really believe the non-sense that you write, if you're trolling, or replying to me just for the sake of replying something. All of this completely ignoring the strong points that i continue to slap you on the face with.
Well first of all, it´s facts. Second of all, you have no strong points.

What you have is plain gibberish that any 5 year old can come up with.
You continuously disregards facts and how the world really works.
You have to be a complete moron to think you have slapped anyone in the face with anything.

And i suggest you look up what licence actually means.
Well i know for a fact you don´t have any clue what license means.

The word license means "To give permission"

A license may be granted by a party ("licensor") to another party ("licensee") as an element of an agreement between those parties. A shorthand definition of a license is "an authorization (by the licensor) to use the licensed material (by the licensee)."

In particular, a license may be issued by authorities, to allow an activity that would otherwise be forbidden. It may require paying a fee and/or proving a capability. The requirement may also serve to keep the authorities informed on a type of activity, and to give them the opportunity to set conditions and limitations.

Mass distributed software is used by individuals on personal computers under license from the developer of that software. Such license is typically included in a more extensive end-user license agreement (EULA) entered into upon the installation of that software on a computer. Typically, a license is associated with a unique code, that when approved grants the end user access to the software in question.

The only fact you need to know is that you have the intelligence of an egg.
It´s obvious the lights are on but clearly there´s nobody at home.

I can´t wait for the reply, this is so much fun.

I'm not even going to bother with you anymore, you've clearly lost touch with reality by now, it's not i can lose my time proving every dumbass wrong. I'm glad thought that you're "having fun" showing how clueless you are on a forum at 1 AM. That must be so exciting for you.
And this was the last we ever heard from him before the train of facts ran over him.

It´s one thing to argue about opinions and whatnot but facts, even you can´t deny those.
If you had some bullets left you would have fired them.

To end all of this, a nice little quote from none other then LaFAIL himself.
Your argument is so stupid that you don't know what to say anymore, lol.

Which coincidentally has been proven below. Just air no firepower.
I also noticed you removing the word retard.....yes i was quick enough to see that one..

Last edited:
You have yet to post one single fact. The only thing that you desperately trying to prove is that when you buy a game, you buy a licence, go ask every developer in the world, see what they have to say about it.
You're wrong but you keep insulting me to "win" at every cost, to prove you're wright but have yet to answer my question. So i'll ask again, when you buy a Ferrari, do you have the permission to make copies of it and sell them ? No you don't BUT you own that Ferrari. It is the same thing with Assetto Corsa. It just seems your logic mechanism just can't kick in, or isn't even there.

I also noticed you removing the word retard.....yes i was quick enough to see that one..
Oh i had no doubt, seeing as you live your life and have fun on this forum i didn't believe for 1 second that was going to escape you. Must be so proud of yourself right now.

Last edited:
You're wrong but you keep insulting me to "win" at every cost, to prove you're wright but have yet to answer my question.

I'm not sure if you really believe the non-sense that you write, if you're trolling, or replying to me just for the sake of replying something. All of this completely ignoring the strong points that i continue to slap you on the face with.
I thought a 5 year old could understand this ?
What facts ? You posted a very stupid example of what you think "owning" a thing means.
Other dumb things to say ?
Your argument is so stupid that you don't know what to say anymore, lol. I don't contradict myself, my example works, not sure what's wrong with you.
You should look up the word IRONY. I´m sure you´ll love it.
But beware, there will be facts there so tread lightly...

So i'll ask again, when you buy a Ferrari, do you have the permission to make copies of it and sell them ?
Clearly you haven´t been paying attention at all.
If you took anything from this discussion you would know the answer to that question already.

Last edited:
Clearly you haven´t been paying attention at all.
If you took anything from this discussion you would know the answer to that question already.

So i'll ask again, when you buy a Ferrari, do you have the permission to make copies of it and sell them ? No you don't BUT you own that Ferrari. It is the same thing with Assetto Corsa. It just seems your logic mechanism just can't kick in, or isn't even there.

Tell me why i'm wrong, i insist. Oh yeah, you can't, you've been avoiding this question all day, you don't and will never have a valid answer because you're so wrong it's amazing you're still going on with this argument. You aren't even able to come with your own jokes, what am i expecting here...

Last edited:
Hmm....how nasty it gets.....from different points of view....and you guys both try to make the other think alike.....no chance but instead trow insults to eachother....Do this via PM but it feels better to show to the rest of us who is right...There is no respect in this days...for anything and people wonder why we are so "edgy"...:sick:

So i'll ask again, when you buy a Ferrari, do you have the permission to make copies of it and sell them ? No you don't BUT you own that Ferrari. It is the same thing with Assetto Corsa. It just seems your logic mechanism just can't kick in, or isn't even there.
First of all i have to say how funny it is that when you got hit with facts, you did not want to talk anymore, then you looked through everything and found your last lifeline. Now all of a sudden it´s go time it seems :)

But to the question
(which for some reason you answered yourself, i thought it was for me?)

Are you really sure about it being the same as Assetto Corsa?
This is for your own arguments sake.

You got about 12 hours thinking about the response to that question. Make it count.

On topic- I dont think we have to worry about finding racing on AC. Plenty of people from the bottom to the top of the skill spectrum have said they are done with iRacing after AC comes out regardless of the online structure.

For what it is worth, the "pricing model of iRacing" has nothing to do with structured competition. Where is it written that a game/or racing sim of any kind must have a monthly fee of some sort in order for there to be structured competition.

First of all i have to say how funny it is that when you got hit with facts, you did not want to talk anymore, then you looked through everything and found your last lifeline. Now all of a sudden it´s go time it seems :)

But to the question
(which for some reason you answered yourself, i thought it was for me?)

Are you really sure about it being the same as Assetto Corsa?
This is for your own arguments sake.

You got about 12 hours thinking about the response to that question. Make it count.
What the....NONE of what you wrote makes any sense, and it took you a good 2 hours of thinking. And you did not even try answering my question, i KNEW you would post some non-sense comment. This proves you have no idea what you're talking about, let alone "facts", not even one. "Are you sure bla bla?" How pathetic.

This is it, ignore list, goodbye. Go argue with the walls if you want, they won't comment back hehe. Have "fun".

13455811671630616551Spy%20Smiley.svg.hi.png

We were informed by the forum spy that people were posting personal insults which are removed by now.

The forum spy also carries a proper gun when he is not on the phone so beware!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%