Shock News: Mercedes to Quit DTM Post 2018

You getting all these racing series without commercial interruption in CBS Sports? On my DirectTV, CBS Sports has a lot and I mean a lot! of commercials and they edit and condense the DMT races. The commercial ruin the fun in watching the racing, you miss a lot of action. F1 here in the USA is the same on NBCSN Sports as well, the reason I get F1 on the net from Sky Sports with no commercials or interruptions.

What no more silver star in DTM ?? ^%$#%#@%# :poop:
I love the DTM ,the cars are so sexy:p !
Im in the US and get all the DTM races plus Trans Am series, Ausy super cars, GT3 ,IMSA ,BTCC Blancpain, Pirelli WC, they cover it all ! my DVR is full of them (as I set to record them all :D ) most of them are on CBSSNH via satellite (DTV) .. FIA World Endurance Champ is on FS1 .. so just depends on how bad you want to see them ,we have it all in the US to so just have a look around ...:)
Yesterdays DTM in Russia was a win for the Mercedes guys to all be it I think it was the first win of the season ? ..! shame they are pulling out .. Then to have them go to the sewing machine series I:rolleyes:.. just a sign of the times I guess.. Highbred over fossil fuel & all .. less pollution bla bla .. hope someone takes there place Audi vrs BMW is still cool but the top 3 manufactures going at it is what makes it so fun to watch ..

I love how so many people at RD bash Formula E...better learn to love it because that's where the companies are going to get the best bang-for-their buck. Ferrari will be the next major manufacturer to enter the mix and one of the American giants will probably enter soon after.

Deal with it people, its the way of the future!
BWAHAHAA!!! No, i'm not gonna watch washing machine-racing. I am a MOTORSPORT-Fan! Even if all major series go for electric, i go rather watch a lawnmover-racing with engines for all it's noise and smell's and fun and all, at least it is true racing... With athmosphere and everything, or if not even that, it's time to say goodbye to racing. You can go watch those things if you only believe what these BIIIG companye's tell you, what is wrong and what is right. If you want to give your money for them, do it. But we have seen this before, and we see it all the time, it's just what you believe. Big companye's and their marketing and all tell's what is the future and blaablaa and people just go like yeah... Then after year's after believing it hit's you... The disappointment... They only wanted your money, and what's left? And yes, i give my money for there where is ENGINES, with fuel oil smoke noise... If i want to give it for something with electric-motor. I think the next move is to buy, Yes! A new washing-machine!

You getting all these racing series without commercial interruption in CBS Sports? On my DirectTV, CBS Sports has a lot and I mean a lot! of commercials and they edit and condense the DMT races. The commercial ruin the fun in watching the racing, you miss a lot of action. F1 here in the USA is the same on NBCSN Sports as well, the reason I get F1 on the net from Sky Sports with no commercials or interruptions.
No they have commercial's and you do miss a lot BUT I have them recorded so I fast forward threw all the garbage ,main reason I don't watch them live is so I can get threw the commercials ! lol But I do get them :geek:

The writing is on the wall, all types of motorsport will be going electric/hybrid over the next decade. The majority of car manufactures will use it for road car development, we all know this.

This electric cars hype is so sad. Even more so because curently they are not eco-friendly at all. But I understand that money is there and it is good for image.

Good. Dtm is rubbish. The manufacturers are are wasting massive budgets on it and the racings terrible. Kill it off.

I am saddened.

For some years around the mid 2000s I was an avid DTM fan and never missed a race. The old battles between Ekstrom and Paffett were really exciting. I still think Norisring 2005 is possible the most exciting, eventful motor race I've ever seen.

As it happens I watched one of the DTM races last weekend and thought it was, just, sterilised. Robbed of any good racing by flimsy suspension and over-zealous stewarding.

I think DTM's time has passed and Mercedes' timing is probably good. If not Formula E then something else, but probably not DTM any more.

Sad, but the right time.

Very sad news indeed. I love DTM. Don't watch it much because I can only catch it when I get a chance sometimes on a certain channel (CBS Sports) and even with that it is all edited and condense with thousands of commercials!.

You see, here in the USA there is a right wing racing series called Nascar that they try to brainwash us with. They air it 24 hours a day seven days a week!...Nascar Nascar Nascar!!!!!...SMH. So we here in the USA don't get to see all the the great European racing series that are available to some of you lucky Euro people. It's really sad.
Do they not show it live on YouTube in the USA, here the UK lots of motorsport is shown live on YouTube

Very sad news indeed. I love DTM. Don't watch it much because I can only catch it when I get a chance sometimes on a certain channel (CBS Sports) and even with that it is all edited and condense with thousands of commercials!.

You see, here in the USA there is a right wing racing series called Nascar that they try to brainwash us with. They air it 24 hours a day seven days a week!...Nascar Nascar Nascar!!!!!...SMH. So we here in the USA don't get to see all the the great European racing series that are available to some of you lucky Euro people. It's really sad.
Right Wing?

I thought they turned left ??

DTM may have always been rubbish (besides the cars being good to drive), but electric cars are little more than a gimmicky fad right now, and that's not going to change any time soon as the FE cars can't even go longer than 20 minutes right now. Peculiar decision that reinforces the idea that F1 needs to distance itself from manufacturers in order to thrive again.

There are quite good points for Mercedes to leave DTM.
1. 2019 will bring new engines (2.0 Liter turbocharged) but no new competitors, so it will be still a three-brand-championship and it's no a very interessting one. ITR is/has been considering to use one-make engines, which would have been made by a external manufacturer (like Gibson for LMP2s)
2. From 2018 on, the ARD (germanys largest public-service broadcaster) will not renew the contract, so DTM will get much less audience on TV (the numbers were declining over the years)
3. ITR has upset all three manufactures with changing the rules for the penatlty weights without even talking to the manufacturers
4. ITR is considering to entirely get rid of penalty weights, which is not in favour of the manufacturers as this will most likely leads to a dominating brand.

On the other hand Formula E offers a lot of opportunities for Mercedes as E-Something is currently hyped.
For the general public an engagement in Formula E is considered as future oriented while DTM is "oldschool".
And while DTM is so much generalised Formula E is muchs more open and as soon as they get rid of car swaps and start to race on "real" race tracks, it will gain much more attention.

I believe the DTM (especially it's current form) will disappear. And it's mainly ITRs fault. The only thing it shares with it's popular predecessor is the acronym (literally, because old DTM gone "bankrupt" and became ITR). But the fun and the fascination of the old DTM have never been in reach for the new DTM.
They should have based on the real cars instead of the silhouette. They would have been much slower, but the identification and the racing would have been much better.

O mio dio, ho letto bene? Formula E? Non capisco come potrebbe interessare chiunque guardi gli aspirapolveri per trasformarsi in città, ma sempre più deluso ...

The writing is on the wall, all types of motorsport will be going electric/hybrid over the next decade. The majority of car manufactures will use it for road car development, we all know this.
I disagree completely. Motorcycle racing will not be entirely swamped by this fad of Green Earth Electric racing. There might be a class in the TT but that's the only one and they are thinking of dropping that next year due to the dominance of one manufacturer and most of the fans go and get pint and burger when it's on.
There will always be Petroleum based bike racing as long as I have hole in my a'rse. :)

It's a shame that most European motorsport programs and regulations are being driven more and more by marketing requirements rather than the love of going motor racing.

I have no issues with Formula E apart from the fact that most of the circuits are seriously bland. Maybe as battery tech improves they'll be able to have circuits with more high speed and less hard braking areas (which are needed to try and re-gen the batteries).

I was watching the YouTube preview of the American round and there was about of a 3rd of the circuit where the cars would have to go through single file, and this is in America! You guys have the widest city roads ever, have some fun with the circuit and make use of it! :)

DTM has become slightly processional I will agree. I watched some of the races this year and although the cars are still spectacular, the lack of racing recently is a bit of a disappointment. Although when I saw them many years ago at Donington I will admit there wasn't much passing there either (although they sounded and looked fantastic).

Anyway, here's the new 2018 Indycar (in oval spec) nice fruity turbo engine, lots of ground force aero and looks sexy too. I feel a bit better now :)

indycar-indycar-2018-unveil-2017-the-2018-chevrolet-indycar.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years