Shift ffb effect

Any way to get a ffb effect when shifting? Other games have that option, and it makes shifting feel more immersive. Is there a hidden code in one of the config files, or perhaps a mod? I'm using a G27 and manual shifter. Cheers and thanks

OwE0Q_s-200x150.gif

Like i say I'll put it down to being lost in translation, Steffano can come across as very prickly and i get that, its his baby, but he also sold his baby on to the highest bidder....

Shift effect is no more arcade than say an effect that over does under-steer or road feel, so long as you can turn this stuff off then great, no?
No need to contaminate stuff with saying 'arcade' etc etc.
look up the meaning of arcade for a start......

Shift effect is no more arcade than say an effect that over does under-steer or road feel, so long as you can turn this stuff off then great, no?
No need to contaminate stuff with saying 'arcade' etc etc.
look up the meaning of arcade for a start......
Those effects are arcade because they are not generated by the car physics through the steering wheel.

If the car had a wheel force jerk when you change gear then the car in the sim should have it as well. For example if you try the alfa romeo giulietta (paddle shifter version) in the sim and change gear in a corner you will feel a knock on your steering wheel. On my G27 this force is not nice at all, but someone explained that on this giulietta FWD car happens as: "The kick happens because the torque goes from (full) power to engine cut (no torque or maybe even torque from engine/gearbox inertia in the opposite direction) back to (full) power again."

Shift effect is no more arcade than say an effect that over does under-steer or road feel,

nobody is selling those effects as "realistic" tho... so I don't see where you are trying to go with your line of reasoning.
Definitely I am not, my suggestion is actually to turn them all off... so just like future-to-be shift effect, it's cool and stuff.. but there is nothing "realistic" about it.
If enough people want it and it doesn't cost me that much to code it then why not? But for sure you won't see me going around declaring it is "realistic".

Definitely I am not, my suggestion is actually to turn them all off... so just like future-to-be shift effect, it's cool and stuff.. but there is nothing "realistic" about it.

Personally, except a very few percent of kerb effect ( and I might turn it off also as I hear their sound effect ), they're all off .... as I mostly really feel "fake effects" or unrealistic effects are sometimes more hiding the needed ffb informations than anything else.
Maybe worse as I'm using a G27 wheel and it's not the perfect model to accept easily and perfectly too many vibrations ( noise and possible problem source ).

Maybe I'd think another way if I had a dynamic cockpit .... making everything vibrating and not only the wheel. ;)

nobody is selling those effects as "realistic" tho... so I don't see where you are trying to go with your line of reasoning.
If enough people want it and it doesn't cost me that much to code it then why not? But for sure you won't see me going around declaring it is "realistic".

Fair point, well made. I agree.
To further explain my reasoning, having done track days and been alowed out to test racing cars and having driven on roads for the last 20 odd years I need a few bells and whistles to make up for the lack of "seat of the pants" personally. Not for everyone and may not be totally 'real', but it just adds a bit of extra feel for those of us who are lucky enough to do stuff on track in real life, although not as much as i'd like to hence my love affair with sim racing...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%