Shift ffb effect

Any way to get a ffb effect when shifting? Other games have that option, and it makes shifting feel more immersive. Is there a hidden code in one of the config files, or perhaps a mod? I'm using a G27 and manual shifter. Cheers and thanks

For me the Slip Effect is more a kind of vibration when your rear is stepping out.
Shift FFB is meant to be like in RaceRoom where you get a little "kick" in your hands when shifting. It's really nice!
AC has a very subtle shifting effect on only a few cars. Also when you lock up the wheels without ABS, the wheel get's a bit lighter and you feel the wheel pulling very subtle in one direction.

I would like to get both enhanced!

For the motors in the pedals: The ONLY situation when that would be realistic is when the ABS is kicking in. But I don't need that to be honest

Last edited:
Rasmus, you're absolutely right about R3E. The shift effect for that game is great, makes shifting feel much more realistic.
Ps: Thanks for your G27 ffb advice on your other thread. I"m using your gamma settings (slightly modified), and it feels great. Also tried your Lut settings, but I prefer the gamma option (for now). Also, using Lut and having a ffb value greater than 0 at zero will cause a slight ffb motor whining when standing still. Anyways, thanks for the effort!

makes shifting feel much more realistic.

meh... "cool" for sure, good for immersion... why not? but "realistic"? Not really.
It'd just belong to the list of "canned" effects... we'll see what we can do about it, but please at least don't try to sell some arcadish fake effect as "realistic"... clearly not needed if we want to have a serious conversation.
Want to "feel" gear changes? Get a motion simulator.. at that point we could get into the realm of "realistic" talking.. but a steering wheel that rotates left and right because of a gear change in a non FWD car? In which world would that be consider realistic?

but a steering wheel that rotates left and right because of a gear change in a non FWD car? In which world would that be consider realistic?

In R3E I don't think the shift effect moves the wheel left and right, it just kinda sends a jolt through the wheel (like if you went over a big bump) and it is kinda cool. No idea how "realistic" it is, it's easy to think that in a race car with a robust sequential shifter you might feel a similar thump when you shift, but that's pure speculation since I've never driven anything like that.

wheels don't have "jolts"... it's simply a torque jerk.. but it's still left/right.

So you're saying I should not be pouring this into my wheel before every race?

caffeine-jolt.jpg

Well, that explains a lot... :whistling:

wheels don't have "jolts"... it's simply a torque jerk.. but it's still left/right.

meh... "cool" for sure, good for immersion... why not? but "realistic"? Not really.
It'd just belong to the list of "canned" effects... we'll see what we can do about it, but please at least don't try to sell some arcadish fake effect as "realistic"... clearly not needed if we want to have a serious conversation.
Want to "feel" gear changes? Get a motion simulator.. at that point we could get into the realm of "realistic" talking.. but a steering wheel that rotates left and right because of a gear change in a non FWD car? In which world would that be consider realistic?

Having driven FWD track focused cars and a FWD MINI supercooper cup race car around Silverstone I can tell you that Racerooms "jolt" gear change effect is pretty spot on with FWD cars.
But hey here is the beauty of it, you can turn the effect OFF, if you want to....
It's all smoke and mirrors at the end of the day, it is fun and it is rewarding being able to take many different cars out for a spin around many different tracks around the world in the space of an evening without leaving the house, I do take it seriously to the degree of wanting a good experience and a feeling similar to my real world experiences which for the most part i do get with most of these sims with a few varying degrees and also using only a Thrustmaster TX.
Plenty of canned effects in AC and I don't hold that against it because you can turn them off. Options are good...I even learnt to love the Project Cars FFB options!!

Point is raceroom may have a canned gear change effect but it works and i like it, if i didn't i could turn it off...where is the issue?

no issue at all, that's why I said we'll look into it
:rolleyes:

OK maybe lost in translation but this came across a bit stand offish and arrogant, at least to me.
You said:
" we'll see what we can do about it, but please at least don't try to sell some arcadish fake effect as "realistic"... clearly not needed if we want to have a serious conversation."

I know you are used to conversing with sycophants hanging on your every word, but to me I play all types of racing games as i find joy in each one so have no bias so just say it as i see it.
And whist i'm at it, just how 'arcade' is a time trail mode with gates to pass through to get time boost...thats Out Run compagno

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back