Shelby GT350 VS Ferrari 250 SWB @ Bridgehampton - Tuesday July 6th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

gt350vs250swb.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Shelby GT350 VS Ferrari 250 SWB (Download HERE)
Track: Bridgehampton (Download HERE)
Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

MY Setups:

Attachments

• CD250.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 266
  • CDGT350.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 220
OK, I need help! (queue the normal jokes...)

I have real problems staying on the track at T1, and also at the end of "the valley of the lefts" because of the bumps. Do I really have to slow down that much to get round the corners without eating tumbleweed? I just can't stay on the circuit, and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks for the tips Knut!

Typically, my first lap with someone watching I beat my pb by about 1.5 seconds :rolleyes:

However, I wasn't quite as slow as I thought, so with the application of some superglue to my tyres I may be ok

Thanks for the tips Knut!

Typically, my first lap with someone watching I beat my pb by about 1.5 seconds :rolleyes:

However, I wasn't quite as slow as I thought, so with the application of some superglue to my tyres I may be ok

Yeah, when I saw your lap I was thinking "what's the problem here:confused:".

There's a lot to gain by clipping the apex perfectly, especially at the end of the lefts and in t1. Pushing too hard and you will miss the apex and end on the grass. As for car stability it is important to be careful with the downshifts (maybe wait until the car is over the crests and settled). But these cars are quite tail-happy and needs lots of practice.

xxx is my time, what is yours

Stefan we don't talk about laptimes ahead of the night. Quoting Stuart:

My reasons for this are,
i) that virtually everyone's best times are set on an empty track with no compromise on lines, which you won't get on a busy track
ii) that posting lap times can (not necessarily will, but I've seen it happen) lead to people striving for a tenth here and there, and getting into bad habits (cuts, dangerous lines etc.) that could cause other drivers problems during a race.
iii) that the spread of relative speeds in the group always throw up people for you to have a race with, no matter of the laptime.
iv) that who's to say whether someone's telling the truth anyway, or whether a really quick time - that the person might never have ever got close to again - could discourage some of the slower drivers from even competing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%