Sharp white lines, how to fix

Hello ive got a little problem with AC. During the race white lines and some of enviroment looks pretty sharp, i dont like it. Is there any option to fix it? Posting pics with my specs and settings in ac.
Bez tytułu.jpg
adb.jpg
asdb.jpg
asdb.jpg
asdc.jpg
asdsa.jpg

You're going to get serious drops with AI because its very CPU intensive also. We all have that issue, it just comes down to how much power your CPU has and how many AI you're using. I've stated in previous threads, with the tracks we've been given thus far, it doesn't make much sense to ever run more than 12-16 AI since the performance hit is too great and the tracks aren't really big enough to accomodate that many cars without ending up in an incident. I almost never run a race with more than 12 AI simply because its just too cluttered. Multplayer should be better though since the game isn't using the CPU to calculate AI behavior.

You could also try dropping your resolution to 1600x900 if you can live with a slightly lower resolution. My stepson has a 1080p display and he's using an older AMD 5770 which is pretty close to your 7770, and I usually drop the resolution to 1600x900 on many intensive games to keep framerates up.

1920x1080 on an old core2quad@3.6ghz with a 5770, so not too dissimilar to the OP.

Also tested on a 7870 with similar percentage hit on AA and AF

Are both of those 1GB cards? A 7870 comes in two flavors, 1GB and less commonly 2GB. My 780s are 3GB cards so I'm wondering if it could be video card memory related, that's where I'm going with this.

Stuart is right in saying that contrary to almost every other game, AF settings in Assetto Corsa (which means 'Racing Suspension' in Italian, btw) have a great influence in framerate here.
Other settings to mess around with are world detail, smoke qualitiy, resolution ofc, cubemaps and reflections (which are fine at the second to last lowest settings).
It is true that after 16-18 Ai opponents you get diminishing returns in terms of fps and fps reserves, track limitations, race challenge and race enjoyment.

[...] My 780s are 3GB cards so I'm wondering if it could be video card memory related, that's where I'm going with this.
Testing with 2gb videocard memory I'll open a new thread with my testing results in an hour.

Edit: preliminary results: 20fps difference in 0xAF vs 16xAF

Last edited:
Stuart is right in saying that contrary to almost every other game, AF settings in Assetto Corsa (which means 'Racing Suspension' in Italian, btw) have a great influence in framerate here.
Other settings to mess around with are world detail, smoke qualitiy, resolution ofc, cubemaps and reflections (which are fine at the second to last lowest settings).
It is true that after 16-18 Ai opponents you get diminishing returns in terms of fps and fps reserves, track limitations, race challenge and race enjoyment.

Georg, I'm not seeing any decrease in framerate that I can recall though so now I'm trying to figure out which setups are affected by 16x AF. My cards have 3GB of memory, and I'm guessing Stuart and Marek have 1GB of memory, and that may be the issue why I don't see the hit like they do.

Are both of those 1GB cards? A 7870 comes in two flavors, 1GB and less commonly 2GB. My 780s are 3GB cards so I'm wondering if it could be video card memory related, that's where I'm going with this.
Mine is indeed 1GB, but due to my settings is never using more than 830. The 7870 was a 2GB version using nowhere near it's max either.

Not sure that this all matters anyway ;) The OP's problem is as sorted as he's going to get.

Thanks George for confirming my findings RE: AF

I am pretty sure some dev said it means "Setup to race" or "race trim" or similar...
I looked it up at dict.cc:
http://deit.dict.cc/?s=assetto
which gives me as a result for 'assetto': 'fahrwerk' which means 'suspension in english and it says 'automob.' in grey at the side which is ofc the indication for the genre. Also it says 'trim' in the nautical and aerodynamic sense, so I guess the devs meant this meaning.

Not as bad a result as my tests then. What card are you using?
HIS 7850 OC, which can be, thanks to the perfomance increase, compared to a GTX 660.

Testing with 2gb videocard memory I'll open a new thread with my testing results in an hour.

Edit: preliminary results: 20fps difference in 0xAF vs 16xAF

Georg, what are you getting though when going from 4xAF to 16xAF? I don't think anyone wants to use 0xAF from an image quality standpoint, 4xAF should always be the the minimum unless you like blurred textures.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back