1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sharing Setups

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by 2scoops, Mar 1, 2016.

1. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

As all the races are fun and we want as close racing as possible, I had a thought about the quickest person in that particular combination of car/track to share their setup with everyone else. Everyone does Leaderboard Challenges leading up to the race.
    It may give closer racing. I know not everyone can drive others setups, but if your running default or struggling with a setup then this would be really helpful.
    Not sure what you all would think of this, maybe, insane idea.

(you want to do what? :roflmao:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium Member

It's a fine sentiment Ant but I'm keeping the secret of my success very close to my chest...

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

What success :roflmao:

Only kidding :)

• Haha Haha x 3
  4. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium Member

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

when i do race, i do share setups/tips and maybe video, but haven't race in a long while so that's why the drought ...

• Beer Beer x 2
  6. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

I randomly post setups. Mostly the reaction is dull, and often noone takes the car I posted a set for. And the few who pick up on them fond them difficult to drive (I post the fastest set I have, not a tight one).

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

That's where driving style plays a part, I'm a safe driver so like a tight setup giving me more control as last nights race showed.
    Another thing I think doesn't help is that you can't share setups in game but either have to print or try and memorize them, and since we all know how good my memory is:rolleyes:.
    I switched to 2scoops setup seconds before qually ended and immediately noticed I had more control, I've never felt a difference so quickly. Mr C's I find comfortable to drive, I've never tried one of yours but from your description it probably wouldn't suit me. That shouldn't stop you or any others posting them as I'm pretty sure they will suit other drivers which hopefully will give us closer racing.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

Not that I have more success or not but keep them coming, maybe people will take your setup and have a starting point, still helps.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. We should try a spec race. Say everyone in a BMW Z4 or whatever car is designated.
    race 1 with default setup
    race 2 with modified setup
    Then we can really see how much of a difference suspension changes makes across an entire grid. :geek::geek::geek:

Which leads me to an off topic question. Why can't our names be on the car, when we race online, instead of over the car? And each car has a different number (1 thru 24 if 24 drivers are on grid)? You get them in numerical order as you enter the server. Couldn't that be programmed easily? It would be useful in a spec racing series or when many people are using the same livery. :coffee::geek::geek:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

Such a vast subject :
    - depends on track
    - car
    - driver
    - setup skill
    For me having a car that feels good to me (neutral or very little oversteer) makes me faster, but more importantly more consistent and confident in racing close.
    Example :
    - wtcc I am about 0.6 - 1sec slower in default
    - GT3's 1sec and above
    - high down force Aquila at least 1sec