Sharing Setups

As all the races are fun and we want as close racing as possible, I had a thought about the quickest person in that particular combination of car/track to share their setup with everyone else. Everyone does Leaderboard Challenges leading up to the race.
It may give closer racing. I know not everyone can drive others setups, but if your running default or struggling with a setup then this would be really helpful.
Not sure what you all would think of this, maybe, insane idea.

(you want to do what? :roflmao:)

I randomly post setups. Mostly the reaction is dull, and often noone takes the car I posted a set for. And the few who pick up on them fond them difficult to drive (I post the fastest set I have, not a tight one).
That's where driving style plays a part, I'm a safe driver so like a tight setup giving me more control as last nights race showed.
Another thing I think doesn't help is that you can't share setups in game but either have to print or try and memorize them, and since we all know how good my memory is:rolleyes:.
I switched to 2scoops setup seconds before qually ended and immediately noticed I had more control, I've never felt a difference so quickly. Mr C's I find comfortable to drive, I've never tried one of yours but from your description it probably wouldn't suit me. That shouldn't stop you or any others posting them as I'm pretty sure they will suit other drivers which hopefully will give us closer racing.

I randomly post setups. Mostly the reaction is dull, and often noone takes the car I posted a set for. And the few who pick up on them fond them difficult to drive (I post the fastest set I have, not a tight one).
Not that I have more success or not but keep them coming, maybe people will take your setup and have a starting point, still helps.

We should try a spec race. Say everyone in a BMW Z4 or whatever car is designated.
race 1 with default setup
race 2 with modified setup
Then we can really see how much of a difference suspension changes makes across an entire grid. :geek::geek::geek:

Which leads me to an off topic question. Why can't our names be on the car, when we race online, instead of over the car? And each car has a different number (1 thru 24 if 24 drivers are on grid)? You get them in numerical order as you enter the server. Couldn't that be programmed easily? It would be useful in a spec racing series or when many people are using the same livery. :coffee::geek::geek:

We should try a spec race. Say everyone in a BMW Z4 or whatever car is designated.
race 1 with default setup
race 2 with modified setup
Then we can really see how much of a difference suspension changes makes across an entire grid. :geek::geek::geek:

Which leads me to an off topic question. Why can't our names be on the car, when we race online, instead of over the car? And each car has a different number (1 thru 24 if 24 drivers are on grid)? You get them in numerical order as you enter the server. Couldn't that be programmed easily? It would be useful in a spec racing series or when many people are using the same livery. :coffee::geek::geek:
Such a vast subject :
- depends on track
- car
- driver
- setup skill
For me having a car that feels good to me (neutral or very little oversteer) makes me faster, but more importantly more consistent and confident in racing close.
Example :
- wtcc I am about 0.6 - 1sec slower in default
- GT3's 1sec and above
- high down force Aquila at least 1sec

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back