Sharing Questions About Sharing!

Hi,
I'm fairly new to this community, but the quality of the replies on this forum as well as Racer itself amazes me.
This is NOT an attempt to criticise the creators of all of these great cars (and tracks for that matter) that you see all over this forum; I'm simply curious. Unless I have missed some kind of wonderland on the web where all the cars are located, quite few cars are avalible for us to download and that, to me, raises some questions:
I can only imagine how much time you spend on each car to make them look as great as they do, but what are your thoughts on sharing cars with the community?
Do you have to keep the cars for yourself because of the policy that comes with the 3d-model (maybe from another game?) or do you keep it to yourself simply because it is your creation (I'd totally get that)?
Keep up the good work!

hmm...i can only speak for me, and my main problem is i can't model.
so i have only one way to get the cars or track in to racer i like, to convert it from other games...and yes the most i do not share, because i've not asked for permission...
to find downloads look arround here is some where a tread with links to some sites...

I'm new to racer and the community, too. It took me quite a while to collect some properly content. Not really a wonderland, but this carlist and tracklist for RC5+6 is a good start to fiddle with.
You may find more racing related cars by updating older files and like Alexander said, converting cars from other games. It seems like that is how things are.

Basically Racer has had some major upgrades over the past few years which made the older content obsolete. Unfortunately there are less people that make content now too. You'll also see that the RaceDepartment forums don't allow any copyrighted content (Forza models, etc) so unless you have permission (GTA conversions and such) it can't be posted here, so you'll find more cars at Tracciontrasera.

Basically Racer has had some major upgrades over the past few years which made the older content obsolete. Unfortunately there are less people that make content now too. You'll also see that the RaceDepartment forums don't allow any copyrighted content (Forza models, etc) so unless you have permission (GTA conversions and such) it can't be posted here, so you'll find more cars at Tracciontrasera.
True story, scratch made cars take longer to make then a conversion. My Bentley Blower falls somewhere between the two oddly enough, but I plan on releasing it soon, I just need to improve the seats, and tweak somethings, and fiddle with other things...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%